Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Free for all current owners

Hello Everyone!

Today we are very excited to announce Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC, Mac, SteamOS and Linux. This isn't just some patch or minor content update to the game you all know and (hopefully) love; it's a whole new experience! With controller support, local co-op with split screen, fully voiced characters, a totally reworked story (with a brand new ending), and much more, we're very proud to finally be able to share what we've crafted here at Larian.

In the update video below, Swen reveals a little more about the fantastic new features you can look forward to in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

We've also included controller support on PC, so now you can kick back and explore Rivellon from the comfort of your sofa with Steam's Big Picture. We've put a lot of effort into streamlining the experience and have designed a slick, new UI that makes playing with a controller just as intuitive and fun as playing with mouse and keyboard.

As well as local co-op, split screen and controller support, the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • Entirely new gameplay modes and character builds
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!
A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin. This is a reflection of our immense gratitude to all of you. We deeply appreciate your support, and the feedback we received from you helped us create and polish this game into something that we're extremely proud of.

A Whole New Game

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is a completely separate game: not an update to Divinity: Original Sin. Both games will remain available on PC and Mac, and it is important to note that they are totally different entities, so if you've already bought Original Sin you'll see separate listings for Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library. This means that saved games can't be transferred from Divinity: Original Sin to the Enhanced Edition. This is largely because of the technical changes we've made to how the game looks and feels, but the story has also been rewritten so heavily that most saved games would no longer be compatible with the plot. (After all, it wouldn't make sense to load a game in which you're halfway through a quest line that's been replaced with something different.)

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

When Can We Play?

As Swen says: "When? When it's ready!" We are committed to giving you the best possible experience and we will not compromise on quality, so it's going to take as long as it'll take. But watch this space, the release date is coming soon!

Are You Ready For E3?

We are! At E3 we'll be sharing much more about Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition's features and gameplay, including the much-anticipated new modes of play.

More background?

Then check out Swen’s blog. He talks about how we came to make the Enhanced Edition and why it’s such an important part of our future plans. In the mean time, if you want more about what we're up to, check out our forums, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
  • Coming for consoles
  • Gamepad controls
  • FREE for errone who already owns D:OS

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
important tech info:

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I knew a console version was coming. Will buy the PS4 version to play it with my brother and support Larian.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
  • Coming for consoles
  • Gamepad controls
  • FREE for errone who already owns DOS

Meh
Meh
Yes!
Yes!
YES!
Meh
Meh
Yes!

Though, what does this mean for Hardcore Patch? That for non EE DOS still in play? Maybe Entirely new gameplay modes cover that...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Volrath, a bit GD, but in the video, Swen says "In Dutch we say", and not "In Flemish we say". Is that normal?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Why so copycat of Fargo? Or should we pester all of the devs now so they develop the console-ported enhanced editions? Like, Age of Decadance: EE? Underrail: EE? Grimoire: EE?

Well, anyhow, that's just another opportunity for me to make an awesomely detailed video and attract some more subs. SUBS FOR THE SUB THRONE!!!

Doktor Best

Arcane
Why so copycat of Fargo? Or should we pester all of the devs now so they develop the console-ported enhanced editions? Like, Age of Decadance: EE? Underrail: EE? Grimoire: EE?

Well, anyhow, that's just another opportunity for me to make an awesomely detailed video and attract some more subs. SUBS FOR THE SUB THRONE!!!

Because its the right thing to do. Console versions will flush in some money and we get a superior product for free because we deserve it. You can hate fargo all you want but with the enhanced edition of wasteland2 he turned out to stay pure from the moneygrabbing disease, something i didnt expect initially to be honest.

Arkeus

Arcane
Fargo is copycat of Swen- Swen did it first for the other Divinity titles.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Heavily re-written story...
Should have called the game something else IMO.

Divinity: -new subtitle-
Divinity: Enhanced Sin? :cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Swen was actually talking about porting D:OS to consoles before inXile came out with the news about the Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is why you wait for EE with early acces and kickstarer games, meaning final version, just look at wasteland 2 and now this.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hate to be reposting the same shit over again, but I am getting pretty tired of paying for beta-testing games.

Sadly, gaming companies have understood that in the age of digital sales and short attention spans, re-releasing the games as enhanced editions / director's cuts / definitive editions / etc. grants them additional notability and income for relatively small effort, so this trend will continue. And what is more, these are not always free upgrades (luckily this time it is free).

EDIT: Swen claims in his blog that this not a low-effort upgrade. I want to believe. :ufoposter:

-------------------

what they say - what it actually means:

early access - first playable build
release - alpha
release + day 1 patch - beta
release + three months of patching - gold
enhanced edition - actual release

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom