Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

vota DC

Augur
New devblog about...chinese translation.
There is also a screen of detective archetipe. It is quite interesting because they changed the values.

Old value was max skill 5 and the sum of intellect+psyche+physique+motorics was ALWAYS 8.
Not 100% sure about the chinese screenshot since I can't read chinese but the three archetipes seems to be:
6+1+4+1
1+6+1+4
1+4+6+1

Now the sum is 12 instead 8 and max value is 6!
First one could be the "heartless" intellectual, second the wololo guy and third one is some sort of brawler but not a berserker since has decent volition to avoid losing control too often.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Kasparov, remember when there was that poll and people voted for the "thought cabinet" to be the subject of the next devblog? Not just me, but other people also? Remember that? Good times.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://zaumstudio.com/2018/11/07/events-chinese-localization-press/

EVENTS! CHINESE LOCALIZATION!! PRESS!!!

What’s up, pals?

Day of the Devs is this weekend!! Myself, Mikk, and Dani are all making our way to San Francisco so we can share Disco Elysium with all of you. Just in case you missed those details, you’ll be able to come by The Midway (900 Marin Street, San Francisco, CA 94124) on Sunday the 11th from 3pm – 9pm and play our game to your heart’s content, along with 70+ other phenomenal titles. There will even be music performances from game industry greats Doseone, Chipzel, and Hydelic. The best part is the whole thing is free, all ages, and open to the public. Just make sure you RSVP! Thank you so much to Double Fine and iam8bit for having us.

bcca0712-111f-492b-b034-198693a1390b-700x415.jpg

We also have some pretty big news! We’ve started work on a Chinese translation of Disco Elysium!! We’ve localized the first hour of gameplay into simplified Chinese, and to celebrate that progress we’ll be showing off that demo at Games Fusion Lite Guangzhou this weekend (November 10th and 11th) as well. There’s a write-up you can look to for more details! While this Chinese localization won’t be available upon launch, we promise we’ll be working hard to make this version be its best. We hope you’ll support us!

We’ve also had a couple more mentions of Disco Elysium in the press. We’re honoured to be included in the final issue of GamesMaster, though we’re quite sad to say goodbye to the magazine and are thankful to everyone who worked hard on that project. Additionally, our lead writer and designer Robert Kurvitz spoke with gamesindustry.biz about Disco Elysium, its exploration of alcoholism, as well as the intersections of tragedy and comedy. It’s a stellar read, so please check it out!

Talk to you all again soon.

vota DC

Augur
Now I know how it is pronounced. But what is it?
A way to convert. It was introduced in rts since Ordos Deviator in Dune 2, in age of empires you have priests that say wololo.
In this game you have rethorics that is an intellect skill that help you to perform political speeches but the persuadion success is determined by your psyche skills (one is suggestion the other is autority). Therefore a detective with 1 intellect and very low vocabulary can still persuade peoplel if he has high psyche using simple words like wololo.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
An indelible sign of your age being in the pre-adolescent segment.

Instead of spilling bad Petrosian-like jokes for 200 rubles you could just tell it.

A way to convert. It was introduced in rts since Ordos Deviator in Dune 2, in age of empires you have priests that say wololo.
In this game you have rethorics that is an intellect skill that help you to perform political speeches but the persuadion success is determined by your psyche skills (one is suggestion the other is autority). Therefore a detective with 1 intellect and very low vocabulary can still persuade peoplel if he has high psyche using simple words like wololo.

Thanks! I mostly got it. Mostly.
Never played AoE though played Dune on sega.

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/...-up-and-became-an-art-form-to-rival-hollywood

Sure enough, away from the brightest lights and longest lines, EGX finds space for a panoply of different narratives. A bank of PCs down one aisle is showing Disco Elysium, a roleplaying adventure game set in a bizarre Eastern European world, part Life on Mars-style 1970s and part fantasy-medieval horror.

It’s designed by an Estonian novelist and former musician called Robert Kurwitz, and I am allowed to play half an hour of it, which is enough to form the impression that it contains some of the best dialogue I’ve encountered in a video game, paired with some of the strangest game mechanics. Text-heavy, intense and deeply rooted in its weird world, this is a detective adventure in which progression allows you to alter things inside the detective’s head: by growing different chattering factions of an interior consciousness, each with its own enthusiasms and interests, you dictate the ways the character perceives the world and his surroundings.

Disco Elysium will be just one of many fascinating pathways into gaming’s growing fringe, where small teams experiment with different routes through narrative and new game mechanisms.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
WE’VE GOT MORE PICTURES FROM EVENTS, MORE PRESS, AND MORE NEWS!
EMI SPICER

Hi everyone!

Day of the Devs is all done, and we had a phenomenal time. We’ve said it before but we really have to say it again- Thank you so much to Double Fine and iam8bit for including us in their stellar showcase. We wanted to play every game, and we also had so much fun hanging out at our booth meeting you all! We really enjoyed talking to those of you who have following the game for a while, as well as those who were discovering it for the first time. We hope you’ll enjoy this collection of pictures we took during the weekend

Meanwhile, Kaur was off in Guangzhou getting to know the local video game scene at Games Fusion Lite! We’re very excited to have had such a positive response to the debut of our Chinese translation demo. It felt really good to see so much laughter in response to the jokes! Many thanks to the team at whispergames for helping to make this possible. Oh, and by the way, we’re on Weibo now! We hope you’ll follow along and support us over there as well.

We can’t make it through a week without a fresh announcement these days, so here’s one for this week: We’ll be participating in Kinda Funny’s Game Showcase! On Tuesday, December 8th they’ll be hosting a streaming celebration of all things gaming, including us! We hope you’ll mark your calendars and tune in so you can see us.

kindafunny-square-disco-700x700.jpg

We’ve got one last thing to share with you this week before we go. Prospect Magazine was kind enough to mention us as having “some of the best dialogue I’ve encountered in a video game, paired with some of the strangest game mechanics” when they stopped by our EGX booth. We really dug reading this piece, and think you will too, so please give it your time.

Catch ya later!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/...-up-and-became-an-art-form-to-rival-hollywood

Sure enough, away from the brightest lights and longest lines, EGX finds space for a panoply of different narratives. A bank of PCs down one aisle is showing Disco Elysium, a roleplaying adventure game set in a bizarre Eastern European world, part Life on Mars-style 1970s and part fantasy-medieval horror.

It’s designed by an Estonian novelist and former musician called Robert Kurwitz, and I am allowed to play half an hour of it, which is enough to form the impression that it contains some of the best dialogue I’ve encountered in a video game, paired with some of the strangest game mechanics. Text-heavy, intense and deeply rooted in its weird world, this is a detective adventure in which progression allows you to alter things inside the detective’s head: by growing different chattering factions of an interior consciousness, each with its own enthusiasms and interests, you dictate the ways the character perceives the world and his surroundings.

Disco Elysium will be just one of many fascinating pathways into gaming’s growing fringe, where small teams experiment with different routes through narrative and new game mechanisms.

Premise is absolute shit, whole article is shit, and the only decent part is about DE.
Something about games as art and then all over the place - AssassinCreedMarioGTA!
:hahano:
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
It almost looks like they try to give this AAA-junk more credibility through mentioning your game.

Also about pics - this guy in a glasses should be careful, or after ten years, it turned out that he was harassing dangerhairs then.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
WE’VE GOT MORE PICTURES FROM EVENTS, MORE PRESS, AND MORE NEWS!
EMI SPICER

Hi everyone!

Day of the Devs is all done, and we had a phenomenal time. We’ve said it before but we really have to say it again- Thank you so much to Double Fine and iam8bit for including us in their stellar showcase. We wanted to play every game, and we also had so much fun hanging out at our booth meeting you all! We really enjoyed talking to those of you who have following the game for a while, as well as those who were discovering it for the first time. We hope you’ll enjoy this collection of pictures we took during the weekend

Meanwhile, Kaur was off in Guangzhou getting to know the local video game scene at Games Fusion Lite! We’re very excited to have had such a positive response to the debut of our Chinese translation demo. It felt really good to see so much laughter in response to the jokes! Many thanks to the team at whispergames for helping to make this possible. Oh, and by the way, we’re on Weibo now! We hope you’ll follow along and support us over there as well.

We can’t make it through a week without a fresh announcement these days, so here’s one for this week: We’ll be participating in Kinda Funny’s Game Showcase! On Tuesday, December 8th they’ll be hosting a streaming celebration of all things gaming, including us! We hope you’ll mark your calendars and tune in so you can see us.

kindafunny-square-disco-700x700.jpg

We’ve got one last thing to share with you this week before we go. Prospect Magazine was kind enough to mention us as having “some of the best dialogue I’ve encountered in a video game, paired with some of the strangest game mechanics” when they stopped by our EGX booth. We really dug reading this piece, and think you will too, so please give it your time.

Catch ya later!
Burn the upper left!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
HoboForEternity Have you actually seen any of the code? Have you seen the game being run on a computer? All you've seen are images of concept art, still renders, and maybe one gameplay scene (which can be easily faked, or perhaps the only actual working piece of software...) You are only accepting the fact that it is real based on faith.

You know what else has plenty of "pictures" alleging its veracity while all the actual data is nowhere to be found? The moon landing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom