Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Direct Download or Boxed Edition. Which would you buy?

Which would you pay for?

• Direct Download

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boxed Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J1M

Arcane
GeneralSamov said:
Can you read it during breakfast? And while taking a dump? What about in bed/on the couch? Can you use it as a a support for your bed? Can you put it on a shelf and show off your erudition? Paper's got its own charm, and frankly, I too would go for the boxed version. But I'm also nostalgic.
Digital paper?

Normally download is my choice because retail takes a 50% cut.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Probably both, though I like how people think they will be able to pick this up at BestBuy or Gamestop. People, if you buy the box set, it will be mailed to you.

Upon further reflection, I might end up buying 3 boxes. VD how does it feel to be taking half of one weeks worth of pay?

J1M

Arcane
Gold said:
Upon further reflection, I might end up buying 3 boxes. VD how does it feel to be taking half of one weeks worth of pay?
I don't think he'd mind. If you are willing to do something like that with your money, you would probably just waste the other $100 somewhere else anyway.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Box. Seriously, I'm the guy who bought the World of Warcraft DVD because I thought it'd save me downloading 2 GB+ of patches (that failed and I still haven't bothered downloading the last of the patches). I'm not a fan of downloading entire games. Plus there's the "I have the box" factor which I'll confess, is quite significant. I'm in the boat of "I feel like I've actually bought something then". Plus it saves me having to burn a CD or stuff it somewhere on the HDD if I ever want to play it again.

denizsi

Arcane
Plus, it would be extortion if you go for the digital download because nothing is physically removed from VD's inventory when you pay him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom