Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divine Divinity 1 vs Divine Divinity 2

Xi

Arcane
"but it had a bit more depth to it"

No, it didn't. Outside fo the warrior special attack all melee combat is spam the attack button, guzzle some buttons, and retreat/flee if overhwelmed by numbers or uber boss 9early/mid game as late game is just one huge joke). DD2 combat has more depth as at least you had more actual options.

I agree. DD1 was pretty simplistic, but it captured the illusion of disbelief quite well. What else matters? It worked.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
DD1 was kinda fun if you had the discipline to stop yourself from using freezing swords and scorpion traps.

Did DD2 have the oh-let-me-clear-this dungeon-for-you scorpion traps as well?
No.

Scorpion traps were fucking retarded, who would even need discipline to avoid them? Not only would they make short work of everyone including the end boss, you didn't even get XP for their kills.
Another ability that was helpful early on (to push through the resistances of those giant elite orcs) but eventually a tad too powerful for its own good was Poison Weapon.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
DD1 was awesome. Loved the Ultima 7 homage/influence. NPCs had schedules :) Still, you couldn't make bread, and there was no party. And character system could have been better, skills were awesome yes, but I would have also preferred a feat/talent/trait system.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I disliked DD when it came out, but I am not a Diablo style game fan at all. I have been meaning to replay it and own it on GOG. DD2 was pretty good, more challenging than most games of that type and some decent story aspects. Not amazing but fun.

Never played Beyond, though I own that on GOG too.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Started playing DD about three months back. Pretty okay game. Nothing really immersive, but good enough to play in-between other games here and there.

Played it after DD2. Some of my gripes with DD2 was that it was way to short, and the movement felt way too much like an MMO. Can't really remember much else of it, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom