Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deadass

Savant
when tf is this game coming out i want to buy it fuckers

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Marat Sar can't find proper words for this update, and even picture.

What I want to say - be careful, our shit Universe won't let such beautiful things like your game to exist, so be very careful what you eat, and when crossing the street look left, then right, or opposite in UK.
Also, I have no idea about my future even month ahead, and more to say today is election day, Russia electing "new" old executioner, so what level of the opression will be achieved after that nobody knows.
So, I have found a perfect man for advertasing or marketing for Russian audience, if you intend to do something like this at all I doubt you will find someone more profesional and I'm sure you wont find anything remotely close rpofessional for that money.
If you interested, let me know, I'm not sure if I should make it publicly or better use PM.

As an American citizen I cannot tolerate this slander of our beloved leader, President Putin.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
As an American citizen I cannot tolerate this slander of our beloved leader, President Putin.

I wish you was here....
to watch this clinical circus with "election". If you have someone who knows Russian and/or watch what happened here in last month - ask him, you'll tear your tummy from laughter. Also, if you have watched Gangs of New York - same happened here...

Aducan

Barely Literate
Ahoy!

I was as reading an interview on the dev blog and noticed that Robert Kurvitz (Lead Designer of Disco Elysium, I believe) mentioned he wrote a book called "The Sacred and Terrible Air" (Estonian: "Püha ja õudne lõhn") and that its English translation is finished.

Was wondering where I could get a copy of the book, digital or physical? A quick google search didn't help, and wikipedia doesn't have any links either (both source links redirect to, I think, Estonian websites that I don't think have a link to buy either).

I would love to get a look into his world and writing!

Thanks for your time, and a thank you to the devs for their hard work!

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Ahoy!

I was as reading an interview on the dev blog and noticed that Robert Kurvitz (Lead Designer of Disco Elysium, I believe) mentioned he wrote a book called "The Sacred and Terrible Air" (Estonian: "Püha ja õudne lõhn") and that its English translation is finished.

Was wondering where I could get a copy of the book, digital or physical? A quick google search didn't help, and wikipedia doesn't have any links either (both source links redirect to, I think, Estonian websites that I don't think have a link to buy either).

I had to delve deep to find an answer to this question, but after hours of laborious research I stumbled upon the truth! From twelve whole posts ago:

The book will sadly not be released before the game. It would have been a hell of a conceptual move, but 1) Interest before the game launches would be minimal 2) Both the author and translator are hard at work on La Discothèque D'Elysium. It will (probably) be released some time after the game.

Aducan

Barely Literate
Ahoy!

I had to delve deep to find an answer to this question, but after hours of laborious research I stumbled upon the truth! From twelve whole posts ago:

The book will sadly not be released before the game. It would have been a hell of a conceptual move, but 1) Interest before the game launches would be minimal 2) Both the author and translator are hard at work on La Discothèque D'Elysium. It will (probably) be released some time after the game.

Ah bollocks. I was hoping to get a head start on the lore.

Sorry about not checking the posts, I'll do my best to make sure I'm not asking redundant questions next time, but 79 pages seemed like just too much to sift through, haha. Is there a search function to search all pages at once for a keyword?

Anyway, thank you for your help! Saved me "hours of laborious research"! :P

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Also, having a high Psyche and thus a high Volition also means you have a high Inland Empire.
Some skills are derived? Or partially derived?

They’re all partially derived from your attributes.

From tovarisch Kurvitz:

“Every Attribute has six Skills.

In the beginning the amount of points you have in a Skill is equal to it’s parent Attribute. During the game you gain more points (Experience) by completing tasks and discovering secrets. Experience can be used to unlock Skills – it takes three points to unlock one. Once unlocked you may put more points into your Skill. The maximum amount you can spend on a Skill is equal to it’s Attribute. (Natural aptitude equals the learning cap).”

http://zaumstudio.com/2017/01/19/introducing-metric-arguably-worlds-simplest-role-playing-system/

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So your skill level is basically:

Underlying attribute level + points spent

?

And "points spent" is also capped by the attribute level?

Prime Junta

I interrupt this discussion to post two pictures that Aleksander Rostov posted on Twitter just because they're so fucking awesome and also show what a huge difference a few details make, if the artist is good enough:

DVWUqfeXkAA-Y-9.jpg

My comment was "that looks fashy." So some time later, he replied with this:

DYql_kvXUAAs1xg.jpg:large

Beowulf

Arcane
how does that look 'fashy' you dumb fuck

Perhaps he wanted to write "flashy"?

You know, because of the red shirt with white designer logo on the shoulder?

That's something only people who want everybody else to know their fashion convictions would wear.

Prime Junta

if you can't tell the difference between communist totalitarian fashion and fascist totalitarian fashion, you have no business posting in this thread

Prime Junta

The worst thing is that he change it because of some retard twatting.

yep.. this game will be subjected to the whims of the braindead twatter posters
"why aren't there any people with blue hair in this game??? WTF?"
"oh s-sorry we'll get on that r-right away"

Yes! Disco Elysium is so inclusive it even lets you play as a fascist -- and rewards you for it!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The worst thing is that he change it because of some retard twatting.

yep.. this game will be subjected to the whims of the braindead twatter posters
"why aren't there any people with blue hair in this game??? WTF?"
"oh s-sorry we'll get on that r-right away"

Yes! Disco Elysium is so inclusive it even lets you play as a fascist -- and rewards you for it!
This sounds pretty cool,would be fun to purge a few of nature's mistakes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom