Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

hiver

It will be done when its done. Making any deadlines is pointless.

- checked today, dynamic camera can be switched off in the options. I think that was actually introduced in a previous patch but i stopped playing much last few months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does anyone know what the deadline is for the Hard Mode? Has there been some roadmap? I couldn't find any more information even on official forums... wish they'd return to their transparent development model

All their estimates in the past have been way off, so no. I would expect it before July; I doubt it's going to take more than a year since release.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Despite the derpy writing, I'm looking forward to finally playing this with hard mode.

How was your first foray into D:OS hiver?

hiver

Well... i wanted to deinstall wasteland2 and somehow i miss-clicked, (my mouse is old so it makes two clicks instead of one until i slam it over the desk a few times...) so i deinstalled OS instead.
Probably for the best because i had it on since beta and the editor was also doing all kinds of strange stuff.

Just installed everything again.
I think i still have the old saves but i wonder should i start over. As far as i see the last changes would have more effect in the second half of the game.

Ive played it too much as SP so thats why im looking for some co-op testing.
Its kinda fun just leaving connections open and getting random visitors but thats not very consistent.

whatevername

Arcane
I've gotten to lvl 6 with a solo knight (no lone wolf) and a crafter who just sits in town or loots chests w/ lucky charm when it's safe to do. At this point my char is getting :dead:without using lame tricks like luring mobs to the gates or into the trap house or killing 1 mob and teleporting out to another pyramid. The game is ridiculously hard now :badnews:so I'm gonna try the same chars but both of them will get lone wolf.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is this game in its final form yet? Steam just posted a 40% off sale and I'm tempted. But I'd rather wait if there are significant patches still in process.

SniperHF

Arcane
So is this game in its final form yet?

No.

Play it now anyway. I really don't think it's gonna change the experience much. Hardcore will be nice and offer different encounters. But the balancing patches? Meh. It's a game easily broken by an exploding barrel or 30 and that won't change no matter what they do. Unless you just have to have the hardcore encounters you should play now.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

No.

Play it now anyway. I really don't think it's gonna change the experience much. Hardcore will be nice and offer different encounters. But the balancing patches? Meh. It's a game easily broken by an exploding barrel or 30 and that won't change no matter what they do. Unless you just have to have the hardcore encounters you should play now.

Larian also said they were going to tune the content, dialogue and some other elements didnt they?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

No.

Larian also said they were going to tune the content, dialogue and some other elements didnt they?
Hmmm, thanks guys. I shouldn't be spending more $ now anyway. I'll stick with the backlog. :brofists:

SniperHF

Arcane

That's true but it remains to be seen if it's for the better. For example one of the main complaints Larian seemed to latch on to is the issue of players running into enemies too high a level. But the only reason they did that is because they were too dumb to turn around and find somewhere else to go. OMG I CAN'T KILL THESE SPIDERS THIS GAME BLOWS WAAAAAH. When they were just too dumb to walk off another path and come back to it.

Luculla Forrest has some issues but what D:OS doesn't need is more heavy handedness on what areas to tackle in what order. But I think that's what is coming.

hiver

- edit - sorry i was wrong, they did say that. its ongoing.

But the balancing patches? Meh. It's a game easily broken by an exploding barrel or 30 and that won't change no matter what they do. Unless you just have to have the hardcore encounters you should play now.
There are no exploding barrels past the first half of first map, Cysael. - or very few. And they dont always help either.

For example one of the main complaints Larian seemed to latch on to is the issue of players running into enemies too high a level. But the only reason they did that is because they were too dumb to turn around and find somewhere else to go. OMG I CAN'T KILL THESE SPIDERS THIS GAME BLOWS WAAAAAH. When they were just too dumb to walk off another path and come back to it.
Isnt it a great feeling when you strawman imaginary people to make yourself feel better, eh?

It is true that some people cannot properly articulate what is bothering them about it. But thats certainly not what the issue is about.

D:OS doesn't need is more heavy handedness on what areas to tackle in what order.
And according to who is heavy handedness what they will do?

And you dont like more of it? What was then the heavy handednes that you disliked? What form did it take?

- ninja edited-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think Sven said on one of the kickstarter updates they are changing the way the story was presented because they weren't happy with it and they were passing over each combat encounter on the game to rebalance the content and that this may take some time. I think it was one of the last updates.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think Sven said on one of the kickstarter updates they are changing the way the story was presented because they weren't happy with it and they were passing over each combat encounter on the game to rebalance the content and that this may take some time. I think it was one of the last updates.
If Larian bothered to write more things out rather than record videos, it would really help disseminate info.

Norfleet

:so I'm gonna try the same chars but both of them will get lone wolf.
I don't think there's any reason NOT to have both of them take Lone Wolf, if any of them does. Once one character does, you've already lost the option to use minions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had lone wolf on one guy and was still able to drag that archer-person along. Bear's Daughter or whatever.

Norfleet

Something musta changed, then. I remember I tried it to see what would happen, and immediately lost both minions.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
There was that dog in the Cyseal cemetery that tells you can bring items from suspects so he can sniff them. I tried to drag and drop a cloth on him and the game engine translated this into an attack with a throwing weapon and not only the dog attacked me, but the whole town.

:killit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom