Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Loot is a disease

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At the beginning i thought I will struggle for money but soon it was clear the game throws gold in your face and I could build a hut out of it and still swim in it. I had like 150k gold at some point, I only went down to 110k because i started buying fucking everything that i could have use of at some point but probably won't. Don't regret if you miss a few chests. There wasn't any useful loot because everything is level scalled anyway, it was another bunch of shit to sell or an item you'd replace half an hour later anyway.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
At the beginning i thought I will struggle for money but soon it was clear the game throws gold in your face and I could build a hut out of it and still swim in it. I had like 150k gold at some point, I only went down to 110k because i started buying fucking everything that i could have use of at some point but probably won't. Don't regret if you miss a few chests. There wasn't any useful loot because everything is level scalled anyway, it was another bunch of shit to sell or an item you'd replace half an hour later anyway.

Kony, past Cyseal:
"RK, where is the other pyramid"

:troll:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still don't have the second pyramid :M

Guys, how do i get tenebrium ability if that smith from silvergren disappeared? I played with a party of 4 mages, but now I have to destroy some stone with Tenebrium weapon, however none of my mages can damage it. I have tenebrium 2h sword though, so I gave it to Madora, but she can't use it because she doesn't have a tenebrium ability (the rest of my party does, but they are mages). How can she learn the skill? I tried looking for that smith, but I remember after completing some quest he run away and disappeared.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Guys, how do i get tenebrium ability if that smith from silvergren disappeared? I played with a party of 4 mages, but now I have to destroy some stone with Tenebrium weapon, however none of my mages can damage it. I have tenebrium 2h sword though, so I gave it to Madora, but she can't use it because she doesn't have a tenebrium ability (the rest of my party does, but they are mages). How can she learn the skill? I tried looking for that smith, but I remember after completing some quest he run away and disappeared.
There is a book somewhere (I think it's in the hidden immaculate village) that will teach one character the skill or give a 1 point boost to someone who already has it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
One of the worst end bosses ever. Easy. Anyone who had a hard time with it is retarted. It had so many APs yet did shit all with it. Boring yet because of HP bloat the fight still took a lot of time out of my life away. Finished at level 21.

Good game but nowhere enar as good as the fanboys claim it to be.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

1) get the second pyramid by using the first one to teleport to the location of the second one, duh
might need to go to cyseal to do that though

2) immaculate village, house of Lady Attenbrah or something there's the book, to get the skill for all your party you have to do the quest with Brandon in Silverglen, you can get the ore he wants from anywhere, either mine it yourself in the mine, or steal some in the immaculate village

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yes.

But, then again, I bet you are one of the toolbags who like Zix Zax and his buddies b/c they remind you of Minsc and Deekin. LMFAO

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, I don't give a shit about most of the characters, but neither did I give a shit a shit about most modern Bioware characters because they're written horribly.
Better story? Dragon Age and Mass Effect basically have the same "save the world" story at their core. Same shit.
Better writing? Not really, most modern Bioware writing has either cringeworthy writing or boring writing nobody cares about. BG2 is the exception.
Better combat? HAHAHA OH WOW. NWN had the shittest combat in any RPG ever, and Mass Effect is popamole. Divinity OS excels at the kind of combat Bioware wanted to do with Dragon Age, so it tops a Bio game in direct comparison.
More challenging combat? Only if you consider HP bloat on hard good challenge.

Sodafish

Arcane
1) get the second pyramid by using the first one to teleport to the location of the second one, duh
might need to go to cyseal to do that though

2) immaculate village, house of Lady Attenbrah or something there's the book, to get the skill for all your party you have to do the quest with Brandon in Silverglen, you can get the ore he wants from anywhere, either mine it yourself in the mine, or steal some in the immaculate village

you can also get tenebrium ore from the troll king's cave

Black

Arcane
Can anyone mod the Delay Turn mechanic to that you can choose by how much you actually delay your turn instead of always going last? You know, like in ToEE.
I'll brofist you!

Suicidal

Arcane
The only Bioware game that I would even consider to be on the same or higher level than D:OS is Baldur's Gate 2 (and maybe BG 1, but that's stretching it). Everything else is miles beneath it.

Diablo169

Arcane
So I'm hoping to finally get enough time to play this tomorrow. Any recommendations on a first party? I'm a chronic re-roller usually.

Gord

Arcane
You can't add different GPU to notebook and his APU is in notebook. He will be probably buying new PC.
I would say he should buy used 7970 with guarantee left (custom cooling version)
I have this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-Ra...856?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item5d4e5e6208

u can find used for like 120-170$ Quiet as fuck card and cool (so OC is possible)
I think the APU he mentioned is a desktop model, but I might be mistaken.
Either way we shouldn't discuss hardware here

jdinatale

Cipher
I have a question about the GoG DRM free version of the game. Can I install it on my PC and my buddies and then play co-op with just one copy?

Or same with Steam, can I install it, then go in offline mode, let my friend install it with my account, go offline and still play co-op?

My poverty friend is too poverty to buy a copy to play co-op with me.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I have a question about the GoG DRM free version of the game. Can I install it on my PC and my buddies and then play co-op with just one copy?

Or same with Steam, can I install it, then go in offline mode, let my friend install it with my account, go offline and still play co-op?

My poverty friend is too poverty to buy a copy to play co-op with me.

Buy your poverty friend a copy but be sure his PC isn't too poverty.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Beat the game. Confirmed that the late game spells have almost no depth except for massive AP drains.
Lost the first boss fight cause friendly AI was liability.
Won the second fight by just turning friendly invisible.
Then tanky mage walk up, slap VD around with shocking grasp.
Use Willpower lowering ability too. MA skill Divine Light was useful.

I've already said before I like the early game, but the midpoint turned into a slog. I'm glad it's over now. I also like the puzzle that I just broke cause I was randomly clicking and the whole thing was solved out of sequence.
GG Larian. 8 out of 10.

Storywise it can be summed up as:
herfault.jpg

9aphailstorm.jpg

an6bu.jpg

goodending.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom