Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Humble Bundle

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hopefully Original Sin redeems them because Larian hasn't made a solid game since DivDiv. The writing is there but the gameplay in DC and Div2 is awful.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Is Beyond Divinity any good ? I still haven't played the other divinity games so I am not in a rush, but it's cheap so ...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The RTS part is shitty and phoned in... even the most ardent fanboys admit that. So that leaves you with a turn based 'macro' strategy game playing with auto-resolve separating Biowarian conversation 'C&C.' You're not playing because of the actual gameplay, you're playing to see the lulzy characters and the wackiness that ensues on marrying an elf over a lizard.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Biowarian conversation 'C&C.'
Uhm, no.

Dragon Commander is a decent game, but the C&C conversations are definitely its highlight (and they DO matter). Strategy board game level is very simple, and RTS battles are repetitive and not very interesting.

Turjan

Arcane
Judging from the videos I have seen, there is a jarring disparity between the detail that went into those scenes with your advisers, generals etc. and the RTS part. Those scenes look cool, the RTS parts look already boring in the video.

Turjan

Arcane
RTS part has many problems, but graphics ain't one.
Maybe, I didn't express myself well. It's about the detail in the art direction. The "roleplaying" scenes are lavishly produced, with much attention to detail in the surroundings. The RTS scenes on the other hand have a relatively high level of abstraction. It somehow doesn't fit each other or, to put it differently, it shows where the stress of the development lay.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Based on the mixed signals here I'd probably be willing to try it at $5 too. IDK though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom