Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

<p>GamesMediaPro <a href="http://gamesmediapro.com/reviews/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga-reviewed/" target="_blank">reviewed</a> Larian Studio's <strong>The Dragon Knight Saga</strong> and rated it 10/10, a rating which is usually reserved for more mainstream games.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>As with the entire series of <em>Divinity </em>titles from <em>Larian Studio&rsquo;s</em> we have welcomed the addition of a new release with open arms. Truly this is one developer who never fails to impress and with the <em>Dragon Knight Saga</em> and the <em>Flames of Vengeance </em>expansion they have done it again! An outstanding blend of traditional role-playing combined with first-rate action and some truly epic locations and backdrops for you to explore. Smooth gaming runs throughout the entire title, with everything from the frame rate to the combat system being handled perfectly. It is a rare commodity in the current trend to find a developer that puts as much thought, effort and content into their titles as <em>Larian so obviously does, </em>but it&rsquo;s so very much worth the wait when you have a game as good as this at the end of it. There was recently another role-playing game that based its storyline on the crowning of a new king. Prophetic almost as there is a new king being crowned in the genre, his name is <em>Larian</em>, all hail!</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101150-divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga-review.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Yeah, a 10/10 is a bit of a stretch but I sure had (and am still having) a great time with DKS - more so than any other game this year. Though I've yet to get to River of Time, which is apparently pretty good also.

EDIT: By 'this year', I obviously meant 'last year' lol.

Black

Arcane
So it's the best rpg since NV or what?
Too bad I almost missed this thread because of all this skyrimjob faggotry.
After replaying MotB I might check Divinity 2: Dragon age out

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Black said:
Too bad I almost missed this thread because of all this skyrimjob faggotry.
After replaying MotB I might check Divinity 2: Dragon age out

Yeah, do it bro - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Play DKS on nightmare difficulty, not that hard but presents a nice challange.

As good as NV was (and I still havn't finished it), I still had more fun with Div2: DKS. It's extremely addictive (in a good way).

It starts off a bit 'meh', but stick with it. Your character's fist 15 lvls or so are gonna be a bit tough (on nightmare) also, but gets easier after that ( not easy, just easier). I'd go with a hybrid build too, (battlemage or even fighter/mage/ranger) it's more fun.
:thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, if you search, there's a couple of more informative threads floating around here....

Black said:

No, I liked it but found it to be an average/ok game with a good sense of humor, a lot of mindless combat and not much of an rpg.

The camera and controls+animations can put a lot of people off at first, but if you've got a stomach for lots of repetitive combat and diablo-style reward mechanisms it might be worth a shot.

DraQ

Arcane
It's a Diablo-like H&S, except with direct controls and some mild platforming elements, but it has excellent sense of humour, looks good, has good atmosphere, awesome soundtrack and is much more of an RPG than most "proper" cRPGs these days.
:love:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I cringe when people call it Diablo-like. It's probably technically true, but I've never been able to play Diablo or any of its clones (Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc) for more than an hour or two without succumbing to terminal boredom, whereas DKS has me by the balls and doesn't seem to be letting go anytime soon.

Other than that, slightly over-enthusiastic review, but the game deserves the praise it's getting. Good job, Larian.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Black said:

No, I liked it but found it to be an average/ok game with a good sense of humor, a lot of mindless combat and not much of an rpg.

The camera and controls+animations can put a lot of people off at first, but if you've got a stomach for lots of repetitive combat and diablo-style reward mechanisms it might be worth a shot.

Bullshit. It's very much an RPG. Lots of C&C, great quest design, different ways to complete quests, hell you can even fail quests. Very little hand-holding, no re-spawning - you die that's it, game over, reload mutherfucker. Good story, nice writing full of humor that's actually quite funny at times - even the voice acting's perfectly acceptable.

Can't find anything to complain about the camera, animations or controls either. In short, It's a damn fine game - one of the best new games I've played for a very long time.

It's not Diablo-like, it just has few elements from Diablo. Stop this bullshit already. Next you will be calling it a Heroes clone because it lets you choose from a list of quest rewards.
Fuck, Gothic games and Risen are more similar to Div 2 than Diablo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom