Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

otsego

Cipher
m9sqpx.jpg

:salute::salute:

Beat it. Was very unhappy with the game the first time through but I've got some ideas for a new playthrough now that I know what to expect and now that I'm (arguable) less shit at the new mechanics.

otsego

Cipher

Thanks for those tips. I ended up ignoring the loot and just sneaking through, it was much easier and efficient. I'd found myself rarely replacing gear at this point anyway (lvl 20) so It was just the explorer's itch that got me frustrated and trying to clear the area.

Had a lot of trouble in Arx and feel like a nub because of it. I'd been running around for HOURS because
I had shifted around every single piece of furniture in Kemm's room EXCEPT the vase that lies on the pressure plate leading into the attic.
I had everything else explored and I knew where I had to go, I just didn't know how to actually get inside.

Here's to learning, and moving on to round 2.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys this game is kicking my ass. Some questions from the first island:
1) I freed the dragon, dragon killed all the shriekers but somehow all the rallying point camp cleared up and there's nobody in it! Gareth and all the company suddenly aren't there after the dragon strike! So I can't hire the 2 guys from Gareth! Where are they? Why did they disappear? I had tried clearing the shriekers with the wand first and then Gareth gave me two guys for help and himself he went for the boat but now that the dragon cleared stuff Gareth is gone.

My party sucks shit. All lvl 7 - Sibilie main, aerothurge, hydro and summoning, Lonewolf guy tank, Skeletor guy pyro and geo, Lohse summoning. Im playing tactician and it seems incredibly difficult. I went back and killed everybody in the whole island except for the encounter in the swamp with the demon thing and skelingtons and the Alexander fight. That one seems really really difficult I tried like 5 times already and I just have no armor anywhere and spend half my turns healing and running away instead of dealing damage.

2) what do with the burning pigs?

Cadmus

Arcane
git gud

or try the Tactician baby Mode:
Two Lone Wolves Summoner.

In all honesty, your aprty seems messy. One fo the guys has lone wolf...yet full 4 party members
no I mean he is the lone wolf guild killer, not the trait.
But I'm concerned about the Gareth disappearing...?

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Gareth et al. move out of the camp after you trigger certain events (don't remember the specific trigger, but basically once you're ready for the end-fight). Perhaps you already initiated that?

Burning pigs - what would you do with a bunch of poor souls cursed to forever be on fire?

Cadmus

Arcane
I would fucking cast combustion on them to remove the fire because it says it does so in the tooltip but that doesn't work.
Don't have any curse removal spell afaik.

Where did Gareth move out to? I want to hire my 2 guys from him before engaging Alexander.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Basically, if he (and the rest of the camp) is gone for quest reasons, you're not gonna see him until next chapter, I think. Save early, save often, as they say.

For the pigs, you need

Bless

You get it as part of the main quest, a bit later than you meet the pigs for the first time. The first game map teases you a lot like that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The last fight can easily be cheesed. I had the tentacle fight Alexandar and co. I also left the shriekers as they were. teleported enemies in there. What I did was to send my 2H fighter into the fray to initiate the fight. I had the other three characters at the top of the stairs. As soon as your fighter's turn is up, retreat up the stairs. Having high ground is very important. Send in your summon to take the beating. Unleash everything you got, and if the enemy closes in on your charactters, back away. There's a lot of room to get back. I didn't play it on tactician mode, but I do think this strategy would work.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
WTF D:OS 2 ranked 8th in SuperData's September digital revenue list ahead of Overwatch and CS:GO: https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market

RvY7TWz.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 builds on success of single player PC games. Larian Studio’s new RPG sold an impressive 660,000 digital units on PC during its launch month. This places it among other recent successful single-player-centric games such as Nier: Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Murk

Arcane
Click the link you dingbats.

It's top grossing titles by total digital sales in September.

Murk

Arcane
Those details are behind a paywall from their 'super data arcade', but if it's digital sales then it's definitely not # of units sold.

So if anything, it probably undervalues games you get a box copy of in its ranking.

(also, probably shit ranking)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Where do they get these numbers from? I highly doubt that is based off of ACTUAL sales data (digital sales), unless suddenly that information is now open to the Public...

MWaser

Arbiter
The metric is revenue (sales + DLC/microtransactions).
where do they get microtransactions revenue from?
The only data type I could find for most of these games cites "reported revenue", which is why it would include all the revenue sources that the game has brought to the company. You can question the legitimacy of this kind of information, of course, but it's going to be as "official" and "complete" as you can get. Whether companies index the actual revenue per product, I can't say, and if not then this data is definitely to be taken with a grain of salt.

Pablosdog

Prophet
So I beat the game.

Some of the end results are pretty vague, especially if you've chosen the banish all source or spread divinity endings. Hell, one of them never even directly addressed my character(Ifan) by name at the end unless I picked the Divinity path.

I enjoyed the game, but it still felt unfinished, especially in the last act. Arx felt very...strange. The layout of the town felt like something you'd encounter much earlier on.

To be honest the last part of the game was entirely underwhelming.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Whether companies index the actual revenue per product, I can't say

They probably do since, shockingly, they need to know where to focus their efforts and revenue by product is important that way.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Actual Sales Numbers are not something that is in the Public view. Occasionally a Publisher (or Developer) might make mention of a specific Sales achievement milestone. Or numbers published by The NPD Group, Inc. (however, I think they stopped doing video game sales?).

Any numbers you read any where else are made up bullshit numbers, and mean literally nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom