Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does exist a triple A hi-budget game post 2000 that codexians loved?

Ebonsword

Arcane
As for the thread, yes, quite a few, post 2000 is very broad. Post 2010 though is much more debatable. Having played them recently I can say that both the newest 2D Rayman games are pretty damn good.

Agreed, post-2010 is a more interesting question than post-2000.

As for post-2010 AAA games that Codexers actually liked, I'd say that Metal Gear Solid 5 and Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor might qualify?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Mirror's Edge.
Beyond Good & Evil.
Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time

And on the other side of the looking glass :

Okami.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Ico.
Final Fantasy IX.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Personally, i think 2000 is too early. 2003 or even 2005 would have been a better breaking point. So much so that i only considered modern games, which is why i mentioned Dark Souls. Surely, we can't speak of a true age of decline when stuff like Dues Ex was still being released.

I think people's definition of high budget AAA needs a little tweaking. ToEE, Arcanum, Arx? Really?

DramaticPopcorn

Liking DA:O is the sign that this place has gone down the shitter

pippin

ME2 has more fun than ME1.
Its story is shittier though. At least the companions are better. Sans token nigger ofc.

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't know if Dark Souls is "high Budget" but codexers like it.
Dishonored
Mass Effect 2
New Vegas
The Witcher series
Overwatch
Battlefield
Chaos theory
Mirrors edge

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Past 2000 is very broard. That's 16 years of RPGs.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Skyrim. While I disagree with some of the design choices they made (many of which carried over from Oblivion, really), I still had a lot of fun with it.

I also really liked Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Baldurs Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal, both of which I've seen generally praised around here and as far as I know was high budget for Q4 2000 and 2001.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom