Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Divinity: Original Sin 2 RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Lacrymas, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Ausdoerrtgender: ⚧ Augur

Ausdoerrt
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    If you hover over a surface, it'll tell you what you're looking at.

It was also extremely flawed at release, until the expansion and some major patching occurred.

You should give DD a chance, it's a decent Diablo clone with a story that ties in nicely to DOS2.

There's nothing shameful about admitting that, even with all their flaws, Larian is the saviour of RPG :smug:

^ Top  
  2. DraQgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Parrots:
    Well, the entire Divinity series, apart from DC, is generally some variant of Diablo meets Ultima meets fantasy pastiche.

It may be TB party based Diablo with tactics or twitchy TPP Diablo with flying and jumping puzzles.

Overall I am happy with DOS2 and even pleasantly surprised by some aspects, even if some others are just head-scratchingly wrong.

^ Top  
  3. Murkgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    DD has the best atmosphere and music of the games, and its art style has held up very well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. GloomFrostgender: ⚧ Savant

GloomFrost
    Parrots:
    How long have you played it for. The "introduction" alone is like 15-20h. Its a massive game. And it gets better later on.

^ Top  
  5. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    ^ Top  
  6. Ivangender: ⚧ Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    Finally got the time for this. So if I'm looking for a solid challenge that encourages smart play, classic or tactician?

I played the original on Hard and enjoyed the challenge bump from "normal" (never played the remastered version)

^ Top  
  7. Grotesquegender: ⚧ Arcane

Grotesque
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    UnderRail is better than DOS 2.
    Yes, that game was that good!

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Iznaliugender: ⚧ Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    You would probably be right there, as I get redirected to the Steam homepage when I click on that link.

^ Top  
  9. Murkgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    Tactician, despite the 'bloat' it's the better option.

Classic is too easy IMO.

^ Top  
  10. Ivangender: ⚧ Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    Also, can someone explain what's gained/lost by choosing a Custom Char vs what I understand to be Companions? Won't I still be able to experience every companion's story/quest if I decide not to play as one of them?

Does each "origin" have unique content locked away? how much vs going custom? thanks

^ Top  
  11. Murkgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    All of the unique chars can be recruited as companions (or 3 of them, for that matter).

In some cases, you learn more about the unique chars if they are a companion. You do get some options in dialogs and quests if you play as one of the unique chars. To answer your question though, nothing HUGE is lost, and you can still experience like 95% if not 100% of their backgrounds by taking them as companions.

^ Top  
  12. Sjukobgender: ⚧ Savant

Sjukob
    Parrots:
    To avoid retardation take lone wolf for your custom character, pick up Beast as a companion and make sure you get lone wolf talent for him as soon as possible, screw everyone else.

Your custom character should preferably be human 2h warrior and Beast as a marksman will be a fine supplement for him. Max warfare ASAP, take some necromancy for healing , put a few points in metamorph for utility , for Beast you should also raise huntsman skill to be able to use archery skills and also get additional damage from highground. Everything else is preference.

Perform a victory dance as you are now a nigh immortal amazing duo that doesn't take anyone's shit and is capable of annihilating the universe with a single fart.

And remember
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 5:27 AM
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ivangender: ⚧ Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    no

^ Top  
  14. Lacrymasgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Have they fixed this game yet? It's been two months.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)