Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sòren

Arcane
thanks for the info!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CyXZW15XEAA9oqU.png

T'was a night in deep winter and all through the land,
People on Facebook got a hint of what's planned...

According to Facebook/Twitter comments, this teaser is not about Act 2 content (which will come with full release).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CyXZW15XEAA9oqU.png

T'was a night in deep winter and all through the land,
People on Facebook got a hint of what's planned...

According to Facebook/Twitter comments, this teaser is not about Act 2 content (which will come with full release).

Eh: http://www.divinity.game/newsposts/2016/11/30/the-advent-calendar-is-coming

The Advent Calendar is Coming!

Welcome to Larian's festive giveaway! From the 1st to the 25th of December we'll be running our own little advent calendar... Kinda. This is no simple "click to open the door and get a prize" advent calendar. Have you seen our games? We'd never make it that easy!

We've searched through our vaults and found a "living picture", which will progress a little more every day. And every day (starting tomorrow) a different three digit number will sneak into the shot. All you have to do is find the number hiding somewhere in the image and enter it as a password to unlock exclusive Divinity: Original Sin 2 digital swag!

We'll have new goodies for you every day until the 25th December, but each download is only available for 24 hours. Once we hit midnight (Pacific Time) that day's reward is gone forever!

Of course, it's not all digital fun. Keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter where, on random days, we'll be giving out hardware prizes from our friends at ROCCAT too!

We'll see you tomorrow, when the first number will sneak into the picture and the first giveaway will kick off.

CyhjnNBWIAAwXgX.jpg

Aenra

Sacred82 why exactly do you find it retarded?

Prize competitions that do not affect the actual product (in which case i'd grant you, unfair at the very least) can be fun, engaging and as such a positive step; community building, extra visibility, etc. I see nothing problematic in that, on the contrary.
Do you perhaps deem them childish and thus view them as retarded? Because to me, retarded is only the adult who is incapable of grasping when an event is targetted at other/younger people.

So again, enlighten us with your deep thoughts if you will.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I don't buy into their marketing bullshit. Feel free to find it awesome.

Should have seen it coming that nothing worthwhile to do with the actual game would be revealed on Facebook.

Aenra

I don't buy into their marketing bullshit. Feel free to find it awesome

Is that what i said? No.
But it -is- all you could reply with, isn't it?

Nothing personal, you're not the only retard; i just think it's essential to occasionally ASK the posters for some insight. The things that come out.. you know?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I don't buy into their marketing bullshit. Feel free to find it awesome

Is that what i said? No.
But it -is- all you could reply with, isn't it?

Nothing personal, you're not the only retard; i just think it's essential to occasionally ASK the posters for some insight. The things that come out.. you know?

:lol:

Are you just a retard or also a Larian fanboy? I know the line is thin.

Playing social media shit games for "digital swag" (possibly ingame items) isn't worth any thinking person's time, young or old.

Can we have an advertising plant button for this idiot?

Aenra

Since others are reading too, i will reply this one last time;

Am not a Larian "fanboy", no, sorry to break it to you.
One, am too old to think in such stupid, superficial, angst-y kind of way. You appear to however, as i could have thought of other ways to broach the matter of impartiality without stooping to teenager wording.
Two, if you had the patience or inclination, you might have noticed that most (if not all) of my recent posts in Larian-related threads have to do with complaints i have from them or with issues i've found in their previous titles that will remain unchanged in D:OS II.

Now that we have that out of the way, why don't we focus on how you've managed to exceed yourself by being even more of a retard in your second post:
This is an industry. Part of what this entails is marketing; period. If you don't like it, you'd better come up with a way to ensure maximum visibility with minimum cost first. Oh right, that's what marketing is, isn't it!?:)
As to whether it's worth anyone's time, not for you or me to decide. What -is- for us to decide is whether:
1) said way of marketing affects the final product (it doesn't) ((this includes waste of resources, which we don't have here))
2) said way of marketing affects or may affect the rest of the industry in a negative manner (it doesn't)

And now that we've got that covered too, a word of advice. You will always remain as dumb as you are now; no way to increase IQ. What you -can- improve upon is the way you deal with this impairment of yours. Confrontation is hardly the answer.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.divinity.game/christmas

Welcome to our advent calendar! Well, it's less a calendar, and more a living picture. Every day it changes just a little bit, and every day a new number sneaks into the scene.

All you have to do is find the three digit number hiding somewhere in the picture! Once you have it, click here to unlock exclusive Divinity: Original Sin 2 digital swag.

We've got new goodies for you every day until the 25th December, but each download is only available for 24 hours. Remember to check back again tomorrow, because once we hit midnight (Pacific Time) today's reward is gone forever!

Remember, you have until midnight (Pacific Time) to claim today's prize and then it's gone.

Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what new surprises we have for you, and keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter where, on random days, we'll be giving out hardware prizes from our friends at ROCCAT!

And the reward is...
Red Prince wallpaper for your phone

Well, I won't post this everyday unless there's something worth to.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
As to whether it's worth anyone's time, not for you or me to decide. What -is- for us to decide is whether:
1) said way of marketing affects the final product (it doesn't) ((this includes waste of resources, which we don't have here))
2) said way of marketing affects or may affect the rest of the industry in a negative manner (it doesn't

since you are not only a retard, but a nitpicking retard:

I rated the first post about this social media bullshit retarded, because that's what it is. As in, a way to further reduce critical thinking ability in Larian fanboys while stamping the brand even deeper into their cortex. This is manipulation of the retarded by means of the retarded.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
KS update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1749877

Kickstarter Update #32 - Meet our New Stats System

You kick the tomb door open, sending it flying off its hinges. Ha! And the rest of the party said you were an idiot for putting all of your points into strength…

Your eyes fall upon the chest standing in the middle of the room. Its lock is ancient, but solid. Even so, it only takes a few blows from your fists before the wood cracks, snaps, and your hand smashes through the lid. "Pfft. Rogues," you mutter. "Who needs 'em?"

You toss aside the broken wand (magic is for wusses, and you don’t have the memory for it), the broken bow (who needs finesse anyway? Useless attribute), and scoop up the jewels within.

You shoulder your huge backpack with ease and stomp towards the door, ignoring the dust, cobwebs, and the pressure plate right in front of you. You don't even notice the the click as the trap door opens and you plunge into the darkness of the pit below. After a few minutes the dust settles, and cautious skulls start to peek over the edge. "Not very perceptive, eh?" one chortles. "Should've put some points in Wits..."

The silhouette of an undead necromancer appears above you, its empty eyes crackling with power. It draws back a hand, ready to bring a hail of death down on you, and screams-

Welcome to Kickstarter Update #32!

Today we’re celebrating the launch of our second major patch to the Early Access version currently available on Steam and GOG. As ever, Swen has the details.

Patchnotes
Just like before, we’d like to remind you that playing on the latest patch will invalidate your current saved games. If that’s an issue, there’s a handy guide on how to play the older version of the game on our Patchnotes page.

As Swen discussed in the video, this patch has seen some major changes to how attribute points work. We wanted a system where you felt every point that you put into an attribute like strength, intelligence, or wits, so we tore down what was there before, tried a bunch of different prototypes, and rebuilt the whole thing from scratch. Now your attributes will be a much stronger influence on how you build your character, and how you play the game.

Every time you put a point into an attribute, we want you to be able to able to feel your character getting stronger/tougher/faster/smarter, so we’ve tied the attributes more closely to the gameplay. You’ll have to consider how your stats will affect the damage you do, how well you dodge, what armour bonuses you’ll get, how much vitality you have, how it’ll affect your memory slots, and how you’ll perform in combat.

Your primary attributes now form the foundation upon which your character will grow and develop throughout the game, rather than something you spend 2 minutes on and then forget about. We think the system is a big improvement on what was there before and we can’t wait to hear what you think in our forums.

Of course that’s just the start of what we’ve been doing! We’ve also refined the arena lobbies to streamline your experience, we’ve improved combat visuals, we’ve balanced the fights better, we’re changed weapons, changed talents, changed combat abilities, and so, so much more.

If you’d like to see the complete list of all 150-something improvements, additions and fixes, just click here.

Larian needs you!
Are you a budding Sourcerer? Can you tell Zandalor from Arhu? Bellegar from a Cheesemonger? The weresheep from a killer bunny? Then you might be just the person we’re looking for!

2017 is going to be a crazy year for us, and we’ll be hitting the ground running with two big conventions: PAX South (Jan 27th-29th) and PAX East (Mar 10th-12th). We’ll be showcasing Divinity: Original Sin 2’s PvP and campaign modes to Divinity fans, RPG fans, and- well, any other fans we can get our hands on! (Never mind their boyfriends, girlfriends, best friends, minor acquaintances, parents, children, and Nick the Janitor if we get a chance.)

But we can’t do it alone. We’re putting out a call for people to help us man our booths in San Antonio and Boston to ensure everyone who drops by has an awesome experience. So if you’ve ever wanted to be part of Team Larian, or just to get a behind-the-scenes look at how events like PAX are run, this is your chance!

Volunteers will help us run our booth, organise lunches, manage the queue of players, direct press toward the dev team, and occasionally dance in the aisles for our entertainment.

Volunteering for the Larian booth is a great way to meet some of the dev team, share the fans’ excitement, and see PAX from an exhibitor’s point of view. You’ll also get a three day pass, and you'll have some time to explore the PAX floor when you’re not manning the booth.

We’re looking for fun-loving, energetic and sociable fans who love our game as much as we do.

If you’re interesting with volunteering with us, just fill out the form here.

(Please note that while we are happy to supply all volunteers with passes, and feed you on the days you’re working with us, we cannot cover travel or accommodation costs.)

Larian’s Very Own Advent Calendar!
We’re as excited as anyone for the holiday season, so to get ourselves in the mood we’ll be publishing an advent calendar from the 1st - 25th of December. Although maybe “Advent Calendar” isn’t quite the right word. Because you’re not opening doors, and you’re not getting any chocolate. Instead, you’ll be watching a picture evolve over the course of December, trying to hunt down the codes that will let you download daily digital Divinity goodies, and maybe even winning spot hardware prizes from our friends at Roccat.

Just head over to Facebook or Twitter for more details.

A New Home in St. Petersburg
Our St. Petersburg Office has found itself new digs! We were starting to outgrow the old office, and we’re hoping to take on even more staff in Russia (see our jobs page for more details), so we’ve moved to a historical quarter of this great city, right by the Moyka River, with a view of more stunning church domes than you can shake a sceptre at.

And Finally…

Before we sign off today, we want to roar ‘CONGRATULATIONS!’ to David Walgrave, one of our producers, who became a Dad in the last month! We’d like to think that his experience of crunches in Larian Studios has prepared him for many sleepless nights and lots of screaming, but we expect nothing quite prepares you for that adventure. All the best, David!

Congrats, ForkTong :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"2017 is going to be a crazy year for us, and we’ll be hitting the ground running with two big conventions: PAX South (Jan 27th-29th) and PAX East (Mar 10th-12th)."
So no chance of the game releasing before march. A real shame...
I really shouldn't be surprised it won't be released in first half of 2017 but still...

Cx4eX3_WgAARH8s.jpg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Primary Attributes overhaul

- Strength now provides 5% damage bonus and 2% Physical Armour bonus per point
- Finesse now provides 5% damage bonus and 1% Dodging per point
- Intelligence now provides 5% damage bonus and 2% Magic Armour bonus per point
- Characters now have a base amount of vitality that grows with levels
- Constitution now provides 7% vitality bonus
- Characters now start with 3 Memory Slots and receive 1 free Memory Slot every 2 levels
- Memory attribute now provides 1 Memory Slot per point
- Wits now provides 1% Critical Chance and 1 Initiative per point
- Vitality, armour and damage numbers start from lower values, but grow faster each level

They've seem to have gone with the D&D approach to char development. I like it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In the video, David Walgrave says they're putting in some hand-placed loot at the beginning of the game. Not a lot in the current version, though.

SniperHF

Arcane
Primary Attributes overhaul

- Strength now provides 5% damage bonus and 2% Physical Armour bonus per point
- Finesse now provides 5% damage bonus and 1% Dodging per point
- Intelligence now provides 5% damage bonus and 2% Magic Armour bonus per point
- Characters now have a base amount of vitality that grows with levels
- Constitution now provides 7% vitality bonus
- Characters now start with 3 Memory Slots and receive 1 free Memory Slot every 2 levels
- Memory attribute now provides 1 Memory Slot per point
- Wits now provides 1% Critical Chance and 1 Initiative per point
- Vitality, armour and damage numbers start from lower values, but grow faster each level

They've seem to have gone with the D&D approach to char development. I like it.

I'll have to dig into it this weekend, but the one thing I'm not really a fan of on paper is how frequent you get automatic memory increases. They should stretch it out to every 3 or even 4 levels and perhaps offer a bonus instead for every 3 points invested or something. The last thing D:OS needed was more bonuses just on level up for free.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
What the diff to before? Looks like a doubling of the effects?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom