Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

did you encounter PC unstability with codex on?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I have 2 machines with windows 10 and firefox(noscript + ublock + greasemonkey). I wonder if anyone encounter same thing:

Sometimes my machine freezes. Occasionally Id be able to close everything and slowly gain control back, although in most cases Im forced to do reset. Its quite rare and due to its nature Im unable to track its better.
Because I managed to encounter it on 2 machines I narrowed it down to the fact that it happens when I have somewhere opened single codex page(regular thread). It can appear randomly with machine being up for either few days or few mins.

It is weird for codex to freeze my machine through browser but Im curious: did anyone encounter same issue?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Because I managed to encounter it on 2 machines I narrowed it down to the fact that it happens when I have somewhere opened single codex page(regular thread). It can appear randomly with machine being up for either few days or few mins.
Well, there is a whole lot of Java mumbo jumbo always trying to load alerts and such, which with adblock and script blockers might cause issues.

How long does it take to play up?

And what happens if you disable adblock et al?

Severian Silk

Last week I turned off adblock for some reason (can't remember what site I was viewing) and my nvidia drivers crashed. The monitor turned black for a split second, but then things were normal. A few minutes later my computer froze completely and I had to do a hard reset.

Windows 7, Google Chrome

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Yes, but only recently tho. Not sure what's causing it. Using Chrome, Windows 7.

Clean my comp daily with HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. Highly doubt it's malware/adware or virus crap, and i use MSE.

Turjan

Arcane
I experience similar freezes, but only with Firefox and sites that use lots of scripts. I guess Firefox doesn't like Win10, or the other way round. It's rare enough that it doesn't bother me much.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Movement is progress. Stability is doom.

This is why we actually need more liberals on this forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom