Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - standalone adventure featuring Billie Lurk

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Billie is cool, so what's the problem, you rayciss?

This is one of those moments when you would want to be racist so that you could know what's wrong with you. But NO.

Billie's backstory is interesting until a point but then the character is completely uninteresting. Also you could fuck her up based on your decisions ... which doesn't matter anyway according to Arkane's understanding of C&C.

However there is one thing which could rekindle my interest for this shit: Billie has no super powers therefore they might go for a complete stealth game. That would be cool. Much more cool than a mulatto character which has nothing to say besides her skin color.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
toro discovers that Arkane's games have always been about abilities/gameplay first.

But I'm sure somebody out there gives a rats ass about the protagonist's feelz.

PS: At least none of their protagonists are obnoxious l1bruls, and that's acceptable enough.

Last edited:

Seaking4

Learned
However there is one thing which could rekindle my interest for this shit: Billie has no super powers therefore they might go for a complete stealth game.

When did she lose her powers?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro discovers that Arkane's games have always been about abilities/gameplay first.

But I'm sure somebody out there gives a rats ass about the protagonist's feelz.

PS: At least none of their protagonists are obnoxious l1bruls, and that's acceptable enough.

Do you repeat this shit in front of a mirror? Cause it doesn't make sense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Billie_Lurk

Billie Lurk's appearance at the end of The Wyrmwood Deceit and her powers were not explained through the comics or Dishonored 2. According to Harvey Smith, Lurk is not marked by the Outsider, but rather empowered at the end of the comics by certain artifacts found during her later adventures and affected by changes at Stilton Manor during Dishonored 2.

Seaking4

Learned
Well he had powers in the first DLC. She was teleporting around and firing those arrows at you when you fight her.

Regardless of how she gained powers, she will most certainly have some for the DLC.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Really hope they don't go so hard on gimmicks and are more creative on the optional ways to end the missions, the Stilton Manor was a bore as it was the Clockwork Mansion, liked the At the World's End, Conservatory and the Dust District much more than the hyped gimmicky heavy missions.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well he had powers in the first DLC. She was teleporting around and firing those arrows at you when you fight her.

Regardless of how she gained powers, she will most certainly have some for the DLC.

My mistake. She had some powers thanks to her alliance with Delilah and Daud but she was never marked by the Outsider.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gameplay trailer:

After the events of Dishonored 2, things might finally seem calm for Billie Lurk and her former mentor Daud – but a new storm is brewing in the Empire of the Isles. In the first standalone adventure in the award-winning Dishonored series, Billie will play a key role in the bloody battle against the black-eyed bastard himself, the Outsider. A former killer-for-hire in search of redemption, Billie will take on one last job and pull off the ultimate assassination – and the Empire will never be the same again. Get your first look at Dishonored: Death of the Outsider in action in this gameplay trailer, featuring Rosario Dawson, Michael Madsen and Robin Lord Taylor returning as Billie, Daud and the Outsider, respectively.

See a new side of Karnaca as Death of the Outsider takes you through its gritty underbelly. Investigate mysterious cults, infiltrate underground fight clubs, and even pull off a bank heist as you search for a way to do the impossible: kill a god. Playing as a new assassin, you’ll have access to slew of powerful new supernatural abilities, weapons and gadgets, all of which are designed to help you cut a bloody swath through Karnaca and leave your mark on the history. Or perhaps you’ll choose to be merciful and use your skills to slip unnoticed through the world. In true Arkane fashion, the intricately designed levels allow for a wide array of playstyles, with branching paths and heavy choices that will greatly affect the outcome of your mission.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Billie is cool, so what's the problem, you rayciss?
She's black, and every iteration of Dishonored, she's becoming more black.
The night stealth in the next dlcs will be far too easy.I would be surprised if she is like this nigger!
9a545dacc8c2680974648c1f8abdb0d4--vintage-funny-quotes-funny-quotes-and-sayings.jpg

or like that one
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Seaking4

Learned
I would've thought that Arkane would have gone with the 'Stilton never went crazy' version of events yet she is still missing an eye and has a robotic arm. Weird. They clearly assumed the low chaos paths for everything else up until now.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Who indeed.
IDGAF about black female Sergeant Rex Colt, gib us Daud and Michael Madsen's sweet raspy voice

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/dishonored-2/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider-gameplay

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider's new abilities turn it into a violent strategy game

Billie Lurk is the star attraction of Dishonored's upcoming Death of the Outsider DLC. So ditch your crush on the expansion's titular edgelord and ready your blade; the equally well-dressed and probably as deadly Lurk should be your new obsession. You won’t be sparing many lives in this latest adventure through Karnaca, either. That’s not because Lurk is in any way tough to play stealthily, but rather because she’s so much fun to play loud, brash, and a little bit stupidly.

Lurk’s Displace ability is key to this, a movement ability with a devious twist that makes picking off guards a breeze. Unlike Corvo’s Blink or Emily’s Far Reach movement powers, Displace does far more than close large distances in an instant, it lets you choose whether to warp to a point or leave a spawner that you can return to in an instant. Of course, that initial placement phase means it takes a lot longer to scale buildings with Displace than it does with Corvo’s Blink, but being able to zip to a rooftop and back into obscurity after setting fire to an elite guard and gutting his mate never gets old. Much like those dead guards.

dishonored%20billie%20lurk.jpg

It’s also an ability that’s spectacularly easy to get wrong, leading to memorable results as you spawn directly in front of a group of enemies rather than behind them as you had planned. Use it during combat as you would Corvo’s Blink and things get more comical as you drop a perfectly positioned spawn point only to forget to actually jump to it, leaving you flailing at the bottom of a wall as a group of baddies encircle you.

When you do use it properly it’s a thing of beauty, letting you assassinate a single target and phase back to safety. And while omnipotence is a hoot, it pales in comparison to omniscience, which is what Lurk’s Foresight ability gives you. This power lets you pause the action and scout ahead for enemies with total camera freedom - tag key enemies, people you’re following, and even in-the-way civvies. Foresight even lets you see each enemy’s cone of vision, letting you plan Displace moves with absolute accuracy.

Mission_2_-_Spector_Club_1502873931.png

Billie Lurk’s abilities feel refreshing and liberating, even if they’re tricky to execute as intended. She’s fun to murder with, but she’s even more fun to experiment with, despite that occasionally leading to tactical missteps and catastrophic assassination attempts.

Another highlight of my all-too-brief hands-on time with Death of the Outsider was the new Contracts feature. Effectively bonus objectives, Contracts give you some additional targets to execute on your way to the major players. What sets these apart from standard kills is the range of conditions that need to be met in order for you to receive your stipend.

For example, one contract asks me to kill a troublesome performer near a local suicide hotspot. So, naturally, you have to make it look like an accident. I paid absolutely no attention to that last bit however, warping in and executing the poor chap before picking his body up and lobbing it off a cliff - having three witnesses somewhat breaks the illusion of it being an accident, so I failed the contract.

dishonored_1.jpg

Another contract tasks me with tailing a target, in the hope that they reveal whose employ they’re under, and then killing both of them. Keeping up with the target isn’t the hard bit, it’s avoiding the pockets of guards and workers along the way that raise her alarm. A combination of Foresight and Displace are especially effective here, allowing you to scout out either your next few seconds of play, or the bulk of the journey. With all the guards marked out, Displace is even more effective, letting you place spawn points ready for when a guard turns, or to retreat to safety should they change up their routine patrol route.

Eventually, the target sits down on a bench next to a man and starts chatting to him about her exploits, leaving me to simply swoop in and stab them both up. Immediately, I’m killed by two nearby guards I failed to register. A second attempt goes awry too, with me managing to kill both targets and the two guards just in time for an additional patrol to finish me off. Third time's the proverbial charm, and all because I remember to leave a Displace over an awning, which allows me to kill everyone in the immediate radius, before escaping to the awning and then onto a rooftop.

dishonored%20deathoftheoutsider.jpg

Lurk’s abilities encourage you to play more adventurously than before, and managing to execute painstakingly thought-out plans with her is a constant pleasure. The fact that she boasts a glut of wrist-mounted firearms and supernatural tricks to bust out of the bag when things don’t follow the programme only adds to the appeal, giving cause to mess things up every now and again. Lurk exemplifies Dishonored 2’s gameplay, letting you be as creative and stealthy as you want, but not punishing you for spreading some chaos along the way.

Death of the Outsider releases on on September 15, 2017.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It’s also an ability that’s spectacularly easy to get wrong, leading to memorable results as you spawn directly in front of a group of enemies rather than behind them as you had planned. Use it during combat as you would Corvo’s Blink and things get more comical as you drop a perfectly positioned spawn point only to forget to actually jump to it, leaving you flailing at the bottom of a wall as a group of baddies encircle you.

One has to be a special kind of idiot when they can even screw up with cheat abilities.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Tradition in game development was to make different game after finishing one game. Sequels were only with some delay between them so both players and developers have some rest and sequels were without mishaps of previous games. This situation where one company practically make one game and sequel one after another feels like a way to lower and lower quality and worse story made by people who are making one type of game for so long, they are unable to make something new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom