Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disgusting!

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
What with the entertainment industry about to implode in a glorious sea of scandal, villainy and general muck spreading, I thought I'd petition DarkUnderlord to either produce, or commission someone to produce, a Disgusting! rating for everyone to use. While its nice that one exists, there may be some who find it a bit awkward using his mug as the default Disgusting! for these threads. If feel sure people will be being Disgusted! from all walks of life, not just in the Trump camp. Not to mention some people simply don't have access (for obvious reasons) to the current Disgusting! rating.

Otherwise, what rating is there that will accurately convey what most of these future threads will be demanding.

I therefore indulge the people of the codex to submit potential images for this cause, to kindly offer general support for this cause and to implore Mr. Underlord to take this as seriously as he would a new born lamb that's weeping on his lap from an unknown illness in wee small hours.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The removal of ratings would make megathreads even more frustrating to read. They're a salve for megathread culture.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Since the implementation of buttons, my arthritis has improved greatly. Thanks DU.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
^

So if I made the vid can I get the buttons?

kDS4aoS.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
The answer is not more ratings, but removal of ratings. Else we soon don't have posts anymore, just an OP and everyone can click a button to show their opinion. Social-Media-Codex is awful and we should all be ashamed tbh

The buttans were an excellent idea. Just the thing for busy young professionals who don't have the time to type out posts. If anything what is needed is moar button functionality! Giving users the ability to rate ratings would make the Codex the most advanced and prestigious RPG game discussion website on the interwebs, if not the entire planet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Or make it so that you could rate only posts that are before your own post. That will restrict the wankers that only rate without posting. Even a newfag like me could see that there are a lot of people that only rate and don't write.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
^

See, this is the kind of people we attract with buttons. New codexers won't even know what it was like before. How fun it ws. Instead we now attract facebook-retards who enjoy awesome-buttons. Really sad :negative:

:bro:

I also recommend a look at profile of someone like asfasdf who has done basically nothing but rating ..

We also need a killurself! rating for posters like you.

This is so good I make it my new signature :lol:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
See, this is the kind of people we attract with buttons. New codexers won't even know what it was like before. How fun it ws. Instead we now attract facebook-retards who enjoy awesome-buttons. Really sad

I am sorry but I find that statement hilariously hypocritical coming from a poster who, by her own admission, posted a shit ton of pictures of herself for the purpose of farming brofists, and stopped the very moment brofists became pointless as a popularity-o-meter, saying it 'wasn't fun anymore.'

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
^

See, this is the kind of people we attract with buttons. New codexers won't even know what it was like before. How fun it ws. Instead we now attract facebook-retards who enjoy awesome-buttons. Really sad :negative:

I don't know, it really cuts back on the short superfluous replies, basically saying they agree/disagree or think something is funny. On a forum like this one it's not such a bad way to lower post numbers and make threads more readable.

Edit; You may also be mistaking smilies cancer for general societal cancer and plummeting attention spans, the retards would come anyway, shiny buttons or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom