Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Direct Download or Boxed Edition. Which would you buy?

Which would you pay for?

• Direct Download

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boxed Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I reconsider, I'll torrent it.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Also, we have two offers for the Eastern Europe, so maybe we'll use publishers for this part of the world, to make the game more accessible.

Whoa. Stop tempting me already.

DemonKing

Arcane
If the DD version is substantially cheaper than the boxed version, then DD.

Of course, I'd have to want the game in the first place...

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Boxed version. I will buy it without even bothering to try demo, which of course makes me an oblivious fanboy.

However, I'm still jaded enough to think that they game will not come before the next 3 years. Which means that by that time I'll have forgotten about it, and when I'll finally want to buy it some years after the release, it surely will be freeware.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
I might consider buying the boxed version, but not before testing the downloaded demo version. After all, this game could still be shit, for all I know :)

Hazelnut

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
We'll drop the shipping charges for you, Elwro. The least we can do for a true patriot and veteran (2002 :salute:). Also, we have two offers for the Eastern Europe, so maybe we'll use publishers for this part of the world, to make the game more accessible.

Hey, is that offer open to all loyal 2002'ers then? :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Only to the ones who can't afford to pay the postage. If you tell me that you don't have enough money, I'll pay it.

Jora

Arcane
I'll download first, just to play it as soon as possible, and order the boxed edition at the same time.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Well, this might be an odd question, or it might be answered already, but anyway: Is "upgrading" from direct download to the boxed version by paying the price difference an option?

cardtrick

Arbiter
This has been asked before, and I am 95% sure that the answer was "most likely, yes." I can't be arsed to go looking for a link.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Most likely. Depends on the number of factors including how transactions will be handled. If I have to pay %, that's one thing. If there is a fixed min amount, say 5 bucks, then placing two different orders will cost us twice as much.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I've fully jumped on the DD bandwagon. It was an odd transition for me, as I have bookshelves devoted to my saved PC game boxes. But, I noticed the box versions of PC games getting smaller and smaller with less frills. Anymore I feel lucky if I get a plastic jewel case instead of a paper one. That, and my current HD filled up, so no-CD hacks weren't good enough to prevent me from having to reinstall to play a game again. So, I started doing DD. So far, loving it. It has its problems, and maybe in 50 years when all the DD services stop working I'll be a mess, but its not like my OS will be playing games then.

So, probably DD for AoD as well. Oh, I'm also a cheap, er, frugal fellow.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Claw said:
Wow VD, looks like you practically sold almost thirty units already. Awesome, huh?
OH THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESSS!!!

96 votes so far, 34 for the Direct Download and 62 for the Boxed Edition. Assuming (I love that word!) everyone buys as they voted, it all adds up to $3950. And you never know, a few people might even have too much money on their hands and buy the box twice!

denizsi

Arcane
If I like the demo/shareware, I'll go straight to the box. However, I'd still appreciate the option to download it despite the box

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom