Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity 2 is a piece of shit

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Classic Drog and Lesi itt.

Its not perfect but its Kingdoms of Amalur/ DAI done right.
What kind of LSN nonsense is this?

Frozen

Arcane
Classic Drog and Lesi itt.

Its not perfect but its Kingdoms of Amalur/ DAI done right.
What kind of LSN nonsense is this?

What's the problem?
Its an action RPG h&s and I liked it more than Diablo&clones DAI or Amalur which are all the same genre more or less.
The thing Divinity 2 done right and other mentioned didn't is quest design and no respawn. Its not repetitive and boring at least to me because of it.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The thing Divinity 2 did right was the expansion, which is much better than the base game (and a sequel to it). Pity they couldn't fix the dragon combat at the same time (it only appears - in a rage inducing battle - at the end and not in the expansion itself).

I liked flying as a dragon.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
it's called bloat.

Cause of bloat of damage, health and other shit they need to do stupid shit like in DOS. Funneling someone into linear path according to level isn't problem with lack of scaling but design of the world.
Divinity 2 has bloat. DOS technically has bloat but you can easily overcome it by dicking with the system with teleports, finding non-combat quests, hiding in shadows & teleport pyramid, hiding in shadows and stealing everything.

The thing Divinity 2 did right was the expansion, which is much better than the base game (and a sequel to it). Pity they couldn't fix the dragon combat at the same time (it only appears - in a rage inducing battle - at the end and not in the expansion itself).

Completely and utterly agree.

Though for me it wasn't health bloat that annoyed me in D2 as much as third person (and non-isometric) Diablo combat. Autotargeting, barely any dodging, almost complete dependence on stats. Oh hell, never mind the comparison to Diablo, at least there you could kite. Bloat being a problem was a side effect of having an action-RPG not at all being good at action or being an RPG.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Pity they couldn't fix the dragon combat at the same time (it only appears - in a rage inducing battle - at the end and not in the expansion itself).

Idk, I thought saving the dragon only for that last section and making it superpowered added a lot of 'oomph' that was missing from the base game. I don't remember it being rage inducing, either.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Ended up enjoying Divinity 2 quite a bit. It had some issues, but there was something compelling about it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Did everyone fall for the necro?
Indeed!
I had the last post and was very proud of it. I remember it like it was yesterday...
The funny thing is that I still remember more of Dungeon Lords than I remember Divinity 2. Hm.
Looks like a new poster opened this thread again.

(And strangely says something about reload in E.Y.E. DC. There is no reload in that game.)

Unuson

Barely Literate
Looks like a new poster opened this thread again.

(And strangely says something about reload in E.Y.E. DC. There is no reload in that game.) -Raghar

By reload, I meant that dying in combat didn't cause excessive anger. You had a justifiable reason to why you died, i.e. rushing into enemies. Dying in Divinity 2 has no real penalty nor do you learn anything by it.

I apologize for quoting that wrong, I haven't used a forum for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
What's this about needing good weapons anyway? I beat the game on a bare-handed build.
15668.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Exactly right. Each weapon could support... quite a lot of enchantments with various levels from 1 to 11 or something. One of which was critical chance, so you could end up with a archer doing criticals 40% of the time or a dual wielder doing 50% (or something) (not to mention 900 HP damage per swing).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom