Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Stealing isn't even a big deal. You can do it if you want - but it's hardly necessary, and the economy is broken without it.

Black

Arcane
First rebalance mod is out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Source DIfficulty 1.05

****Game Changes********************************************************************************

**NPC Changes**
1) Increased the Bodybuilding and Willpower by 1-2 for NPCs that had at least 1 point in either.
2) NPCs with the Opportunist or Zombie Talents have 20% more movement.
3) NPCs with the Opportunist Talent are 20% more resistant to debilitating status effects.
4) Some NPCs Level 10 and higher were given 1-3 points to some attributes.
The +2 Speed allows some enemies to now hit twice every turn or every other turn.
5) Some Enemies now have 1-2 more Skills (Ex: An enemy that had Fireball was given Flare).
6) Some Enemies now carry a Potion. Be wary of those melee units.

7) NPC FOV buffed from 90 to 180 (Sneak Pts now drastically decreases FOV and view distance).
8) Genereic Merchant BodyGuards FOV buffed to 350 and all Sentinels FOV nerfed to 30.
9) Generic Rats now have really low HP so they become easier to kill.
By default Sneak Pts drop view distance 1.5m with the average NPC view at 18m for Sneak 0.

**Player Buffs**
1) Player Health for all difficulties at +0% (That is 25% more than the default hard).
2) Player-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (That is 30% more than the Default Hard).
These buffs will help the player be less dependent on spells and AOE.
3) Players start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, and a Fireball Scroll.

**Difficulty Modes Changes**
1) Enemy-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (Just like the default hard mode).
2) Easy Mode gives NPCs +0% more Health. (Encase the other mod changes are enough for you).
3) Normal Mode gives NPCs +25% more Health. (Like the default hard mode).
4) Hard Mode gives NPCs +50% more Health. (25% more HP than the default hard mode).

**Extra Changes**
1) Enables for 4 players support.
2) Player movement speed is increased 30%. Animations look natural & does not effect combat.

****Madora and Jahan Changes******************************************************************

Madora and Jahan have been set to level 1 and have been given various changes.

Madora and Jahan will Auto-Level to the same amount as the player that recruits them.

Madora and Jahan were given 3 free attribute points to allow more customizability.
This will compensate for the lack of Traits that only the 2 main heroes can get.
The added attributes also won't help as much since they mostly help specific equipment types.

To compensate for the 3 attributes Madora & Jahan start with only 3 skills like a Lvl 1 hero.

You will be able to choose 2 attributes, 2 abilities and 1 talent by the time they are Lvl 4.

**Madora Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 8, DEX 6, INT 6, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Man-At-Arms x1, Bodybuilding x2, Willpower x1
3) Skills = Battering Ram, Crushing Fist, and Dust Devil
4) Talents = Morning Person(Revive at 100% HP) and Five Star Diner(Potion/Food x2 effect)

Madora no longer has 2 points into Two-Hander. A lot of people requested this.
Madora was given +1 DEX, INT, PER encase the player wants more control over her build.

**Jahan Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 6, DEX 6, INT 8, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Hydrosophist x1, Bodybuilding x1, Willpower x2
3) Skills = Minor Healing, Slow Current, and Water of Life
4) Talents = Morning Person(Revive at 100% HP) and Five Star Diner(Potion/Food x2 effect)

Jahan was given +1 STR, DEX, PER encase the player wants more control over his build.
Jahan no longer has Scientist talent. Encase you don't want him to be the smith/crafter.

I highly recommend recruiting Madora and Jahan while you are still level 2.

Both start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, a Fireball Scroll and a Backpack.

Imo great changes. IT has 20% flat chance to hit to player and monsters so you can hit now way higher lvl mobs.
Also this show how everything can be modified so soon we will have mod that will rival ToEE in therms of combat.

Pseudo increase of difficulty. Why increase amount of bodybuilding and willpower for enemies? Also completely unnecessary messing with both NPCs.

If you want real increase in difficulty, block stealing.
So characters whose abilities cooldowns don't decrease with their primary stat (unlike mages) get shafted even more.
Increasing BB and WP means shit if you can just cast Blind and Boulder Bash every turn.

Doesn't say it in game and I never got that far with mages, (Games was too easy) well, I guess there's +1 to my statement that mages >>> .

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So characters whose abilities cooldowns don't decrease with their primary stat (unlike mages) get shafted even more.
Increasing BB and WP means shit if you can just cast Blind and Boulder Bash every turn.

They don't get shafted more. They can learn teleport and summon and do theirs stuff. While they will not get lower cooldown for spells, they doesn't need it. In fact increasing enemy BB and WP hurts them more, because enemies would resist knockdown and other skills more often.

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
True. While we're at it, damaging spells and abilities are also "free", since they take no resources, so we might as well just make every enemy topple over as soon as you can see them.

I hope you were trolling here. This is completely nonsensical. Healing spells are free -- outside of combat. That is the whole fucking point of the distinction, and why auto-healing outside of combat wouldn't change a fucking thing. It is the introduction of combat that makes healing spells a resource that you have to manage, since combat introduces the resource management mechanic (turns vs. AP vs. Enemy Attacks).

Your argument only makes sense if attacking enemies doesn't start the combat mechanic. It does, of course, which is the whole fucking point. That's why your flare spell is not a really a managed resource outside of combat, but is a managed resource during combat. Because it is the combat mechanic itself that introduces the requirement to manage it (and your other abilities) by virtue of limiting your AP.

There's still a cost in slots, it might become meaningless once abilities hit level 5, but it's there at the start. Mods can also be created to use wandering hostiles to trigger combat unexpectedly, which could make cooldowns a meaningful cost. So, something like a healing skill macro function would be a better suggestion.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Is anyone else having trouble with the game running very choppy & slow, even on the absolute lowest resolution, video settings, etc.? The game recommends that I run it with graphics on the 'high' preset, but it's running so poorly it's unplayable at any setting.

I tried running this on my old laptop, and it works fine. Runs smooth and everything, even though I have to put the graphics on very low.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oooh, it's cool that there's already a rebalance mod out there. I'll just wait until it's done/balanced properly, 'cause that's all the game needs to become near perfect for me.
:thumbsup:

Ziem

Arbiter
I don't think any of these changes really "rebalance" anything, just make the game a little bit harder. I mean, the useless talents are still useless, the broken stuff is still broken, etc, so basically you're still going to use the same builds and strategy.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
From the larian forum. I have not tried this. But he claims it is easy.

General Easy-Med-Hard difficulties are perhaps one of the easiest things to mod in the game. There are setting for all 3. Aprox 75 settings for players and NPC's for each difficulty level. You could so something very close and perhaps feather in a few more tweaks.

You unpak Main
Open characters.xslm in excel
From there it is pretty straight forward, save.
Then open All.xslm, click the Generate button.
It creates and updated characters.txt file you place in a mod folder (will supply details if one is interested in actually do this)
Play game with new settings.

Deitti

Augur
Maybe one of you Codexers who have played hybrids could tell me, which is better in the long run for battlemage type hybrids, two-handed weapons or sword and shield?

Perkel

Arcane
Both are viable.

I tested ton of builds so far and i didn't find single one that is invalid or "worse"

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is anyone else having trouble with the game running very choppy & slow, even on the absolute lowest resolution, video settings, etc.? The game recommends that I run it with graphics on the 'high' preset, but it's running so poorly it's unplayable at any setting.

I tried running this on my old laptop, and it works fine. Runs smooth and everything, even though I have to put the graphics on very low.
Delete your profile and start a new game. This includes your save games unfortunately. But may just deleting the 'levelcache' dir on the savegame folder would fix it, i haven't tried. I do know this is a bug, and not a normal thing, because it happened to me and was 'fixed' after doing this (i wanted to restart at the time anyway). It hasn't happened again after the last patch after restarting fortunately, but i dont know if it wont.

As i've discussed with RK in the box, a rebalance mod would have to, to me, at a minimum, extirpate all the magic skills, all the healing skills, maybe increase cooldown of all warrior skils, and leave everything in the hands of just potions and scrolls for player magic (which would just show how generally useless most skills are too). If they can make it so you can't leave or teleport out of some dungeons and invent a reasoning it's all gravy.

Cooldown system was really the worst possible option that they could have used for this game. Even Divinity 1 mana is better at resource management (if not variability) than this crap.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
It disallows buffing your party before battle.

But i agree overall. This system could be done differently like using AP system instead of cooldowns. So for example each high level spell would require like 3 turns of waiting, or some AP burn on use of high spells (like adding additional AP to each move and ability after high level spell)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Remove cooldowns and with each use, some skill AP requirements increments by one, some by 2, etc. Dunno what balance would look like but I imagine it being pretty good.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Doesn't prevent out of combat healing to max problem. It actually makes it easier (not that waiting is fun). Unless those things stick around for a while and still happen out of combat (but not visible in the action point bar), then maybe it could would be interesting.

It would be kind of funny to see the dumbfucks go 'guys guys bug i have to reserve 2 turns before i can cast heal in combat'.
Then again, i guess a smart player will have one skill for combat healing and one for out of combat spammage.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Yeah, if you really want to reuse that skill then go right ahead but you may need to do not much else for a turn. it would make AP management more interesting and introduce natural impediments to skill spamming.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I added a edit with a mild objection. But i guess it only applies to 'multiclass archetypes' like battlemage.
edit: applies to two player characters of course, one spams out of combat healing the other only on combat.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Originally they had planned to use mana, iirc.
Then at some point after switching to cooldown-based, they wanted to at least make spells that would take more than one turn to cast and could be interrupted (roll against willpower).
All that's left now is the AP requirement of some spells needing you to potentially wait a turn for your AP pool to be large enough to cast it.
While the current cooldown-based system is rather easy to handle, I also think it's definitely the more boring and popamolish alternative to what they had planned before.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW i think this is first RPG in which enemies use that much healing and Resurrection abilities.

It's kind of refreshing to see that enemy has same tools as you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom