Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

agris

Arcane
Patron
I hope they're being cautious and methodical about their expansion. Over extending yourself is such a common way for companies to fail, and Sven can't be at all locations all the time.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Any news about that content patch that is supposed to be coming I'm anxious to finally play the bloody game.

Perkel

Arcane
they should go full CDPR.

Divinity: original Sin enchanced edition. Many changes + some new content

everything for free and watch again game on first place steam charts.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
they should go full CDPR.

Divinity: original Sin enchanced edition. Many changes + some new content

everything for free and watch again game on first place steam charts.

If they finish the partial rewrite, rebalance, etc. it's going to be a Director's Cut/Enhanced/GOTY edition. Additional rebranding would generate a lot more publicity of course (they've already done that with the other Divinity games IIRC).

Perkel

Arcane
yes that is my thinking. Releasing just patch would quickly go down where labeling it enchanced edition would give strong boost.

GOTY edition though... i don't know. People buy GOTY editions to get all dlc and buy game cheap where something like enchanced edition is to improve game.
think dragon knight saga earlier larian game.

Lios

Cipher
is the enemy capoeira skills in battle thing fixed with the latest patch?

Supernomz

Literate
Pretty late to the party, picked D:OS up a couple of weekends ago for the Steam Weekend Sale.

I ended my first save file about 3 hours in, after recruiting Jahan to my fighter+archer party. I realized I wanted a wizard+archer after using Jahan for a while, because two Teleport spells seemed really useful and really fun. Now exploring east Cysael, with Jahan and Madora, and having a lot of fun, especially with spreading around elemental effects with water and oil.

However I feel like I cheated my self for not sticking with my fighter+archer combo; the magic abilities are just so damn fun to use and exploit.

Also, Animal Talking makes me roll my eyes in a good way.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pretty late to the party, picked D:OS up a couple of weekends ago for the Steam Weekend Sale.

I ended my first save file about 3 hours in, after recruiting Jahan to my fighter+archer party. I realized I wanted a wizard+archer after using Jahan for a while, because two Teleport spells seemed really useful and really fun. Now exploring east Cysael, with Jahan and Madora, and having a lot of fun, especially with spreading around elemental effects with water and oil.

However I feel like I cheated my self for not sticking with my fighter+archer combo; the magic abilities are just so damn fun to use and exploit.

Also, Animal Talking makes me roll my eyes in a good way.
I rolled an archer. I felt she was weak at first, but in mid-game, she was doing some serious damage. It also helped that she got all the fire and earth spells.

thexsa

Educated
walloftext
I rolled an archer. I felt she was weak at first, but in mid-game, she was doing some serious damage. It also helped that she got all the fire and earth spells.

Charm is broken. Only skill that matters for Archers. The -5 Willpower from Witch-spells, which can't even be resisted, into Charm is pretty damn strong. You can even have two charm skills if you go into scoundrel too with Archer, since both of them are dexterity based(lol what? dexterity based skill triggering willpower save seems retarded as f).

whatevername

Arcane
Charm is broken. Only skill that matters for Archers. The -5 Willpower from Witch-spells, which can't even be resisted, into Charm is pretty damn strong. You can even have two charm skills if you go into scoundrel too with Archer, since both of them are dexterity based(lol what? dexterity based skill triggering willpower save seems retarded as f).
Or you could "play" 1 archer like this:
sneak-shoot-sneak-shoot-sneak-end turn
shoot-sneak-shoot-sneak-end turn
shoot-sneak-shoot DAMMIT MISCLICK RELOAD-sneak-end turn
win

Lios

Cipher
Divinity Original Sin is something to make you smile.
As someone already mentioned, it's full of details that convince even the most hardass of us that this is a work of love.
Of course more people will play Dragon age Circumcision instead of it but this is expected cause this is what we are.

I don't care about the game's supposeδ weaknesses.
I found no weakness except for capoeira enemies
and maybe paper scissor shit but it's ok anyway.

All in all: money fuckin well spent and not only that,
but an amazingly awesome game.

Jezal_k23

That was actually what I thought when I first started it, before experiencing the more iffy areas/elements the game had to offer. Still, good game I suppose. Great even, perhaps.

Anyway, if you just recently started playing it, enjoy your delight while it lasts. It's good that the game actually managed to fill me with joy like that when I started it.

Lios

Cipher
The last two battles before the finale were more of a nuissance rather than an epic confrontation.
Plus I'm sick of seeing dragons or dragon variables in videogames.
Seriously use your imagination screw dragons we've had enough already.
Or maybe you can imagine that the dragon is the reptilian part of the brain so the whole void bussiness takes another form.

It's true that by the time I arrived at Hunter's Edge I was pretty tired of the game and the whole affair was dull.
Except maybe for the big brawl of orcs vs humans.
Phantom Forest and Source Temple exterior had some nice battles though and it was funny seeing my pyromaniac/hydrosophist battlemage motherfucker owning pretty much everything.
That mute Irish at first was the most pussy skinhead I've ecer seen,
some levels and change of equipment later though it became a backstabbing killing machine, rather impressive.

Sound was spot on for the general atmosphere
visuals ok
damn I hope Pillars of Eternity is as good as this game.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I agree fully with Lios, Divinity:OS was my best crpg purchase for the last year, alongside with Xulima [im shocked by this title - if both DoS and Xulima will join together it will be crpg for years] , Grimrock 2, Inquisition and Underrail and both excellent Shadowruns.
Game which was total let down for me was Blackguards - totally flat and dull crpg.
Only real flaw with D:OS for me is: too many battles [but they are fun as hell to play to be true], and story lacks more sidequests and little more "dynamic" world - after all - game is for "one" run .

This year must have are Pillars, Witcher 3 and maybe ME4, alongside with Age of Decadence and maybe some other.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So a wannabe Skyrim is acceptable for monocled gentlemen, but not Bio's new abomination? Come on...

Bradylama

Arcane
Is there any fix for the stuttering camera? I've already tried disabling texture streaming but the game crashes immediately.

Never mind, it sort of just went away.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom