Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
After some observations, I'm pretty sure that the longer Pretenders stay dead - the more afflictions they heal. Same as horror marks. My doggie in Decline 9 was ressurected immidiately after death, and only healed one affliction. Meanwhile, I saw people ressurecting their stuff fully healed - you just gotta wait it out.

mondblut

Arcane
C'tis, aren't you attacking in wrong direction? :roll:

This game feels like a job. If I knew I am getting into something with remote summons and no PD, I'd never volunteered. Any other takers? :negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sorry for the postpones guys! I'll get a chance to finish the turn in a few hours. Real life and world events reared up over the weekend and caused me to basically forget about Dominions.

Edit: OK maybe slightly more than a few hours, but tonight for sure. :M

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
R.I.P. Spider Lords, well fought until the bitter end. :salute:

The last of the Great Spiders was cornered in a desolate cave system, off the beaten path, by a group of throwaway mercenaries. The bounty has ended, not that any of you tried. :argh:

7cbea45bc791913c7cd2c9076c5e30d6.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
R.I.P.
UlUEntz.jpg

Coming for you Giants, let us meet in battle.

You'll probably win up there. :greatjob:

diFQNFt.jpg

Heathen monstrosities were sacrificed to the Old Gods this morning. May this offering grant us luck in the coming battles.

K150192-e1381686219787.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Anything to end it.

You and me both, brother. You and me both.

:salute:

If I can ask, why you abandoned the siege of that fortress? nothing inside that could stop your Dawn Guards, and my summons are mostly for dealing with C'tis.

24 defense was left, and inside at least 20 juicy mages!

mondblut

Arcane
If I can ask, why you abandoned the siege of that fortress?

But what was the point of keeping it up? :roll: I understand all too well why hoverdog has skipped his last 6 turns now, lol.

nothing inside that could stop your Dawn Guards, and my summons are mostly for dealing with C'tis.

24 defense was left, and inside at least 20 juicy mages!

I wasn't informed of it. Remember, mondblut does not believe in scouts. Either way that wouldn't change anything. I mostly move my shit at random, retaking whatever lost province is the nearest at the moment. Can't we all just declare Sauromatia winner and be done with it? :negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The God-King of Therodos spent the last month destroying the province of Rotmarsh.

eajtlz.jpg

ybxjfn.jpg

wyizxq.png

Because he was angry. And dying. Blinded by resentment of his forced retreat during the showdown with Agrimpasa, he didn't care about anything anymore.

jibonu.jpg

And then the impossible happened.

bebjxt.jpg

clyfdn.jpg

Ancient Prophesies of Sauromatia foretold this event! And its outcome.

Ideally it would be Agrimpasa vs Great Releaser, alone. She would win

xedrjg.jpg

But what do the prophets know?

hwjgbm.jpg

It almost seemed like Agrimpasa aimed to insult Megalesius.

jqwqny.jpg

But everything comes at a price.

tqsuxf.jpg

For sooner or later, summoning creatures - any types of creatures - exhausts the summoner, be it a mortal or a Pretender God.

ukrtzx.jpg

While the Great Releaser could stomp bugs all year long without getting tired one bit. He suffered not of exhaustion, but of disease.

ujdvfo.jpg

Maybe he was weakened. But he was still a God.

afhkyg.jpg

Now it was his turn to insult.

cmcorl.jpg

Two Pretenders. Two eternal rivals. Two ancient angers.

yozvtf.jpg

Victory in battle was not the main goal here. Megalesius wanted the Gorgon to suffer - to feel what he felt.

zgklaw.jpg

Disease. One that could kill even a God.

rrnyje.jpg

Agrimpasa ran out of breath. Realization striked her - even if she survives the battle, she will die. Succumb to the Telkhine Malediction.

Although, realization was not the only thing that striked the Gorgon.

vrglhg.jpg

The battle was almost at its climax.

odxcth.jpg

Megalesius was on the brink of death. But somehow, he never felt himself so powerful.

pozjsg.jpg

And then it was over.

kadhbl.jpg

The Gorgon used her last bits of strength to escape from the Great Releaser.

mdnggl.jpg

The God of Therodos fell on his knee. Standing on his feet was too difficult. The disease took away his eye. He will die any moment now - that much was clear.

opvjvl.jpg

But he wasn't angry anymore. The God-King of Therodos has finally found peace. With a smile on his face, he slowly walked towards the sea and underneath the waves, to embrace his realm and accept his grave.

For he knew - even though the wounds will never heal and death is unavoidable, Agrimpasa will suffer the same fate. And even though Sauromatia will rule over the realm some day, some people will ALWAYS ask the same questions.

If the Prophesies were true, if Agrimpasa is the Goddess - how could she be defeated by Megalesius?
Why did she escape this day?
Why did she die?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I wanted to fight one on one before the end, and saw a chance. It was probably a silly move. Also, thanks battle AI for burning through fatigue summoning insects, instead of....well, I don't know. :lol:

But, she won't be dying my friend. I've got a stockpile of slaves just in case, and recuperation....

zyCXekf.jpg

Maybe the question will instead be:
How did she regrow her arm and recover from a surely fatal disease, all in a couple months?

She must be the one true god. :smug:

Edit: Both ending on 3 HP is kind of cute. :love:

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Let's see how you manage to empower her in blood and use the ritual successfully (which is not guaranteed), with only 3hp left.

:smug:

6 HP :smug: (I don't know why) Edit: She did kill a bunch of Greek birds in the same turn, maybe she ate a particularly fat and regenerative one.

cNONPIZ.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Doesn't recuperation and regeneration mean she never loses HP from diseased? Or it's lowered to something negligible like 1 hp a turn.....

Recuperation means that she has a chance to shake off an affliction every turn; regen has no effect on disease outside of combat. Neither would save her if she had 3hp like I thought. With 6hp - I guess she has a chance, after all.

But I hope it all ends well, and everybody dies.

:M

Dayyālu

Arcane
6 HP :smug: (I don't know why) Edit: She did kill a bunch of Greek birds in the same turn, maybe she ate a particularly fat and regenerative one.

Sorry. Friendly Fire is a danger that may happen.

She can easily regen the wounds in combat (sacreds with Regen often get an insane amount of afflictions thanks to that). The easier thing would be to set-up a friendly fight with his dear Disciple in a province near a Lab, with both armies set to gain maximum regen.

As long as you have N, death for disease can be avoided. Crippling afflictions, not so much.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
A short play, in three acts. This is how I experienced it.

Act 1:
GRsHrHv.jpg

Act 2:
S1QQpuq.jpg

Act 3:
y7Xy9vV.jpg

giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom