Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, what other RPGs are there this year? Wasteland 2? Personally I don't really love either game but they're okay I guess.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guess it's a matter of taste. The games are about equally bland to me... but if I had to absolutely make a choice I'd go for WL 2 just because of the at times tight writing. (At other times it sucks, though. It really feels like they had 5+ writers.)

Actually, yeah, I'd go for WL 2 by a full score point or two. I don't consider it great though.

Actually, yeah, I'd go for WL 2 by a full score point or two. I don't consider it great though.

Basically my sentiments, although I feel like a great game could come out of it with polish. I'm holding off completing it due to reports I've heard about Hollywood's unfinished state.
Which is more than I can say about D:OS, which I think is an al'right game, and enjoyed up to a point, but have no desire to finish it's hp bloat overly long fights just to hear more of the banal-shit story, especially since my choice in character creation was made meaningless less than halfway through the game. It's pretty much Borderlands now, where I just pick the build and skin I want for each fight at the sanctuary or whatever it's called.

Well, what other RPGs are there this year? Wasteland 2?
Yeah.
It's better than D:OS.

I agree. Wasteland 2 is better than D:OS.... As being kicked in the groin is better than playing PoE.
PoE that bad then? I don't like RTwP so I have no expectations for combat, I was hoping PoE would be the game to change that. :negative:

I was hoping PoE would be the gamee to change that. :negative:
Real talk, no you weren't.
True, I guess it's way better for the old ego if the game's RTwP is awful, reinforce my initial judgements, won't have to feel the sting of sunk emotional investment; and even if it's good I can still pretend it's shit like the rest of the naysayers.:smug:
Worst case scenario I'll still get to enjoy quality writing, c&c, and probably character building. Nice visuals too, a cut above the rest of the kickstarters.

subotaiy

Cipher
There's a mod that does increase movement speed off-combat by 30%; the fights still take a long time due to long animations and the AI dead time.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, what other RPGs are there this year? Wasteland 2? Personally I don't really love either game but they're okay I guess.

Blackguards, MMX, Dark Souls 2, South Park, Eschalon: Book 3, SRR: Dragonfall, Banner Saga, Risen 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Lords of Xulima, Dead State.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
...what a line-up.

Y'know, I'll vote MMX on account of not having played it yet. >_> Don't question it.

Lhynn

Arcane

Blackguards, MMX, Dark Souls 2, South Park, Eschalon: Book 3, SRR: Dragonfall, Banner Saga, Risen 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Lords of Xulima, Dead State.
Kinda doubt dead state will get a release this year tho.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Fucking storyfags in this thread mang.

Muh story waaah, muh dialogue waaaah, muh c&c waaaah

I would understand this if W2 had Planescape level of writing throughout. But it fucking doesn't. It's banal, shit boring at the best of times.

At least Larian understands what it wants to achieve and has some fun doing it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Should also mention Elminage Gothic and Final Fantasy XIII (19 hours to go!).

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
D:OS might be a flawed game, but there was no real competition this year. I'll eat my hat if this doesn't get GOTY.

It would've been a much more enjoyable experience if they had implemented a way to skip all the combat animations, or at least speed them up real good, like smarter developers did in other TB games. I can only stomach that shit for so long before it gets old.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
You're on a streak - and perfectly correct.

Not to mention the entire post was dumb. Combat fags aren't losing their shit over this game either. It's just lukewarm. It's fun for a bit but ultimately very bland and forgettable. But that's how all Larian games have been to me: kind of fun, but then the Belgian 'humor' sets in. They're really proud of their writing and it's terrible. At first I thought this was a bad translation, figuring the game was originally in German or something, but then the German version was even worse.

Combat fags like KotC. God, I love that game. That reminds me, I need to try MMX.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom