Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Was there a quest to do it?
Yes there's NPC who asks you to kill him, and you have to fight him near Hunter's Edge, then you get the nunchaku wielding badass.
Hmm I don't even remember getting asked. I will see if I encounter it on the playthrough I am doing now, where the characters are more on the 'evil' side. I did get a nunchaku wielder, they were just made out of foam apparently.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"So much for all those faggots who claim the game's progression is almost linear."

It's as linear or even more lienar than games the Codex is known for bashing because their perceived 'linearity'.

Lhynn

Arcane
"So much for all those faggots who claim the game's progression is almost linear."

It's as linear or even more lienar than games the Codex is known for bashing because their perceived 'linearity'.
an example?

Tigranes

Arcane
Weird bug. Gold disappears for one of my characters. If he picks it up, or gets it from a vendor, or gets it sent from the other character. So now I have to have the second character do all of that. Anyone encountered this?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I've just beaten
that fucking witch elevyn
and it was an amazing, thrilling fight. took me a couple of tries (damned burning!). it's unbelievable how exciting and demanding the fights are, considering the somewhat shitty character system (my only real grip with the game so far).

also I wanted to go to sleep at a decent time yet I finished playing at 3 AM :negative: the first time it happened to me since, I think, Eador Genesis.

:5/5:

I have had more than a few battles where there was real reactivity to my tactics. I charmed something and they charmed it back, enemies combining for elemental synergies. Enemies correcting fields with the correct elements abd subsuequent turns within the round see enemies taking correct tactics given the actions of my team and theirs. Fucking awesome.

One battle had three archers with special arrows. Despite my initiative advantage, by the end of the first round I was fucked due back to back to back reactions of fire and oil arrows. AI in combat wise, this is up there with KoTC for me.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Are you kidding? I've died maybe 3 times in battle. Quite frankly, booby traps are much more dangerous in this game than any battle. LMAO

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
AI isn't so great. One thing I noticed is it avoids ground effects at all cost it seems. One of the fights I did, I used firefly to block the path leading to my group, so all their melee immediately started heading for the alternate path which was a long loop around which began behind them. So they pretty much ran in the opposite direction for a few rounds, should have just ran through or waited it out (rain was up). Their rangers can be pretty good with their poison cloud arrows + fire or vice-versa though.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Volourn & Roguey

What are you guys trying to proof by nitpcking over tiny details in D:OS?

This game is not perfect, but is does many things better than most recent CRPG releases. It's certainly the best CRPG supported by Kickstarter so far.
D:OS gets good critiques by many oldschool CRPG fans AND by CRPG rookies. So Larian has done something new: They created a modern non-casual CRPG with revived oldschool values build in and some innovative new ideas as well.
The great concept was to build a modern Ultima 7/Baldur's Gate game with Fallout turn based combat and good old Divine Divinity humor and lore thrown in.
Extra: Game Editor and coop gameplay.

IMHO: A job well done - thanks Swen.

BTW:
I'm already in my second playtrough...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ahahah goddamn

declineneverchanges.jpg

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
AI isn't so great. One thing I noticed is it avoids ground effects at all cost it seems. One of the fights I did, I used firefly to block the path leading to my group, so all their melee immediately started heading for the alternate path which was a long loop around which began behind them. So they pretty much ran in the opposite direction for a few rounds, should have just ran through or waited it out (rain was up). Their rangers can be pretty good with their poison cloud arrows + fire or vice-versa though.
Weird, I've had the exact opposite happen to me last night. I launched a static cloud arrow at a bunch of goblins last night and the ones that weren't affected just walked around it.

RK47

Patron
Weird, I've had the exact opposite happen to me last night. I launched a static cloud arrow at a bunch of goblins last night and the ones that weren't affected just walked around it.

I think it's pathing. And combat behaviors are wonky when you start putting Charmed foes in the mix.
The AI doesn't hold back.
At all.
Special arrows launched on the poor charmed target.
Knocked Down, Stunned, Frozen.
I can deal with Zombies or Goblins being this stupid but a bunch of Immaculate Rangers acting the same way.
Its one of those quirks we just accept.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
With the way the healing spells work (no resources), the game should just max your health after combat. Just saves the player time as he/she will do it manually anyway and there are no times that this isn't viable (like if you had to rush into another encounter, or one was on its way to you with limited time for out of combat casting) :M.

Beds heal for free as well, so there's the town healing.

RK47

Patron
With the way the healing spells work (no resources), the game should just max your health after combat. Just saves the player time as he/she will do it manually anyway and there are no times that this isn't viable (like if you had to rush into another encounter, or one was on its way to you with limited time for out of combat casting) :M.

Beds heal for free as well, so there's the town healing.

Kinda agree with you. I always felt the teleport to homestead is somewhat too convenient.
Backtracking over static places is pretty boring though, so waypoint is a must.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Too bad you can't put bed in your inventory. My zombie would be so happy.

I was so angry when I found out neither poison pots or poisoned food heals zombies. And I carried so much poisoned cheese around...

Oh wait, I guess what I should have done is poison level 1 butter knife and stab the zombie all the time.

RK47

Patron
Too bad you can't put bed in your inventory. My zombie would be so happy.

I was so angry when I found out neither poison pots or poisoned food heals zombies. And I carried so much poisoned cheese around...

Wow really? That's terrible.
DOS is a terrible game.

iamarcher.png

iamarcher2.png

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Yeah I'm kinda shocked. That guy's gotta be a troll

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom