Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

divine divinity questions

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
My last topic I was looking for a game in which I could play a summoner or necromancer. The list became rather big so I needed to pick one. I chose Divine Divinity. Yea...maybe not the best choice for a necro, but still a great game (which I never played,yea shame on me)

I have some question which some of you might be able to awsner.
(please be gentle on the spoilers)

1.) This game consists of difrent acts right? when going to the next act can you go back to the previous one (just like how you went to act 1 rogue camp from the act 2 dessert in Diablo II)

2.) When finishing the game can you take you character to play on a other dififulty mode? or start a new game (much like diablo)

3.) Whats the maximum level in this game

4.) Does any one knows how or if the skill Transfer Powers works? "Summoned creatures gain 10/20/30/40/50 percent of your abilities" Which summon and what abillities?

5.) Which is the best offence spell, (Elemental Strike, Elemental Hail or something else)

6.) is there also life and mana leech on weapons or I'm I stuck on using potions forever.

That be it!
Tnx in advance
:love:

Phelot

Arcane
OracleX said:
1.) This game consists of difrent acts right? when going to the next act can you go back to the previous one (just like how you went to act 1 rogue camp from the act 2 dessert in Diablo II)

Yes, for the most part you can. There is a part in which you are "locked" away for a bit, but later on you can travel once more. The last section, however, locks you in IIRC but by then you would have seen everything anyway.

2.) When finishing the game can you take you character to play on a other dififulty mode? or start a new game (much like diablo)

IIRC, no.

Eh... I don't recall ever hitting a max. I think you just run out of stuff to get XP on.

4.) Does any one knows how or if the skill Transfer Powers works? "Summoned creatures gain 10/20/30/40/50 percent of your abilities" Which summon and what abillities?

5.) Which is the best offence spell, (Elemental Strike, Elemental Hail or something else)

6.) is there also life and mana leech on weapons or I'm I stuck on using potions forever.

Unfortunately, I've never played as a mage, at least not for long so I don't have answers to these. From what I understand, Transfer Power gives a summoned creature a percentage of your statistics. I believe it's a passive power, meaning it does it automatically. Not really worth it from what I've heard.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nope.

3.) Whats the maximum level in this game?
Phelot said:
Eh... I don't recall ever hitting a max. I think you just run out of stuff to get XP on.
Pretty much...one time I killed ALL the monsters in the game except for the boss and my XP was still going up. Also, that's one of the weirdest things in this game: running out of things to kill at the end of the game. (if you explore everything)

4.) Does any one knows how or if the skill Transfer Powers works?
IIRC they don't get much bonuses from Mage stats, so it´s a weak skill if you're going full mage.

IIRC there is no BEST spell, they all get powerfull at high levels and have different uses, like the elemental SStrike is nice since it freezes/slow the enemies and Hail does area damage.

Potions forever, but is nice to keep the challenge, otherwise playing as mage it's too easy.

Good luck, DD is a great game. :salute:

DaveO

Erudite

No acts really in the game. Just roaming between four large maps.

No higher difficulties except thru the options IIRC. A new game may be started at any time.

I don't recall the exact levels I reached when I completed, but I think it's safe to say you'll see at least level 50.

I suspect the summoned creatures are referring to at least the Knight summon. I can't recall other summons from the game.

Freeze, since most monsters aren't immune to it.

Yes, but you have to shop quite a bit to get those properties on weapons.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Pain Spikes is best damage spell since it is physical damage, meaning no immunities/resistances against it. In fact, the most difficult boss is difficult because she uses it against you.

With all other damage spells, you need to spam Curse quite a few times for them to be effective.

Freeze is nice, and especially so since it cannot be resisted if the effect comes from a weapon with the Freeze enchantment.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Liking the game so far! however I must admit exploiting the game by the quick loading the game to salvage the revive spellbook. My character is lv22 now with the max revive skill. I love the fact that this spell also works on mini-bosses. Now I have the king-troll and Raven fighting by my side.

Some spoiler ahead prehaps

On the way back to the healers camp I encounterd the dead dragon rider (named John) who ambushed you in the start of the game. I didn't hesate, cast my revive spell and used Aura of Command. He followed me around. Since my character had alot of skillpoints to waste, I maxed the "know creature" skill to check his info, but he didn't have those. Next I traveled around to find some enemies to see he actually joins the fight. and guess what.... He does!! He is helluva strong too! So strong that I might leave him dead otherwise he might ruin the game for me.

Undead King-troll and Raven are also kicking btw, so far I'm liking the revive spell alot!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Liking the game so far! however I must admit exploiting the game by the quick loading the game to salvage the revive spellbook. My character is lv22 now with the max revive skill. I love the fact that this spell also works on mini-bosses. Now I have the king-troll and Raven fighting by my side.

Some spoiler ahead prehaps

On the way back to the healers camp I encounterd the dead dragon rider (named John) who ambushed you in the start of the game. I didn't hesate, cast my revive spell and used Aura of Command. He followed me around. Since my character had alot of skillpoints to waste, I maxed the "know creature" skill to check his info, but he didn't have those. Next I traveled around to find some enemies to see he actually joins the fight. and guess what.... He does!! He is helluva strong too! So strong that I might leave him dead otherwise he might ruin the game for me.

Undead King-troll and Raven are also kicking btw, so far I'm liking the revive spell alot!

barrakus

Barely Literate
I'm glad you are enjoying this game. It is really quite good, and the Ultima 7 influence gives it a great old school charm.

So sad to see the direction they took the Divnity series, making it full action. I wonder why they did that. To make more money?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Do you still get experience, though, if your followers kill everything?

"Transmute" is a lot of fun to use, as well. Turn those badass dragon riders into frogs, and they're not so tough anymore. :smug:

OracleX

Augur
Patron
abnaxus said:
Do you still get experience, though, if your followers kill everything?

"Transmute" is a lot of fun to use, as well. Turn those badass dragon riders into frogs, and they're not so tough anymore. :smug:
Yea I still get experience, it's less then I would kill myself though.

If you've got the alchemy skill you can make the herbs into potions. Then you can mix red and blue ones together into white ones.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Divine Divinity is a nice little game but nothing more, has more depth to its side quests than Diablo but that's all.
And the number of ways to break the game are innumerable.
Just by the sheer amount of tomes you find around you can have a warrior/mage steamrolling everything, add the usage of the scorpions, a thief gadget, supposedly, and you could just sit and look at the animations.

EDIT:
However it has more C&C than all the new RPGs combined, even if they are little more than aesthetic, for example you could have all the Elfs in the game hate your guts, not gamebreacking tho.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DivDiv isn't a Diablo clone except for the clicky-click combat. It's more of a real isometric RPG with a large world to explore, tons of quests, etc. No such thing as replaying on a higher difficulty level as in Diablo, because it's not a Diablo clone - it's more story-focused than that, and not a "kill stuff get loot" type of game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The comparison with Diablo is made in game by the developers when you free them.
About the loot, how about the gold, with which you can buy all those nifty tomes to upgrade your spells or the charms to use to upgrade your weapons and armors, and getting weapons and armors with the maximum number of slots for charms too.
When I played the game my thief stats were practically the half without equipment.

PS:
Did I already mention that ice weapons are practically a one hit one win?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom