Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Does Ocarina of Time get better?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Falksi

Arcane
This is the opposite of how I felt. A Link to The Past is a simpler game in basically every measurable way. If the puzzles seemed tougher, it must have been a product of being younger when you played ALTTP. I played it after having finished Ocarina and Majora and everything seemed pretty obvious, especially compared to MM.

That's a fair shout actually. I'll replay both over the next few months, and see if it changes my POV.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ocarina felt really watered down after LTTP.
This is the opposite of how I felt. A Link to The Past is a simpler game in basically every measurable way. If the puzzles seemed tougher, it must have been a product of being younger when you played ALTTP. I played it after having finished Ocarina and Majora and everything seemed pretty obvious, especially compared to MM.

Thoughts on ALBWs?

I liked it more than LTTP even though it's nearly an expansion pack.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Ocarina felt really watered down after LTTP.

Thoughts on ALBWs?

I liked it more than LTTP even though it's nearly an expansion pack.
Never played it. I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the original Gameboy, sadly.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
No. Unless you are a shithead it sucks at the start, middle, end, and everything in between. The fact that monkeys with shit taste claim it one of the greatest games ever is a testament to this. If you like chopping grass in games over and over or playing music in games or super simple and easy combat the next logical development would be punching trees for wood and Stardew Valley and Dark Souls.

OP should switch to emulating OoT3D instead given complaints about the graphics, if not for the texture/model improvements then at least for the higher framerate and improved animations, runs fine on a potato too. The fact that 2 of the 4 item buttons are then mapped to the touchscreen may be a bit of a pain, but you hardly ever need to use more than 2 at once anyway, just map the screen-swapping hotkey to an unused button on your gamepad.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom