Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
They weren't able to produce as much original material as they had wanted because of the illness. Great shame, but at least he's healthy again

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I am guessing the key for alpha & beta access in the larian vault is the same for the full game?
it was separated before but the option for the game is removed from the page now

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Receive an access code to get digital download of the game. (Once you choose an option and generate a key, that is final. We cannot undo this and give you another type of key.)

Also, vault is all weird now. My Dragon Commander keys have a Kickstarter-tag in front of them.

Mortmal

Arcane
Something weird just happened, on the Larian vault ten minutes ago i had my two copies of Original Sin (not available yet), and suddenly i have only one of them, and it's apparently already 'delivered' on Steam without me having done anything (i did get my EA unlocked on steam a couple of months back, but...)

Same here only my beta key and the duo beta key i never used. How much you bet that the beta keys= final version ? I have doubt on them deactivating and sending new keys, never seen that happen.

Arkeus

Arcane
Same here only my beta key and the duo beta key i never used. How much you bet that the beta keys= final version ? I have doubt on them deactivating and sending new keys, never seen that happen.
It actually happened for Dragon Commander.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Steam forums are butthurt as always but this one made me laugh

frankly i think interface of the game is confusing
i dont play mmo for that reason
and there are too many skills, classes, crafts and others to do

Nael

Arcane
Since this game is co-op I think there should be a multiplayer "Let's Play DD:OS." Cmon!

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Apparently all alpha/beta keys for Steam become full games, they just said this on KS. wow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently all alpha/beta keys for Steam become full games, they just said this on KS. wow.

Creator Larian Studios LLC 22 minutes ago
We're finishing the Kickstarter update - it should be up shortly. Bottom line -> Your Steam Early Access key will transform into the full key. If you do not want a Steam key, you'll be able to destroy it on the Vault and get a GOG key instead. More in the update.

Creator Larian Studios LLC 17 minutes ago
The existing keys will not be revoked. It makes the transition a lot easier. We indeed planned originally to destroy them but since the large majority wants a Steam key, that doesn't really make sense as you would have to re-download everything (10GB). That's why we adapted our approach.

Ramireza

Savant
I see where this goes : It will be easier to pirate it instead of get the Steam version running.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The issue is whether giving away your steam keys mean you are forced to get GOG keys, and can't get another Steam one. ForkTong ?

What do you mean? If you gave your original Steam alpha/beta key to somebody, you can revoke his ass now. :smug: If you pledged to the appropriate tier you might also have another key now (from Steam, GOG or Vault), but that's a separate thing.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Read the comments. It looks like they'll give you an option to manually revoke the Steam key and get a GOG one in its place. How very arcane.

Oh, kinda like they did with Dragon Commander, right?

dragoncommanderbeta.png

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, shit. Well, that lessens my load considerably, but... That's kinda silly, wish I knew in advance.

Bros, if you gave a key to some other Codexer in the beta, or still need your key in general, please inform me. I'll go through the list anyway, but I didn't write down who did what with their Beta keys, so, you'll save me a LOT of trouble.

Arkeus

Arcane
The issue is whether giving away your steam keys mean you are forced to get GOG keys, and can't get another Steam one. ForkTong ?

What do you mean? If you gave your original Steam alpha/beta key to somebody, you can revoke his ass now. :smug: If you pledged to the appropriate tier you might also have another key now (from Steam, GOG or Vault), but that's a separate thing.

Let's say you gave away your only beta key to someone. We can revoke his ass through the vault (yay!), and get a GOG key- but can we revoke his ass and get /another/ steam key, in case we don't want to play on GOG? It shouldn't be that hard to do, but it's fairly important. Not everyone prefers GOG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Ah, I see. Good point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom