Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
The worst thing is that he change it because of some retard twatting.

yep.. this game will be subjected to the whims of the braindead twatter posters
"why aren't there any people with blue hair in this game??? WTF?"
"oh s-sorry we'll get on that r-right away"

Yes! Disco Elysium is so inclusive it even lets you play as a fascist -- and rewards you for it!
ooh it's a real life simulator

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can also ideologically argue about how "democratic" are the police forces in most of "western civilization" at the moment but that would open a very big discussion
I don't get you exactly again,
My point was that it doesn't matter how "democratic" the West is if you don't want to compare it to anything else - like the many, openly-undemocratic places and the millions who continually flee to the West from them, not the other way around. Places where you'll probably be murdered if you want to be an artist, and "God forbid", make any money or offend the wrong people doing it. That's why I get a bit annoyed when I see Game Designers in the West romanticising/diluting Authoritarian shit that would have them incarcerated or killed for their own passion. It's insane.

Personally I'm only commenting on the West because I have no personal view of other places. OK, obviously there are worse places and I'm not saying "woohoo go to the middle east it's better" or something similar...
Also not idolizing eastern ex-communist countries or something similar.

My main point is that in the west there is a feeling of democracy and freedom which is based on wrong foundations(imo, of course) and people usually realize that the moment they slightly go "off the expected path". Police is usually there to make them realize fast where this freedom stops..

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a difference though, try, say shitting on the picture of King of Thailand or shitting on the picture of D. Trump. The latter will get you prolly fined for public indecency or something, shun to think what would happen in the land of the ladyboys.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a difference though, try, say shitting on the picture of King of Thailand or shitting on the picture of D. Trump. The latter will get you prolly fined for public indecency or something, shun to think what would happen in the land of the ladyboys.
Wait, I wasn't sure which was which for a second. Oh well, it works both ways.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, I wasn't sure which was which for a second. Oh well, it works both ways.
Yea well, that was ambiguous to say the least. And in India, it's called the toilet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can also ideologically argue about how "democratic" are the police forces in most of "western civilization" at the moment but that would open a very big discussion
I don't get you exactly again,
My point was that it doesn't matter how "democratic" the West is if you don't want to compare it to anything else - like the many, openly-undemocratic places and the millions who continually flee to the West from them, not the other way around. Places where you'll probably be murdered if you want to be an artist, and "God forbid", make any money or offend the wrong people doing it. That's why I get a bit annoyed when I see Game Designers in the West romanticising/diluting Authoritarian shit that would have them incarcerated or killed for their own passion. It's insane. (enjoyable though when you get a Commie to admit over and over that the only thing separating him from a Nazi is aesthetics :lol:)
You say it as if every authoritarian government is burning artist left and right,when in reality they don't care as long as the art is not going against the government dogma. Yeah,if you draw their glorious leader sucking dick,you will get fucked....hard. Look at merkel,she doesn't give a flying fuck for the arts as long as it is not something about the refugees or the rapes,then it is a hate speech and it needs to be burned. Another thing is that most Authoritarian despots do have nice taste in art. Anyway,most artsy people a wast of resources,it will be nice to have a purge of all those pseudo intellectuals and superior creatures. Modern art is total shit in all of its forms,don't care if it burns. At least in burning could make way for a better one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In the end, Disco will be judged as a CRPG solely on its own merit and content, not whatever dumb shit its creators might have said elsewhere. This is Codex, we will criticize your game regardless!
Totally agree with you mate,we will tear it a new asshole.....s. :salute:

Deflowerer

Arcane
dudes behind these are Estonian hipsters, what do you expect. nothing worse in this world then Estonian hipsters or any slightly lefty Estonian. same mentality as the communists of yore, really.

Fortunately, I think the game will be good enough and I can look past it.

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
There is some confusion about the direction the discussions here in the Codex have headed so Rostov asked me to confirm that yes indeed he did have anal sex with Ayn Rand and I quote: "No joke".

Carry on.

Prime Junta

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Huh. Maybe they just really want to lose fat or something and have exhausted all other means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom