Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Siel

Arcane
Patron
So it's been confirmed Corvo gets a voice in this one.
Is Stephen Russell still available for work?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Bro's can you imagine how cool an isometric turn based stealth/combat RPG Dishonored could be. With you controlling Corvo and Emily, open level design and good encounters. Kinda like the Commandos series. Damn it, the real world is always so disappointing when you drink.

Sure it could be cool but 1st person real-time stealth games like Thief are still better.

The level of Dishonored worship here is incredible.

Not as incredible as the "all we've seen is one trailer but I still know that the game will suck" edgedex attitude :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if the people in Serkonos will speak with Latin accents, or if everybody will be American again like in Gristol/Dunwall

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I wonder if the people in Serkonos will speak with Latin accents, or if everybody will be American like in Gristol/Dunwall

If they do have a "foreign" accent, I really hope that Arkane does it properly. Horrible fake accents like nords in Skyrim make me wish for a non-voice acted game instead :negative:

Vibalist

Arcane
I never understood this thing where you give 'foreign' characters these stupid sounding pseudo accents rather than a: giving them their own language or b: dropping the accents altogether. It always sounds absolutely shitty.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Loot is pointless and everywhere... Donotwant.

So you never bought any upgrades and supplies, right? I mean, the loot is completely pointless..

Combat is a joke... Runningsimulator.

The two parts of the sentence don't even match. The combat is bad... because you can run away from it... ok.

(For the record, I have been hit by enemy pistols and zapping devices even when I've run quite a bit far. Running only works if you can quickly put a building or so between your enemies, for which you would most likely need to use Blink.)

After throughout searching in first mission I've already got all the runes you'll ever need... LARPGARBAGE.

You can say this just by playing the first mission? Have you actually seen how much all the powers cost? Especially since they can be upgraded. Sure, you don't need powers besides Blink, in the same way you don't really need a lot of tools in Thief(most players use just the blackjack and water arrows).. but the runes given actually aren't that much. I do wish there was more done with the powers though, because most of them seem like they're useful only if you willingly get into combat and use them, or for entering some passages.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Dishonored has some serious problems, like the too simplistic stealth system or the lack of challenge while using the magic powers, among others... but you should think a bit more before posting stuff onto a public internet forum. Especially this sort of forum, where people are willing to tear up almost any post, given a good chance.

Dishonored 2... eh, I'll see. I hope I get to see some gameplay soon, and maybe they would have actually improved the stealth and made the magic powers more interesting. Still looking forward to it though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I wonder if people actually played it. Considering they could easily find that blink isn't teleport.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait is that the same game I played?

Of course, it's Dishonored. (I even moded it to increase number of dead bodies to prevent dead body removal for too large number of dead bodies, and it made things much more difficult and realistic.)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
A lot of the stuff in that video is completely unneccessary showing off (and requires a lot of practice and skill) but it demonstrates perfectly how ridiculous and cool stuff the game allows you to do with all the powers and gadgets if you are creative and skilled enough.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I used a lot of stuff in that video, of course not that lobbing crossbow bolts.

I'm also not sure if he didn't combined this video from multiple play throughts, because posseision and time stop are QUITE expensive skills and it's quite hard to get runes for both. I used rat swarm which is weaker, but also quite fun for body removal.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm also not sure if he didn't combined this video from multiple play throughts, because posseision and time stop are QUITE expensive skills and it's quite hard to get runes for both.

Well, the part where he uses Possession is the sixth mission so I'd say it's possible to have both at that point.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I hope we can tuck away the sword this time. It was a little bit overly in my face for a pacifist playthough. I am hyped and really glad that this is still being developed by Arkane.
That being said, I do hope they redesign Emily. I understand that people look different when they grow up, but she went from a little English girl with puffy cheeks to a somewhat Asian-looking, oddly masculine Bayonetta.

arIZSRZ.png

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I hope we can tuck away the sword this time. It was a little bit overly in my face for a pacifist playthough. I am hyped and really glad that this is still being developed by Arkane.
That being said, I do hope they redesign Emily. I understand that people look different when they grow up, but she went from a little English girl with puffy cheeks to a somewhat Asian-looking, oddly masculine Bayonetta.

arIZSRZ.png

Don't forget this is a CGI trailer, certainly done by an external contractor instead of Arkane and that she might not look like that ingame (Corvo was supposed to be blonde if you watch the first CGI trailer).

CHvJAOJW8AA1cZU.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Did the creators of Dishonored rape some of you? The level of Dishonored worship here is incredible. The game has two good missions - the first and the last one. The rest - forgettable.

The sequel will be the same.
Yeah, agree with you, there is so much good new stealth games out there... Who needs Dishonored when they have Thi4f?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Combat is a joke... Runningsimulator.
You know... Dishonored is kinda of a stealth game too, it is kinda retarded to expect that you were to be forced to kill all the enemies once they find you. Even Thief the Dark Project had flashbang grenades for you to flee from enemies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dishonored is well-designed, but to recognize it as such, you have to first accept the idea that there is such a thing as a "well-designed easy game". Not everybody will.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah, agree with you, there is so much good new stealth games out there... Who needs Dishonored when they have Thi4f?

Dishonored is good on its own, not just when you compare it to cancer like Thiaf.
I have my share of annoyances with Dishonored but the question is until someone doesn't make a non-popamole Thief 4 (Kudos for Dark Mod fan missions, they are fun, but I still want a full polished campaign), Arkane is the only company that has a clue on how to make a stealth game that isn't a linear set of setpieces with broken Ai and terrible level design. My main problem is that the powers are a bit too overpowered and allow you to avoid the whole mission too easy, some mission maps could be bigger too but I hold the edgylord on me, the levels are well designed what is a miracle these days.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I feel like a filthy colonial about to be thrown into jail for not being tanned enough when I look at those guards, renders or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom