Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
D:OS just had a 10MB update on Steam, is it the editor?

TheLostOne

Savant
On Steam Forums:

UPDATE:

The editor should be available for everyone around 10:00 am PDT (19:00 CEST). We are still waiting on Valve. Apologies for the delay.

I'm a day late and a dollar short, apparently.

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
Just read the news about the companions and personality, buuullshit

I hate, hate this bullshit, either release the complete game or don't release.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Just read the news about the companions and personality, buuullshit

I hate, hate this bullshit, either release the complete game or don't release.

They've made it clear that they can't delay it any longer. Already used up their Kickstarter money.

Drowed

Arcane
The truth is that Larian underestimated (by far) how much time and money would be needed to carry out the stretch goals they promised. The game still looks amazing, and it seems that unless they have fucked up the rest of the game that no one played yet, it will be an instant classic - and no doubt they were bros throughout the production of it. But this doesn't detract from the lack of prudence and inability to analyze what they were trying to bite off more than they could chew.

Ivan

Arcane
Bros, is requesting the game from the Larian Vault (as opposed to Steam/GOG) effectively as receiving it as with Humble, i.e., drm free AND steam key or just the former?

Flacracker

Educated
Is the loot in this game randomly generated? I assume the old Divinity games had it because they were Diablo clones but this game is a bit different.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Roguey is an idiot and he deserves a beating.

Not sure if anyone deserves a beating for posting on an internet forum, but I'm reading more and more of his shit as he's everywhere. 10K posts and counting, this guy. It does get annoying because he has very rigid views on everything. He's being contrarian on everything - essentially he is a slightly litterate version of Volourn, as far as I can tell

edit - but the King will be the King after all. roofled!

Black

Arcane
Roguey is an idiot and he deserves a beating.

Not sure if anyone deserves a beating for posting on an internet forum, but I'm reading more and more of his shit as he's everywhere. 10K posts and counting, this guy. It does get annoying because he has very rigid views on everything. He's being contrarian on everything - essentially he is a slightly litterate version of Volourn, as far as I can tell

edit - but the King will be the King after all. roofled!
Thought you had left forever.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I will definitely be waiting for the patch before I start playing.
Also, where is my Collector Box? I wish I could check if it t was already sent at least.

No game is complete without achievements!
sujOBp9.png

:troll:

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
where is my Collector Box? I wish I could check if it t was already sent at least.
Orders from the Vault started going out last Monday; kickstarter CEs will begin shipping tomorrow. Larian was going to wait to ship them with the art books, but they are apparently taking longer than expected, so will have to ship separately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom