Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Lios

Cipher
bandiera yes my italian is rusty :)

hiver

Maybe they couldnt do the Linux version without Italian localization in the code.

Lios

Cipher
i'm listening to it now, haha.. fucking communists, how do they work ^^

well they're communists, you love that they stay the same, you hate most of everything else still you hope for this shit to work
and then you die :P

Aenra

stay the same

wrong thread, and even if i could, i would not into GD. So this and just this:
to affirm that any notion, state or entity in or off its self remains "the same", one must first acknowledge a state with which to contrast it. It as in the concrete, immutable state, the anxiom. One cannot give weight to that [it] without affirming (and as such giving credence) to the existence of its opposite, ie evolution, progression. To deny, you must first acknowledge. To acknowledge, you must first evolve. Or transcend. No such thing as staying the same. Even for reds.

but a common misconception;
try (no offense meant) to read 'Specters of Marx' by Derrida
if you cannot into that, i recommend many, many Eugene O'neill plays

Lios

Cipher
stay the same

wrong thread, and even i fi could, i would not into GD. So this and just this:
to affirm that any notion, state or entity, in or off its self remains "the same", one must first acknowledge "a" state upon which to contrast it with. It as in the concrete, immutable state, the anxiom. One cannot give weight to that without affirming (and as such giving credence) to the existence of its opposite, ie evolution, progression. To deny, you must first acknowledge. To acknowledge, you must evolve. No such thing as staying the same. Even for reds.

but a common misconception;
try (no offense meant) to read 'Specters of Marx' by Derrida
if you cannot into that, i recommend many, many Eugene O'neill plays

most probably we're in the same boat man, it's the hopes for the reds. or maybe the non hopes, dunno.
even if I haven't read that book by Derrida
offtopic as it is

hiver

The latest patch doesnt make the game any harder then it was. There is no perceptible difference in any combat scenarios.

hiver

As long as they keep the system where level difference affects chance to hit, it will be the same no matter what they do, add or change besides that.

Cadmus

Arcane
As long as they keep the system where level difference affects chance to hit, it will be the same no matter what they do, add or change besides that.
Well, I can imagine the enemy teleporting your party one by one into a lava pit. It's not like there aren't any options to give to the AI.

hiver

You will never see that because the target audience would scream and cry. Even if it was done it wouldnt make any difference. Only make matter worse. ... - Because then youd have some occasional high level enemies who you cannot hit, but who teleport you into fire.

Aenra

Unless they are scraping way too much code, which i doubt, as they are reaaaally behind on things, i expect to see some bloating finding its way in. I do however hope that since they are already late, they might as well go for doing it right;
Since no one's talking, could be anything really.

What i am happy to know is that this being their own engine, all current hurdles are to their benefit; ie in terms of the two future titles
- they will no longer need to beg Linux for alterations and patch releases. Cost them months just waiting on them. Has already happened, so hopefully no time and money lost in order to port over the next two games
- same with Mac OS, last few issues they had with memory consumption and low frames will have been sorted
- edit: same goes for Xbone, assuming it happens
- whatever the quality of sound+score, it first has to play properly. They know what they did wrong, so again, should be set for the future
- they know the editor was a touch too complicated (and undocumented) ((and limited because of that)) so they will have both engine and editor shipped for it improved before the next ones are out
- their team has had some experience working with one another and the inhouse engine, which is very important. Especially considering how much they expanded it. Efficiency, time, et al

Happy as in well..in the future, we should theoretically be expecting a lot more time wasted on features and gameplay rather than on the tech side of things. To be seen.
A lot of people saw D:OS as Larian's baptism by fire, but i personally disagree. In terms of surviving, they've had it since BD. In terms of showcasing their "true" potential? For me it will be in the next one. They took their decisions, have had the time to iterate and improve. They also got enough money to have no 'indie' excuse/eponym anymore. So excluding the possibility of a failed future KS, i will be expecting to see just what they are capable of doing. Or not.

(i loved D:OS, for all its flaws. It made me run U7 again, which says something :P So i can only imagine how better their next one could be. Could. See for example W2. Plenty of hype, just don't dig too deep, might make you sour)

p.s. and no, not forgetting the whole night/day circle debacle. Just willing to make excuses for them, based on the rest of game as i experienced it. I do not see me doing this again though :)

hiver

The editor is not complicated but buggy - malfunctioning in different ways across different hardware and they just left modders to fuck themselves, issuing basic tutorials and sparse documentation late or never. Thats its biggest problem.

I can understand that they were burned out or whatever the fuck was the reason for it, but they never explained any of it. The communication looks more and more like how inXile does it - i.e there is none, while they of course demand of me to post nicely on their shit infested forums, on which they never appear.

Aenra

well if i'm allowed an opinion, and i do mean no offense, you actually should post in a.. bit more polite a manner :)
we even managed to argue (though i admit it was in a civil manner) despite agreeing on the topic at hand, lol..plus, when you're not angry, you usually have something constructive to say. Can get lost, tone depending

but i agree on the lack of communication; It's worrying, more so in light of that GDC (?) presentation, where Swen said streams and lives are just not worth the time. Might be on a financial scale, but communities are also of import here..
i hope (i say that a lot regarding modern RPGs, don't i) that it's simply because he's been busy as fuck travelling back and forth, organising the new office in Canada and so on.

Stabbey

Learned
Is there any possible ETA on the rebalance patch? Itching for a replay as well :O

Swen Vincke said:
You have no idea - we really overdid it. Let us first finish it - then we'll announce. Still some months to go though.
(source)

"Still some months to go" is unfortunately the latest ETA for the rebalancing patch. You might as well replay it now, because you'll probably be done well before the patch comes out.

I'm actually doing a replay now, I'm trying an experiment: a mage who boosts Speed and Movement and focuses on close and touch-range spells. So far I'm only up to level 8, but it's interesting. There aren't a lot of spells good for close range, so that leaves me with a lot of spell slots free, and with the downtime between spell cooldowns, I can use utility spells and buff teammates.

One advantage is that most of the touch-range spells are hard CC with a base 100% success chance, costing only 3 AP. With Far Out Man, it extends the range of them to 5 m, which is pretty useful when combined with high Movement, letting me stay outside of AoO range.

Aenra

oo, thanks Stabbey, much appreciated :)

[i won't bitch about twitter and myspace and youtube, when we have fora, nope, no bitching. The joys of the brave new world and everything]

hiver

Mind your own fucking business. I wasnt talking to you.
Cant remember the nickname from larian forums anyway, if thats what you meant to say.

They dont need to "communicate" through streams and shit. They should be down in the forums helping modders directly. Thats communication in normal world.

Only in game dev it means there is only one side talking and the other doing something else and lying about "listening" for PR points or when it fits them and when they need help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aenra

Mind your own fucking business. I wasnt talking to you

i do mind my own business. Since this is a public venue and not your back yard, i was just politely (read: well meant intentions) trying to pinpoint something others have already, and in far less kind a manner;
namely that your emotional immaturity combined with your inability to grasp that conversing -//- insulting has elevated you to a whole new level. One evidenced by your dumbfuck tag further reinforced by replies such as the one i quote here. While they did work wonders in say, primary school?, we, no strike that; most of us, have kinda moved past them. I mean..'i wasn't talking to you'? What do you think this is, your living room? :)

you can always either ignore me/people in advance (figuratively or literally), or present your arguments and move on. But feel free to keep this up if it elevates your spirits in any a way.

edit: like i see you just did in the PoE thread

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom