Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline >doesn't scale to your le-

Say, surprised nobody noticed it: The Codex banner is, for some reason, partly behind the gog.com banner.
So we can only read what shows in the thread title. Fix?

(also I swear the troll is the same for months, I thought it changed automatically?)

Lorica

Educated
...ALT + SPACE + X? Stop using a screen 12 cms wide?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Either you are blind and browse with an insane amount of zoom or you need a monitor made in the last two decades.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Screenshot and it did happen.

a2xuURZ.png

Grim Monk

Arcane
Screenshot and it did happen.

a2xuURZ.png

Here is what I think happened:

Your screenshot shows that your running Fallout minimized, your computer has lowered the Resolution to whatever you're playing the game at.

I just lowered my Res to 800x600 and got the same sort of problem.

As for the Codex Troll, its now interactive.
You click on it to "roll", and it will change to another picture/number.

Last edited:

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture

It was always interactive, but it used to automatically roll on a new page. As it is now, only people who click on the troll get to experience the wealth of illustrations submitted by whats-his-name; Bethesda would weep.

Here is what I think happened:

Your screenshot shows that your running Fallout minimized, your computer has lowered the Resolution to whatever you're playing the game at.

I just lowered my Res to 800x600 and got the same sort of problem.

Nah, I exited the game and it still persisteth. I've been seeing the banner like that for, dunno since when, probably since I started to use this machine, it just bothered me now.}

Also, why we still have a Chaos Chronicles banner? Should display a grave instead.

Hello 1995!

Hello netbook, more like.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm on a 1024x768 university computer, and there's the same problem. Weird. Can't take a screenie here.
I will see if I can log on another computer with a big monitor in a few hours, then report if it continues the same.
Dude, codex layout scales to the width of your resolution.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Happens on my netbook too. Doesn't happen on my desktop. Netbook screens are small and have issues displaying stuff on websites that have lots of stuff. News at 11.

Stabwound

Arcane
Well, you guys can remove the Chaos Chronicles forum link now and everything should be fine for netbook users again. :smug:

1024x600 on netbooks should have never been the standard. What an incredibly useless resolution, and people that get them probably have no clue why half their shit overlaps and they can barely see anything.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1024x600 on netbooks should have never been the standard. What an incredibly useless resolution, and people that get them probably have no clue why half their shit overlaps and they can barely see anything.

At least Linux lets me do some neat things, like make a virtual screen that's 1600x900 in size with a corresponding 1024x600 viewport that pans as the cursor hits the edges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom