Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1925878

48 hours left to give us your details!

Hello once more!

Sunday is fast approaching and with it, the deadline for submitting your details for all your kickstarter rewards. We need your information (including your missive subject, your portrait and delivery address) by July 2nd otherwise we will not be able to deliver your backer reward to you.

If you submitted your data back when the Kickstarter first finished, please login and check all details are correct and accounted for. You can login at larianvault.com and easily check your reward status and details.

How do you give us your info? Simply follow these steps:

1. Create an account at/log in to https://www.larianvault.com.

2. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so.

3. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item "Your Choices & Input". In the list of rewards, complete all boxes and choices that are available and required.

4. To enter your shipping address, click on the menu item “Your Account”. Then fill out your full postal address and click save.

Need help? To check if you already have an account on Larian Vault, please search your email inbox (and maybe your spam folder) for an email sent by support@larian.com

Alternatively, if you forgot your password for the Larian Vault, or you don't know what email address you have used to register on the Larian Vault before, please go to this URL and fill in your email address: https://www.larianvault.com/forgotpassword.php

That’s it. Thank you for taking the time to do this and once again, thank you for backing!

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I liked the guy who said "Haver of the beautifully shaped shoulders!"

They should bring him back.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.divinity.game/newsposts/2017/7/7/were-looking-for-gamers-to-play-divinity-original-sin-ii

We're looking for gamers to play Divinity: Original Sin II!

Larian Studios is Looking for Gamers to Play Divinity: Original Sin II!

We’re looking for players in the cities of Gent, Quebec City and St. Petersburg to play test Divinity: Original Sin II between July 31st and August 4th! Not only will you get to play the full game before everyone else, but all play testers will receive a signed Collector’s Edition of DOS2, a hoodie and their name in the credits of the game!

Qualifications:
- Must be able to get to one of our three offices with your own transportation for a week.
- Must be available to play during the following hours:
- Gent: 10:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
- Quebec City: 9:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
- St. Petersburg: 10:00 a.m – 17:00 p.m.
- Must be willing to play a ton of D:OS2!

If interested, please email the appropriate email address with a bit about yourself, including any previous Larian Studios games you have played.
- Gent: playtest@larian.com
- Quebec City: playtest_quebec@larian.com
- St. Petersburg: playtest_spb@larian.com

JasonNH

Augur
So basically a signed $100 Kickstarter package in exchange for 35-40 hours of temp QA work, which translates to $2.5 - 2.85/hr. Smooth, Swen, very smooth. :salute: :lol:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Seriously, world is full of fucking morons. Beta test our game, for free, and you have to come to us. Your reward will be playing a gimpy broken version of the game you could just play properly in a couple of months.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Someone said VR?: https://steamdb.info/app/435150/history/?changeid=3176293

• branches/larian-vr/timeupdated: 1499768664 (July 11, 2017 – 10:24:24 UTC) (+2)
  • branches/larian-vr/pwdrequired: 1
  • branches/larian-vr/description: vr
  • branches/larian-vr/buildid: 1937893
  • 435151/encryptedmanifests/larian-vr/encrypted_size_2: 5B33F269FA760E4D7461A222469FFD1E
  • 435151/encryptedmanifests/larian-vr/encrypted_gid_2: 73A1F88B4D93399B53EFDEC182D6018F

Doing real VR support this time?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, if they're funded by Oculus like inXile it would be less waste of money. Then again, I think Dragon Commander is more suitable for VR, in many ways.

Jezal_k23

This might have been asked already, but given how much emphasis they're putting on coop (even more than in DOS cause 4 players), is this still satisfying to play on your own?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I heard that the dialogues in this game are as just as flavourless as the railroaded answers in Fallout 4

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The demo doesn't have much dialogues, but they certainly have flavour. Especially if you pick trait which allows you to talk to animals.

JasonNH

Augur
For any of you aspiring modders of the game:

Larian is looking for help from modders!

Larian Studios is looking for seasoned modders to test out our pre-release version of the editor!

We'd like to work out the final kinks in our improved D:OS2 editor. For this reason, we are looking for seasoned modders, who have preferably already used the previous version. We would be immensely grateful and hope this will help provide a smooth launch for the modding community!

Preferred qualifications:
  • Having made popular mods for D:OS or D:OS EE is a plus
  • Having worked with other game editors
  • Having created popular mods for other games
  • Experience with other scripting languages
  • Experience with the steam workshop
  • Have to be available for about one week this summer
    Exact timing can be discussed (somewhere between 24/07 and 21/08)

What we are offering:
  • Travel and lodging costs paid for by us (to our studio in Gent, Belgium)
  • Signed collector's edition of D:OS2, hoodie, name in the credits

If interested, send a mail to modding@larian.com with the following information:
  • Name
  • larian forum handle / steam forum handle (if applicable)
  • your experience with modding
  • When you are available

Most likely for the European bros as I don't think they'll be keen on flying people from all over the continent.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Larian Studios is Looking for a German Gamer with a background in linguistics!
July 14, 2017

To ensure our German translation of Divinity: Original Sin II is as good as our player base is expecting it to be, we are looking for a German native speaker who is also fluent in English. We would love to put the German localisation through its paces and check for inconsistencies.

Preferred qualifications:
  • Linguistics student (German native speaker + fluent in English)

• Loves (C)RPG Games

• Having played D:OS Enhanced Edition or D:OS2 Early Access is a plus

• Fast learner and technical skills are a plus

• Available for at least three weeks this summer

• Exact timing to be discussed (somewhere between 24/07 and 21/08)
What we are offering:
  • Temporary paid contract during the summer

• Travel and lodging costs near our studio in Gent, Belgium. Paid by us for the duration of the contract
If you are interested, send a mail to loca@larian.com with the following information:
  • Name

• Motivational letter

• When you are available
We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Odd that they are looking for 'lingustics' students, I don't think it means what they think it means. Then again, maybe my own command of language is imperfect here but I consider lingustics a specific subset of studying a language and one I don't think would help them much for correcting translations, so they are probably simply looking for people with 'a background in languages', or, more simply, people who study English (and are native Germans).

Fry

Arcane
Yeah, academic linguistics has zero to do with translation. It's the study of language development.

I think they meant to say "language student".

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Perhaps they wanted someone who can speak German really well. WTF they mean by student? 9/10 of them would do pretty sloppy work. They'd need a German bookworm, preferably long term unemployed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
In my country the study of language the way they describe it is "philology". I know in English the meaning is kinda different, but that's what we call it. To teach German, for example, you need a degree in German philology.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom