Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Metagaming Thread

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Which, by the way, makes the elven racial even more insane
im not too convinced on awesomeness of elven racial. CON penalty scales with level. End game it was stealing 4k out of my 16k hp.

Now that Ive finished the game im very sad at the usage of elements by enemies. Vast majority will be poison or fire. Most that are not will appear on first island.
Then everything will be cursed fire...

For that reason powergaming option would be undead lizard with demon trait?
Spend some points in con to compensate, if it bothers you. The extra damage output and flexibility from the AP and the prospect of creating free blood surfaces (replaces whatever's at your feet, to boot) easily outclasses any extra investment you feel you need to do, anyway. How much Con do you lose at lvl ~20?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Unless you boost Wits, I see no way to get a reliable critrate, and if you're looking for damage as a wizard, you're likely better off putting your points in Pyro than fucking Scoundrel.

I can see a critmage build working, but not as a very effective solo build. Mind you, I haven't tried (and I likely will never solo), so I could be wrong. If I built a critmage, I'd go Wits/Int Pyro with a lot of Scoundrel, but you'd fuck your versatility something fierce.

John Keel

Savant
You don't need versatility when you can Flesh sacrifice || TimeWarp -> gap closer into surface/creating one -> The pawn -> Apo + elemental affinity -> Adre -> Burn the map so hard vets 10K miles away from you gets nam flashback

:timetoburn:

Israfael

Arcane
What was your crit chance for spells? If it wont work for me Id probably boost retaliation...
There're amulets with 3 sockets, you can slot them with 12% crit chance runes (fire + power), so you'll have around 42-50% crit in total. Plays like a fire mage in WoW when it was nerfed to hell - sometimes you destroy everything with one volley of meteor storm, other times you do squat (I had Braccus at either 2300 MA or 7800 MA on a good / bad attempt).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Fun fact: Grenades (and presumably special arrows, too) work with the Far Out Man Talent.

This means that Grenades with Slingshot and Far Out Man have a range of a cool 20m, which is farther than anyone can shoot an arrow in the game, since practically all ranges in the game are 13m (wands, staffs, crossbows, bows, special arrows, grenades, most skills - all of them have 13m range).

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've decided to build my team like this

IFAN (ME): Warfare and Polymorph
FANE: Necromancy and Pyrokinetic
LOHSE: Huntsman and Hydrosophist
SEBILLE: Scoundrel and ?

And that's kind of where I'm stuck. Still only a few hours in but this is what I think I want, but I'm not sure what to give Sebille to compliment Scoundrel. Any ideas?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom