Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Or maybe whoever posted that has been thinking about their super secret crowdfunding project with Deep Silver. :troll:

No. Please, no.

Frozen

Arcane
Maybe its a little thing but I would like the most if they made more portraits in EE so it would fit the character you create.

Aenra

Maybe its a little thing but I would like the most if they made more portraits in EE so it would fit the character you create.

I'd love that myself; not a little thing at all in my book. Ok, you can find custom portraits and import them, but unless you have the skills/patience to make them yourself chances are the toon you want made will not entirely match his ingame portrait. Won't even go on taking this further, extra appearance options, wardrobe system and so on.. (yes i know, at least they have dyes. No, it was actually disappointing as, half-assed as they are, they do not really allow for what could have been. Two thirds of the work already in and left to what? A one-channel only recolouring. But definitely a good step)
It goes back to customisation and personalising, to whatever extent possible. A buzzword by now, but always an immershun killer for me. Has been a constant complain of mine as far back as i can remember;

Bleeding shame that something as mainstream as MMOs are (by now) miles ahead in this department. Obviously for hardcore-wannabe Dexers and related basement dwellers this is all peanuts and hipsterish, but just as twenty years back, so and now do i wonder just HOW roleplaying never seemed to encompass the superficial/visual element as much as it (purported) to encompass everything else. Yes, superficial. But still, it's only two things you stare at from beginning to end. The UI and your toons back. When that "back" consists of a light purple robe/long shirt, a deep blue helmet and a yellow shield all mashed together, call me fucking picky for being annoyed by it :)

p.s. much as i've trashed W2, to their credit, their portrait system was awesome. Snapshots were a great idea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So that's the soft release date, October 27th? Cool. I've been trying to pester larian/swen on twitter about it for the past few months to no avail lol.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gamescom trailer is here.

Today, celebrate the Gamescom 2015 kick-off as Larian's Studios' multi-award winner Divinity Original Sin unveils the Overview Trailer of its Enhanced Edition, which brings the famous classic-RPG to PS4 and Xbox One this fall.

In a first for current generation consoles, Divinity: Original Sin is bringing couch-coop to RPGs with split-screen. Explore a deceitfully vibrant world on your own, or with a friend, together, or independently. When venturing together, you'll share the same screen-space (with console-comfortable controls and UI!), but move apart, and the screen dynamically and seamlessly splits allowing you to explore the entire world apart... (But that could make the living room awkward!)

Work together, however, and Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will offer you dynamic, turn-based combat with a range of elemental spells and abilities intertwined with environmental hazards to be exploited against the enemies, or yourselves! Shock, burn, smash, and poison your way through a huge, vibrant world as you weave your way through an epic story, playing your own way, and at your own pace.

To suit different playstyles, players will be able to pick a difficulty setting to match their needs. Explorer mode will offer an adventure with a sprinkle of challenge for Source Hunters keen to explore Rivellon, whereas Tactician Mode will throw tweaked, hand-crafted battle-situations at players, designed to crush even the most experienced Divinity veterans.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
it's about time someone did away with the retarded misconception that TB = slow.

No matter how quick or involved it is, there will always be some goon complaining about how it's too slow.

IME D:OS battles were pretty long (some near the end extremely long) but that's fine.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The problem with modern TB games is that you spend most of the time watching animations unfold. I always found that p. annoying about JRPGs

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
and then you misclick cause your character idle animation moved some pixels.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What the hell kind of game is that next to them? Some old man and his androgyne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom