Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Turok

Erudite
Im only asking because some people thought he was Raze.

I was guilty of that, didn't know Raze had registered his own nick here.

Now i am waiting for the wasteland 2 patch they promise...

Another patch is incoming?

Yep Balance patch, is weird, Larian and inXile where working and the same time on balance patches.

I still don't play both games (i kickstart both) because i have a disease since i play my first crpg (Ultima VII).

I can't replay games...

garren

Arcane
Patron
Heh, I backed both games too but have yet to play them (unless beta counts), waiting for the big balance patches to hit. There's tons of other stuff to play meanwhile, almost got rid of my backlog.

Perkel

Arcane
today i finished Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl after 10 hours of mildly amusing fights. Which is kind of achievement because i dropped earlier game like 20 times never got past x18 (or x16 ?)

so my backlog is 1 less.

Waiting for hard mode now.

Xenich

Cipher
So... this isn't the hard mode patch?

Unless I missed something, it doesn't appear to be. It says it re-balanced encounters... but then I see things like this:

• Anguish Demon (removed one summon, making the fight a bit easier)

So if the main objection to the game was difficulty (as it was for me), then I think we are still in wait mode.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... this isn't the hard mode patch?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/1087853

All well and good, but where is my hardcore mode?
Rest assured that these accolades don't make us want to kick back and rest on our laurels: quite on the contrary! We realise all too well that Original Sin is a good, but not a flawless game and a lot of effort has gone into upgrading a multitude of the game's aspects like combat, pacing, UI and main story narration. And yes, work on the hardcore mode still continues and yes, same goes for the Linux version!

It will take us some time to implement all these changes and features, but in the meantime a patch with a whole host of other fixes should be ready for you somewhere in January.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Would've been pretty pissed if I switched entirely to linux and backed D:OS on the faulty premise that the linux version is going to be there. Pretty pissed.

hiver

Yeah, Linux versions got shafted the most in several kickstarters.
It should be out soon but... pretty long delay in any case.

Well, i guess im going to try this new patch tonight or tomorrow to see how much it all affects the game.

Anyone interested in a bit of a co-op maybe?
warning: no op talents like lone wolves or glass canons or zombie, etc. allowed.

Perkel

Arcane
seriously i don't get people who choose linux overall as their gaming platform
Few years ago when at least few games had opengl support this was still somewhat viable but right now most of games are Dx11 with no ogl support.

If you want to play games you need to have second os or you are stuck with just very few games and ton of problems (due to horrid drivers and lack of overall support)

hiver

Most people hoped that mantle will liberate us from directX.

Regardless, it was a stretch goal so one would suppose Linux support would be given even without mantle.
Not really nice to blame people now, is it?

btw, Larian said that they ran into a snag with apple version recently, solved it and now should be on the way to provide Linux version too.
Guess it will be a hard lesson for everyone when it comes to future promises and expectations.

Gord

Arcane
seriously i don't get people who choose linux overall as their gaming platform
Few years ago when at least few games had opengl support this was still somewhat viable but right now most of games are Dx11 with no ogl support.

If you want to play games you need to have second os or you are stuck with just very few games and ton of problems (due to horrid drivers and lack of overall support)

Actually it's not that bad (anymore).
Both NVidia and AMD driver are progressing, there are more native Linux ports coming out and it's possible to play a lot of games without too many issues through Wine as well.
I'm still using Windows as primary gaming OS and Linux mostly for older/emulated stuff, but overall it's much better than just a few years ago.

Perkel

Arcane

Regardless, it was a stretch goal so one would suppose Linux support would be given even without mantle.

btw, Larian said that they ran into a snag with apple version recently, solved it and now should be on the way to provide Linux version too.
Guess it will be a hard lesson for everyone when it comes to future promises and expectations.

Yeah i hope mantle will open up.

DirectX is single most terrible thing because it ties games to Os

Xenich

Cipher

Yeah i hope mantle will open up.

DirectX is single most terrible thing because it ties games to Os

As was intended, unfortunately.

I always thought it would be nice to see a consortium of the game companies adopt a standard for their own specific game OS that essentially ran in its own environment completely separate from the OS and entirely designed to facilitate games. Something that would install like its own OS, operate completely independent of an OS, like a dual boot setup. Imagine how much power and resources could be obtained if the only thing that was running when you played a game, was that streamlined layer and the game. No more bloat or gimmicks from the OS makers, just pure gaming power bliss.

hiver

It would be nice if you could at least make a separate "gaming" account in windows and turn off all the shit you dont need but you cnat even do that since most of that stuff is essential for os and turning it off means its turned off in the whole OS.
Although that wouldn't be anywhere close to a dedicated gaming OS.

I thought maybe Valve will do something like it with steam OS but yeah... laugh at me. I deserve it for even thinking that.

well... if Mantle grows up maybe some good soul could make a Linux distro for gaming or something...

Perkel

Arcane
That won't happen. People can't install one Os let alone another one.
But they don't relly need to. API is created to handle that.

Only Ogl is completely open but kronos group got shit ton of flack for their delays of new revisions. Few last years Dx outpaced completely ogl and only recently ogl group managed to fill some holes.

Xenich

Cipher
That won't happen. People can't install one Os let alone another one.
But they don't relly need to. API is created to handle that.

Only Ogl is completely open but kronos group got shit ton of flack for their delays of new revisions. Few last years Dx outpaced completely ogl and only recently ogl group managed to fill some holes.

Thing is, you don't need them to do anything. My mother is completely computer Illiterate. She knows nothing about computers. To her, they are alien devices, but... she can install a fresh OS as simple as a baby batting a hanging toy above them. I automated everything. It installs without need of any attention other than the standard "face roll" (ie hit a button, any button). Now I know it isn't as entirely as simple as such, but... these days it is pretty simply to query the hardware and setup the system. Keep in mind, that with a game OS, you don't need all the crap available to an OS. You only need the narrow aspects to which are required to run a game, and to do so... entirely for that game. Besides, I can hand you an Unbuntu USB flash stick and you don't have to do anything but turn your machine on to get a fully functional OS.

User idiocy has no bearing. As long as they aren't hitting their computer with a hammer, this can easily be done. The API is... lacking... especially for windows. You can't say that an API running within an OS is the same as a separate OS designed specifically and only for the game is the same. You know they are not even close. The point of a game OS is that the entire purpose of its design is for games, to make them faster, more efficient, etc... An OS like Windows and others aren't concerned with such. They have other focuses, other attentions and so because of such, you will never achieve the level of power and efficiency as you would for a specifically tailored product. So APIs are in a way like a weekend expert compared to the real expert that lives the topic day in and day out.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
K. Give a drunkard a brief of how the patch changes the feel of things, if at alll. At the moment, can not read all the shit that's been posted here.

Xenich

Cipher
K. Give a drunkard a brief of how the patch changes the feel of things, if at alll. At the moment, can not read all the shit that's been posted here.

You that inebriated? Seriously, if you can't read the patch notes, how the hell are you even able to play the game with any meaning?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ha, so the tenebrium ability is now a hard requirement tax. How awful, though not quite as awful as it was before. It should have been a talent.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Most of the great talents have been nerfed so far that you could easily fit in a tenebrium talent as soon as get the handling unlock. Unless you want to put in extra requirements and complicate everything further, it's better off as a skill.

hiver

I havent updated the game yet. It will take a day. Very slow connection im running on.
If you are asking me.

Im not expecting much but, well see.

You that inebriated? Seriously, if you can't read the patch notes, how the hell are you even able to play the game with any meaning?

Not what he said.

agris

Arcane
Patron
some steam-tard said:
Kiril 36 minutes ago
Awesome but it would be so much better with voice acting instead having to read everything. I have never really got far in the game or even 1/4 of the way due to me not really having fun reading every single thing. It makes the game VERY dull for me :/ Please make an update where you add voice acting.

:flamesaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom