Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1677168

Kickstarter Update #28 - Play Divinity: Original Sin 2 RIGHT NOW

Hello Kickstarters!
This is a busy week for us, so we'll get right down to it. Waste no time, that's our motto! We shoot from the hip and don't beat about the bush. When there’s something important to say, we’ll going hell for leather to make sure you’r- … what?!

Oh fine, here's Swen with the news:

How to Get Access
That's right, as of RIGHT THIS SECOND, a day before it goes into Early Access, you can play Divinity: Original Sin 2! To get your Steam key, just follow the instructions below.

Warning: This is your key for Early Access AND the full game. If you give this key to anyone else, then they'll get the full game at release.

Warning: The game is currently available on Steam only. If you claim a Steam key now you can NOT swap it for a GOG key later. We expect the game will be available on GOG in October.

To get your Steam key, please:

1. Create an account at/log in to https://www.larianvault.com.

2. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so.

3. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item "Your Choices & Input". In the list of rewards, look for the item "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Download" (for some tiers, this reward will be called "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download").

4. Select Steam. Click OK. Then click the link "Available! Claim now!". This will generate your Steam key.

5. Once you have your key, activate it on Steam as you would any other game (Click "Games" in the toolbar, click "Activate a product on Steam", and follow the instructions given)

6. Wait patiently for the game to download. (Note: Patience optional.)

And if you want to share the good news with your non-backer friends, you can always send them to Steam, where they can add Divinity: Original Sin 2 to their wishlists and purchase the game when it goes live tomorrow!

What is ‘Early Access’ Anyway?
Just to remind you all - this is an early access version of the game. It’s to make sure we’re going down the right path, to let you test a lot of the dialogs and systems that we’re working on.

Early Access includes two sections of the game: Act 1 of the campaign, and the PvP arena.

Act 1 gives you the chance to explore (and escape) Fort Joy, a camp where the Magisters bring Sourcerers to make sure they are not a threat to society, and the surrounding swamps.

The PvP arena is where you can battle your friends (or strangers) online or over LAN. There are a range of maps and two game types to get you going so you can enjoy combat with high-level characters and skills.

We’ll have our notebooks ready, so please let us know what you think on our forums!

Streams
Of course, not everyone will be able to claim their Steam key right now. If you’re not able to get the game just yet, but want to keep the hype as high as possible, then we’ve got you covered.

Over the next three days we’ll be showing off the game with some of our favourite youtubers - kicking off with Angry Joe at 2pm PT (22:00 Berlin / 9pm London). Keep an eye on Twitter andFacebook for more information!

In Conclusion…
Haha! Like you’re still reading this. Seriously, you could be playing the game right now - I seriously doubt you’re doing anything other than yelling at Steam to download the game faster right now. I could write whatever I wanted down here. Wibble wibble potato trampoline. See?

But regardless, we hope you enjoy the game and we can’t wait to hear what you think of it! Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, or on the Larian forums. We’re very excited about the path we’ve been going down, and we can’t wait to finally share the journey with you.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's also a press embargo expiring right now, but I don't think there's any new information. Maybe the projected launch time for all buyers (10am PT / 5pm UTC tomorrow) and the price ($44.99) are new, but otherwise I got nothing.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
its on madafakas
g9IuEHP.jpg

Go to Larianvault.com
create acc with the same email adress you paid with
click on DOS2 kickstarter link
Connect and confirm the email
get keys

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
its on madafakas
g9IuEHP.jpg

Go to Larianvault.com
get keys
I already have an account created with the same email address I've used here. I have no key.

Jinn

Arcane
Installing now! I have to go to goddamn work right now, unfortunately.

I love these guys at Larian. They are one of the best developers around right now.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Angthoron is in charge of Codex key distribution, but he probably thought he had time until tomorrow.

The Watch did their distribution in late August, but to be fair, they also had a lot fewer backers.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
its on madafakas
g9IuEHP.jpg

Go to Larianvault.com
get keys
I already have an account created with the same email address I've used here. I have no key.
rly?
i even got all 4 keys for my Full Party and I didnt have a Lar account

but I did get the confirmation from Ang a day or two ago that its "confirmed" and double checked. Did you get a PM from Ang?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
its on madafakas
g9IuEHP.jpg

Go to Larianvault.com
get keys
rly?
i even got all 4 keys for my Full Party and I didnt have a Lar account

but I did get the confirmation from Ang a day or two ago that its "confirmed" and double checked. Did you get a PM from Ang?
Nope, not yet. I guess you're luckier than me.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Watch still hasn't noticed that the game is live. Somebody could go over there and tell them.

DraQ

Arcane
PWas Oblivion a better game because it had day/night cycles? Fuck no.
Funny that you mention it, but Oblivion was actually a much better game precisely because of that.
Of course "much better" still meant abysmal in this context, so it didn't really help, but that was about the only feature in game that more or less worked as advertised, was an improvement over Morrowind and even injected a little bit of sickly, fading life into the unsalvageable gameplay.

That said, while I generally do enjoy day/night cycles in games, the butthurt ITT is completely lost on me.
Day/night cycles are curious beasts that generally fall somewhere beyond two extremes:
  • Purely cosmetic lighting/sound/music change
  • In-depth implementation befitting a living world
The latter can be very rewarding and open a lot of interesting gameplay opportunities, but the catch is that it's an all or nothing feature - once you decide to have it, you have to live with it and it touches pretty much every part of the game - every NPC now needs a schedule, which needs to be designed, implemented and tested, npcs that have scripted interactions now also need testing of how their schedules interact with each other, especially when additionally perturbed, now quests also need additional scripting and testing to account for all sorts of things - suddenly you have a huge amount of snowballing complexity on your hands and it all depends on how prepared you are to try and fail at tackling it.

The former is easy to implement, but that's deceptive. Even cosmetic things have gameplay impact - players may prefer day or night for ambience or practical reasons (like seeing details or hidden items better, or exploiting the tell-tale glow of distant lightsources when it's dark) so they will want a wait function, which is non-obvious to implement in a coop game and, as it was already mentioned, it won't let you fine tune the ambience to the degree it's possible otherwise.

All in all I think day/night cycles are only obviously beneficial in massively open world games, otherwise it's not at all obvious if they are desirable and if they are, their impact is small.

imweasel

Downloading. Gonna postpone bedtime for this gem.

:fuuyeah:

Swen is such a bro. This is a nice treat for us backers. :D

V_K

Arcane
All in all I think day/night cycles are only obviously beneficial in massively open world games, otherwise it's not at all obvious if they are desirable and if they are, their impact is small.
Not true, Quest for Glory, especially the 4th part, worked wonders with the mechanic.

Cnaiur

Augur
PVP mode, crushed a poor soul. From the way he tried to hide from my Rogue I have to conclude: has to be from the 'Watch. Thanks for enabling us Swen.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, so when they say "Thursday" they mean "Right after CET midnight", alright.

Sent PMs to everyone regarding how your stuff should be claimed. Most people should have their stuff assigned to them, if there are problems, let me know.

TL;DR:

Create an account at/log in to https://www.larianvault.com. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item ""Your Choices & Input"". In the list of rewards, look for the item ""Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Download"" (for some tiers, this reward will be called ""Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download""). Select Steam. Click OK. Then click the link ""Available! Claim now!"". This will generate your Steam key."

You'll need to use either your PayPal-associated e-mail, or, if I sent you a PM, an alternative e-mail as your "associated e-mail".

That's about it. A couple of late stragglers that didn't send me alternative emails should likely get handled tomorrow, once Larian folks are back to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom