Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
gitgud and/or stack fireresist

also nice picture
Well, duh! But if you are going into a battle with pre-combat knowledge like that, I find that you can as well go all in with your preparations.
It is unsatisfying either way, IMO.

At least the death fog was funny :lol:

Sjukob

Arcane
Nameless Isle was f*cking great. Plot twist kinda meh, but the area itself was fun. Also, I wonder what happens if
Your main characters dies and the battle initiates anyway .

I'd also say it's Red Prince who's the "brah", but I'm playing Beast as PC, so I dunno what he's like on his own.
Yeah ... about that

RP: Hey dude you're kinda cool , can you be my personal ass wiper ?
MC: Why don't you ask one of magisters to lick your butthole ?
RP: Oh how rude of you , fuck off !

RP: Hey dude , I think it would be enough for you to read me a tale before I go to bed ... Can we be friends now ? I have connections in a furry infested shithole we are never going to visit anyway .
MC: K'

RP: Hey look , this is one of my best buddies over there !
MC: What are you going to do ?
RP: Smoke weed of course .
MC: Can I have some ?
RP: No fuck you !

RP: Listen ! I'm an actual dragon ! Did you know that you dumbshits ?! I also gotta bang that chick 100 metres away from here , so get my fucking throne ready and carry me over there now !
MC: This is an obvious set up .
RP: Whatever dude , I'm horny .

MC: Here's your fucking chick , I hope she got AIDS so you can finaly fucking die !
RP: Oh I'm sure gonna do some fucking .
*Proceeds to bang the chick* it turns out to be a trap just as expected . The chick disappears and you are forced to engage in homosexual intercourse with a group of drug addicted furries .

RP: That pussy was like the best thing in the world dude ! Though I tasted some dick after , but we gotta find her you know .
MC: I think you were a virgin before meeting her .
RP: Nah , I was fucking succubus for almost a year before that , she almost bit my dick off .
MC: You never learn .
RP: I am a fucking unicorn dragon !

SP: So you - prick , I mean prince . I wanted to tell you something , although you are retarded , your mom never liked you , but princess is in another castle , so please ...
RP: Too much reading , I'm off to become a god now !
MC: ...

MC: Alright , here's your pathetic virgin dream you are after .
RP: Thanks dude , how about you become my personal bitch while I ...
RC: Red Prince desu , I forgot to wear my pants today , I also have a "Nuke the entire world" button , right ... there .
MC: Hey prick , this seems like a bad idea .
RP: What the fuck dude ?! I KILL YOU NOW !

MC stands for main character , RP - red prick , SP - shadow prince and RC for red cunt obviously .

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No results found for "MC stands for main character , RP - red prick , SP - shadow prince and RC for red cunt obviously".
I tried to find the text about SP... And Google failed. Again.

Israfael

Arcane
Not sure if he casted anything, he just jumped in for me and killed the preacher guy (didn't bother healing him). He's actually easy to control, one of his armors is kind of low. If you charm him, he'll easily kill one or two necromancers before it falls of.

Tigranes

Arcane
whoever said lohse is 'sexy' is really really desperate

Linder kemm fight is eminently beatable esp. If you are level 19, but it is fucking annoying because the turn order gets bugged. I had a case where enemy B takes turn, i chicken enemy A to start, kemm shows up... and then its enemy A who somehow loses chicken (as if he took 2 turns), then kemm goes, then enemy B goes again, and then everybody else goes...? I tried changing what I do e.g. summoning an oil blob and that shiffs everything again tp a differently bugged sequence. Awful.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Your main characters dies and the battle initiates anyway.
That's quite boring.

MC stands for main character , RP - red prick , SP - shadow prince and RC for red cunt obviously .
Experiences differ, I guess. He did cause me to roll my eyes a few times at the start, but since then my MC (Beast) and him hit it off quite nicely.

Why settle for Lohse when the game's filled with stacked femdorfs?
Guess I wanted something more traditional after the experience with Fane. Without the mask on, mind you. I don't even know how that works, if at all.

DraQ

Arcane
Also, credit where credit is due - I now know TWO games where developers have been lucid enough to not put mammaries on female reptilefolk.
:salute: :incline:
And how many games did?
How many games even have playable reptilefolk?

Wiz 8 had bewbed lizard and dragon people.
So did all TES games other than Morrowind.

So far I can only list DoS2 and Morrowind on the "lizards without bewbs" list.
Citation needed. Where in W8 lizards/dracons have tits ? They are only playable characters and those afaik you can only see in inventory screen (plus the talking heads of curse but those are irrelevant for the subject of tits). I just checked W8 to refresh my memory.
Female Dracon = no tits at all.
Female Lizardman = it's not completely clear, there are somewhat tit-like bulges on the upper chest but not very tit-like shaped and of curse no nipples.
Overall i'd say Wizardry 8 didn't do that bad as you implied.
6826m8tob7mk1i16g.jpg

If that's not bad, I don't know what is.

Female dracons are somewhat ambiguous, but I would say that if more clearly reptilian lizardmen have boobs, then dracons are a safe bet as well.

And it's hardly surprising that things like nipples, dongs, etc. are not represented.

What's the consensus on the new Physical/magic armor shit? Am I in the minority thinking it's decline shit? Makes spellsword feel shittier imo,(No point in shooting a spell off to have it sizzle on the armor when you can just slap an enemy with another melee attack after charging them) a lot of effect abilities are barely worth using by the time you get through all the defenses, since enemy is already vulnerable enough to kill usually.
Racial like the Dwarfs petrify are worthless on a warrior, since magic def just sucks up the effect and you won't do damage to it otherwise.
Also funny that there are traps and things with poison and fire and shock lol, you can just walk right through them without getting any effects/damage due to the magic armor.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the consensus on the new Physical/magic armor shit? Am I in the minority thinking it's decline shit? Makes spellsword feel shittier imo,(No point in shooting a spell off to have it sizzle on the armor when you can just slap an enemy with another melee attack after charging them) a lot of effect abilities are barely worth using by the time you get through all the defenses, since enemy is already vulnerable enough to kill usually.
Racial like the Dwarfs petrify are worthless on a warrior, since magic def just sucks up the effect and you won't do damage to it otherwise.
Also funny that there are traps and things with poison and fire and shock lol, you can just walk right through them without getting any effects/damage due to the magic armor.
amor and hard CC are crap

Black

Arcane
I find it to be decline as well, it's super binary, either you have arrmor and are invulnerable to 99% of CCs or your armor is down and you get CC'd 24/7.
Why don't attributes have anything to do with CC resistance?

Ruchy

Scholar
Stat based saving throws would have fixed this, of course then because of the amount of cc thrown around it would be a mandatory stat for nearly all characters. I think having diminishing returns on cc abilities would have been a better approach but I imagine that would itself invite a slew of new issues with ability juggling. I guess I don't hate the armour system but I don't really like it either.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Also, credit where credit is due - I now know TWO games where developers have been lucid enough to not put mammaries on female reptilefolk.
:salute: :incline:
And how many games did?
How many games even have playable reptilefolk?

Wiz 8 had bewbed lizard and dragon people.
So did all TES games other than Morrowind.

So far I can only list DoS2 and Morrowind on the "lizards without bewbs" list.
Citation needed. Where in W8 lizards/dracons have tits ? They are only playable characters and those afaik you can only see in inventory screen (plus the talking heads of curse but those are irrelevant for the subject of tits). I just checked W8 to refresh my memory.
Female Dracon = no tits at all.
Female Lizardman = it's not completely clear, there are somewhat tit-like bulges on the upper chest but not very tit-like shaped and of curse no nipples.
Overall i'd say Wizardry 8 didn't do that bad as you implied.
6826m8tob7mk1i16g.jpg

If that's not bad, I don't know what is.

Female dracons are somewhat ambiguous, but I would say that if more clearly reptilian lizardmen have boobs, then dracons are a safe bet as well.

And it's hardly surprising that things like nipples, dongs, etc. are not represented.
I don't care about "safe bets" (LOL), nothing ambiguous about it either. They just don't. This is a fact and i'll link one of those nasty fellows (both fact and draconian) below:
zarax.jpg

See, or rather, don't see (boobs) ?
As to lizardman - yea, they have boob-like stuff, although those are some very ugly boobs.
In short, it's 50/50 - so "not as bad as you implied". You belittled and defamed Dracons in W8 - being a DraQ yourself it's inexcusable.

Black

Arcane
Stat based saving throws would have fixed this, of course then because of the amount of cc thrown around it would be a mandatory stat for nearly all characters. I think having diminishing returns on cc abilities would have been a better approach but I imagine that would itself invite a slew of new issues with ability juggling. I guess I don't hate the armour system but I don't really like it either.
No, I don't mean one stat responsible for saving throws. I mean wits/finesse for some, memory/int for some and str/con for some.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's "closing in on 1m units": http://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/succe...ity-original-sin-2-is-closing-in-on-1m-units/

Interview itself is a usual thing (how sales exceeded his optimistic expectation, how complex this game is, how KS and EA helped the development and marketing, etc.) and there are vague hints about the future ("We're going to continue making RPGs and improve our craft", "There’s still a lot we can do better and we killed a lot of darlings while making D:OS 2. Some of these deserve a second chance.")

Just over a month after launch, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is closing in on 1m units

It’s been just over a month since Larian’s RPG title Divinity: Original Sin 2 finally released out of Early Access, and thus far things seem to be going pretty well for the project.

The title debuted in second place in the Steam Top Ten - which is effectively the new No.1 given Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds dominance of the top spot - and sold half a million units in its first few days on shelves. For context, it took its predecessor two or three months to hit this sales milestone.

Now four weeks after launch, the game is closing in on one million units. Not bad for a genre that was supposed to be rather niche until recently.

“[It’s going] better than expected, and I'm an optimist,” Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke says.

“We poured a lot into it so its very rewarding to see the acclaim from fans, critics, our friends and our community. We’re getting closer and closer to one million units in sales and that is a significant number.”

He continues: “Our expectations were, understandably, that DOS 2 would be better than the first, and to hopefully score better, which would, in turn, promote greater sales. But you never know in this industry. To be honest, when I saw what titles were going to release this year, I started to get very nervous.”

Prior to its final release, Divinity: Original Sin 2 had been in Early Access for about a year; prior to that, the game had been Kickstarted.

“We couldn’t have turned it into the game it is without the Early Access, and Kickstarter, community,” Vincke says.

“The promise of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is that players get the freedom to break it, but also the guarantee that even if they break it, they will still be able to continue to play. To get that right takes a lot of player feedback and iteration. Early Access provides a perfect platform for this. Gamers get access to a large community that can give them plenty of feedback as well as the financing you need to fund the iterations.”

As well as being a useful tool for getting player feedback, Vincke says that Early Access worked wonders as a means of exposure for Divinity: Original Sin 2.

“We gained a lot of word of mouth from it,” he explains.

“A lot of players were already familiar with what we were trying to do when the game released and that almost guaranteed that the right message about the game was being spread. People knew what Divinity: Original Sin 2 was (and what it wasn’t.”

This was important given the sheer number of games launching on any given day right now.

“Word of mouth is still one of the most important things,” Vincke explains.

“Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a CRPG on PC that launched successfully in a launch window that was marked by many high profile releases with vastly higher marketing budgets and represents a genre which many label as too complex for the average player. But people had fun with it and they talked about it. That got other people to give it a go.”

Given how open Divinity: Original Sin 2 is, Vincke believes that it appeals to a number of different audiences.

“There's a lot of content, and very special attention has been paid to freedom and narrative,” he says.

“We're talking over one million words, and over 100 hours of recorded voice. There's always a feeling that anything could happen, with so many consequences often impossible to predict, and many ways to solve problems, combat, and puzzles. In many ways it's a very accessible game, but it's also unapologetically inspired by pen and paper RPGs. It has the potential to appeal to a lot of different audiences because there are so many different layers and ways to play. Between the story, freedom, and no clear way to actually mess up – a party member dying is not a failure, killing your quest giver is not a failure – there are themes that resonate with anyone who has imagination. Paradoxically this freedom is also the game’s biggest enemy. Some players are used to having games clearly communicate what is expected of them and they typically need some time to adapt.”

In the coming year, Larian is going to be honing its art, as well as revisiting ideas that were put aside during the making of Original Sin 2.

“We're going to continue making RPGs and improve our craft,” Vincke.

“There’s still a lot we can do better and we killed a lot of darlings while making D:OS 2. Some of these deserve a second chance.”

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The general consensus is that it is decline. I immediately was against it.

Ruchy

Scholar
No, I don't mean one stat responsible for saving throws. I mean wits/finesse for some, memory/int for some and str/con for some.

That would be the ideal situation, they would have to change how the AI has preternatural sense when it comes to characters stats and weakness though or rework the lore ability so it doesn't grant info on saving throws and only on resistances.

Ruchy

Scholar
Unfortunately the game is disappointing and Larian are allowing the commercial/critical reception into their heads.
[/QUOTE]

I honestly cannot see how anyone who had played the first game would be disappointed by this. Despite it's many flaws this game is a vast improvement over the first.

Sjukob

Arcane
Unfortunately the game is disappointing and Larian are allowing the commercial/critical reception into their heads.

I honestly cannot see how anyone who had played the first game would be disappointed by this. Despite it's many flaws this game is a vast improvement over the first.[/QUOTE]
I can relate

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Don't hate on DOS's writing just cause you don't get Belgian sense of humor. At least it's not as bad as Obsidian's stale crap or Bethesda's intelligence-challenged drivel :roll:

Sjukob

Arcane
Don't hate on DOS's writing just cause you don't get Belgian sense of humor. At least it's not as bad as Obsidian's stale crap or Bethesda's intelligence-challenged drivel
Comparing piss and shit .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom