Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Dayyālu

Arcane
Can I go AI now? It's not even worth trying to salvage the situation for a game I'm sick of. This is exciting as painting a wall (for me at least).

Maybe I'll do another turn, but it's good etiquette to ask from Mraston permission to go AI.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can I go AI now? It's not even worth trying to salvage the situation for a game I'm sick of. This is exciting as painting a wall (for me at least).

Maybe I'll do another turn, but it's good etiquette to ask from Mraston permission to go AI.

fb032b2efd5c26b4caaac41256644dac.jpg

MEN OF GREECE! Your message arrived too late to save some of your warriors, but perhaps not too late to save your people. As the ruler of Scythia, I come to you with a proposal. Accept our offer of vassalage and you can retain much of what you own, as well as our protection. Some southern holdings will necessarily be claimed for the good of the realm, but KNOW THIS: Fighting with us will bring your people honor and glory, against will bring them pain and misery.

Everything south of this line will be ours by conquest. The rest will be returned to Greece.
SrcY8sm.jpg

Dayyālu will become a Horse Lord of status equal to all but the King of Scythia.

accolade_by_edmund_blair_leighton.jpg

The terms of the treaty would be as follows:

Vassal will renounce any and all ongoing treaties with other nations.
Direct confrontation between vassal and liege is forbidden.
Vassal will pay a modest yearly sum of 100 gold farthings to the liege.
Vassal will get protection and support from liege upon request(within reason).
Vassal will have a say in all future diplomatic negotiations, becoming a Lord of Scythia.
Vassal and liege will share victory for all intents and purposes, should victory arise.
No Trickery.

The treaty is before you, to sign or ignore.

il_570xN.369216201_5xji.jpg

The choice is yours.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
ochkvkqnmv.jpg

KoolNoodles

You have betrayed our agreements, Scythians. First C'tis, and now the nearly destroyed Arcoscephale! By allying with our enemies, you became one yourself. Therodos will no longer support Sauromatia.

Thread lightly from now on, for the Curse of the Dead Ones is now upon thee.

Mraston

Learned

Sure man, go for it.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey Mraston, pretty sure hoverdog needed an extension until Monday. Not sure if you've been following the away time thread or will see this in time.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm sure hoverdog won't be upset too much.

After all, a stale only makes the challenge more fun.

One, yes. Three, no.

wzlmqd.png

"What the heck?!?!?There wasn't a request for further 24 hours?Why the new turn is here?"

I suggest giving the password, as usual, to one or two extra players to avoid such debacles. Not that I care much about this game, but half of the players staling is rather.... well.... improper.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, I was pretty busy and back of my mind thinking there would be an extension. Didn't really screw anything up, except Machaka got a small jump on me. :)

Edit: I'm now also an admin for this game, so if you have requests you can tag me as well. Usually try to check the notifications a few times a day.

Edit 2: Since I don't really know when exactly hoverdog was supposed to be back "Monday", I'm going to postpone this turn a little bit as I'll be asleep when it would normally host.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
May need to postpone again just FYI.

Edit: I will probably postpone until we hear from hoverdog or he gets his turn in. If he's still away for whatever reason after some more time has passed, perhaps we can look for a sub. Hinnom is in a fine position on this map, gobbling up Marverni.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
tumblr_mwslckQksP1t26my0o1_1280.jpg

A message arrives to the furthest reaches of the realm, once again carried on swift steeds of Scythia.

scroll.jpg

Let it be known to the other Free Men, Ghosts, and Giants of this wretched world: The twisted Spider Lords of Machaka have invaded our lands, unprovoked, when before we had lived in peace. Despite the threat of these monstrosities, we stand defiant. Defiance does not always equal success in a war campaign, however, so we call out to all bold mercenaries of the realm. 50 gold farthings for each dead Spider, and 100 for a Lord! Happy hunting!

What follows is a Scythian artist's rendition of a "Spider", so there can be no mistake.

Elsewhere in the realm, the Horse Lords stir in the inner lands of Scythia and ride out to meet their foe. Retribution will be swift.

436007_1297420668_large.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey Mraston we should probably postpone indefinitely and/or find a sub, I think. It would be a shame to set Hinnom AI(since Marverni is already).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Didn't notice you staling. Then err, sorry bro.
Haha, no problem. I had meant to postpone and see about getting a sub for Hinnom, and then....well, Saturday night happened. Not good for concentration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom