Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hosting postponed to get mondblut situated as the new ruler of Hinnom. If you had any deals with Hinnom(*cough* C'tis *cough*), best to take that up with him instead of picking on the poor AI.

mondblut

Arcane
Free peoples of Thedeserteya! The nation of Hebrewnom has overthrown the warmongering tyrant Stallmoar, and democratically elected the one new leader for one reich of eine volk:

HQxaH0R.png

The Secretary General Moisha Amrávovitch Amravóvitch.

"Oy vey, goyim, we look forward to peaceful coexistence and stuff", said the Secretary General in his inauguration speech.

And all over Hebrewnom, there was much rejoicing:

2075nephil.gif
2076SonOfAzazel.gif
2077SonOfSemyaza.gif
2078SonOfEzekiel.gif

2082SonOfTheFallen.gif
2079SonOfShamshiel.gif
2080SonOfKokabel.gif
2081SonOfArakiel.gif

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Let it be known to the other Free Men, Ghosts, and Giants of this wretched world: The twisted Spider Lords of Machaka have invaded our lands, unprovoked, when before we had lived in peace. Despite the threat of these monstrosities, we stand defiant. Defiance does not always equal success in a war campaign, however, so we call out to all bold mercenaries of the realm. 50 gold farthings for each dead Spider, and 100 for a Lord! Happy hunting!

THIS OFFER STILL STANDS, JUST FYI. :deadhorse:

We are making some progress. No Lords though.

0yzA0v7.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Raid my nation all you want, Sauromatia, and see if I care! But you will never defeat me, THE GOD, in actual battle!

ecrwwwhqdn.jpg

passcbcdws.jpg

Do not expect Therodos to bend the knee before you, like the lesser nations did! We serve no one! And we NEVER FORGIVE! One way or another I will put you down.

Prepare to die for your betrayal!

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah I won't beat your god, but I also don't care about those troop losses. :smug:

Maybe the Enarie, but, well.....I've got 50 others.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Therodos hereby makes a promise of support to nations of Hinnom and Machaka. As long as you fight for your independece, you may ask for whatever help you might need from us. Namely, we can forge most of magical items from Constr4 for the base price minus two gems (frost brands for 3 water gems, etc). Free intel, tactical discussions, cooperational maneuvers - feel free to start diplomacy if your battle spirit is not broken yet. If it is - you might as well sign up as heart companions.

Anything in this world can be fought, can be beaten.

ktnyzcfxjo.jpg

ttjoclsvfu.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think you can cross Machaka off your little list, Therodos(running out of nations to turn to it seems!). :smug:

b9YdBXo.jpg

BTW, C'tis. Don't forget your true enemy in Therodos and true friend in Greece. Would hate to see a repeat of our earlier....umm, skirmish? Slaughter? Lizard suicide pact? Whichever.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I salute your indominable will, leaders of Machaka. :salute:

It's better to find glory in death than to live a miserable life of servitude. Your struggle will end soon, but it will never be forgotten.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'll make you care with time, I swear:argh: Little by little, I will put you and your loyal dogs down!

If only. Let's try to make this short and unpainful as possible: even if C'tis gets uppity and starts raiding (pardon me for the little joke I am going to apply this turn, it's merely a jest) Sauro will sooner or later get a Throne win.

This game was over, I guess, 20 turns ago. Or even at the beginning, Sauro is simply OP with these settings (no offense to KN, he was indeed creative with the resources given).

Let mah Greeks rest in peace, they have nothing to lose. Bar crippling Hinnom, that's always useful.

mondblut

Arcane
The blood of 6 millions will come knocking at your back orifices, heart companions. Of course, being greeks, you must be cherishing the moment.

gaypride-1435590602.jpg

If you don't like gay marriages, join Hebrewnom in this struggle for decency!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
You've got recruit anywhere troops in a no indies game. Why would you need strategy? :lol:

Because I'm fighting two people, probably soon to be 4, and have four times the land as you?

Also recruit anywhere + no indies is overrated, build some forts and you won't have that problem. As you'll notice, maybe, if you have scouts, I built a lot of forts. That has helped me way more than a handful of extra cavalry in some provinces with mountains and/or forests.

Is it nice to have? Sure. But it would also be nice to have giants. Can't have everything! :smug:

Edit: Also postponing for C'tis, just fyi.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Seems like Sauromatia's vassals wage war between themselves. :smug: Certainly doesn't look like a simple province exchange.

One would say that Sauromatia can't keep things under control.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Seems like Sauromatia's vassals wage war between themselves. Certainly doesn't look like a simple province exchange.

One would say that Sauromatia can't keep things under control.

Call me back when you manage to get out of the pond :smug:.

To me, it's a simple province exchange. I simply ordered two or three scouts to take undefended provinces (I mean, not even PD 1? What?) to show that I can easily deal with trespassers. If C'tis wants to ensure my further boredom, I can simply march back the forces from Hinnom, nuke most of his armies, and then get back to containing the giants.

I'd rather prefer to help Sauro with that Throne rush and fuck the pain away than to wage a incredibly annoying war against the Lizard people. So, be gracious and get back to your lands. You can even take back the provinces I got from you.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
When was C'tis ever my vassal? He went rogue long ago. Had easy pickings on giants, and decided maybe that was too easy? Who knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom