Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM Manager *new stuff*

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Not sure, but its possible. I'm on the go atm, I'll check this when I get back home.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Just tested it, it works fine with a trailing slash.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
i checked out the repository and can't find an exe in it
Sorry I could've given a more detailed explanation if you want to run it from source.

Easiest way would be to download an ide that supports maven projects and import it, I personally use Intellij IDEA.

Otherwise get maven from here: http://www.us.apache.org/dist/maven/maven-3/3.3.3/binaries/apache-maven-3.3.3-bin.zip
Extract it in the same folder where you checked out the source and run:
apache-maven-3.3.3/mvn.cmd compile exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=dom4pbem.Dom4PBEM
to start it or:
apache-maven-3.3.3/mvn.cmd package
To generate the exe and jar files.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sorry I could've given a more detailed explanation if you want to run it from source.

Easiest way would be to download an ide that supports maven projects and import it, I personally use Intellij IDEA.

Otherwise get maven from here: http://www.us.apache.org/dist/maven/maven-3/3.3.3/binaries/apache-maven-3.3.3-bin.zip
Extract it in the same folder where you checked out the source and run:
apache-maven-3.3.3/mvn.cmd compile exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=dom4pbem.Dom4PBEM
to start it or:
apache-maven-3.3.3/mvn.cmd package
To generate the exe and jar files.
Code:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Dominions 4 PBEM Manager 0.3
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ dom4pbem ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ dom4pbem ---
[INFO] Compiling 7 source files to /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/target/classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR : 
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[10,25] error: package javafx.application does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[11,25] error: package javafx.collections does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[12,25] error: package javafx.collections does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[13,18] error: package javafx.fxml does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[14,19] error: package javafx.scene does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[15,27] error: package javafx.scene.control does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[16,26] error: package javafx.scene.layout does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[17,26] error: package javafx.scene.layout does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[18,19] error: package javafx.stage does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[19,19] error: package javafx.stage does not exist
[ERROR] /run/media/prj/dom4pbem/src/main/java/dom4pbem/Dom4PBEM.java:[33,30] error: cannot find symbol
etc...

edit
Solution:
Code:
% mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.2.5 (NON-CANONICAL_2015-04-01T06:42:27_mockbuild; 2015-04-01T08:42:27+02:00)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_60, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.60-14.b27.fc22.x86_64/jre 
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.2.3-200.fc22.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
% echo "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_60/jre/" >> ~/.mavenrc
% mvn -v       
Apache Maven 3.2.5 (NON-CANONICAL_2015-04-01T06:42:27_mockbuild; 2015-04-01T08:42:27+02:00)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_60, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_60/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.2.3-200.fc22.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
%

buttslowjdk-1.8.0 does not have the JavaFX extension (whatever that is)

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
buttslowjdk-1.8.0 does not have the JavaFX extension (whatever that is)
Wait why didn't you say that you are running linxu.

JavaFX is the GUI framework in the jdk that "should" replace swing. Anyway the problem is that you are using Openjdk and not the official approved® Oracle™ JDK. in openjdk its a seperate package called openjfx . No idea what distro you are running but some suggestions: Debian Arch

edit:
I guess that
Code:
/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_60/jre
points to the oracle jdk wich would also work.

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Alright I was sick this week and had some free time, so I implemented your request. It is now possible to download all turns for a game and load each of them from the program. Here it is:

v0.3
-Option to download all turns for a game
-Another table with all available turns for the selected game
-A separate button to start Dom4 without loading a game(handy for modded games).
-Some more error messages that I missed before.

Download links
Windows:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.3/dom4pbem.exe

Jar for OSX/Linux:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.3/dom4pbem.jar

Some notes:

Right now downloading and all is done in the main thread of the application and this is especially obvious when you click the download all turns. The program will hang until all turns are downloaded and for some longer running games this would most probably take a couple of minutes. So don't worry it hasn't crashed. In the next version I will move all those operations to separate threads and I'll add progress bars and everything. I would also like to add a tray icon and notifications when there are new turns and stuffies. Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Also I know that it is buttfuck ugly, but I am not really a UI guy, I'll see if I can move stuff around so that it doesn't look like the still born baby of excel and Satan.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Awesome! Thanks again.

Also I know that it is buttfuck ugly, but I am not really a UI guy, I'll see if I can move stuff around so that it doesn't look like the still born baby of excel and Satan.

Yeah, UI's are no fun.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How do I use it with gmail.com? It blocks the program.

ekaesmereo.jpg

Already tried equipping the ring - didn't help.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
uhh I use it with gmail and it works for me.

Let me see if I can figure out whats going on. I'll try to register with a new account.

edit: if you add a game. Do you get a error that the game wasn't found

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yes, I did. I think? Hold on, let me sober up and I'll try it all again.

Nevermind, I think I found the problem, I'll post a new version fixing it shorty. I am retarded its working for me.

So I just registered a new gmail account and tested it and it works for me, so just a stupid question: Do you have the emails with the new turns in this email account, since it looks like a new account that was just created.

To be more precise when you try to add a new game to the program. It checks the email account for the latest message sent from turns@llamaserver.net which contains the name that you entered in the box in the subject plus either of these 3 strings: "New turn file:", "started!" and "Resending turn file:"
and if it doesn't find it you'll get this popup:
NjDDtmt.png

So if its a new email account, change your email address in the admin panel of llamaserver and tell it resend the latest turn and you should be able to add the game.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
No, it's a rather old account. I've been using it for all my Dominions games since Dom 3. Ok, so here is what's happening:

1. I start dis shit and get a hard-on.

vpkkqixdvo.png

Google immidiately sends me a warning, sayin' that somebody tries to fuck me. So far so good.

2. I go to preferences and realize that I don't understand fucking anything.

zthbsweplx.png

I close prefences, depressed.

3. So I add the game that I liek, expecting things to get rough from here.

trqcuggptd.png

4. A wild error appears!

zakgyufsts.png

And then it's all over. Google is happy it didn't get violated, and I have to download my turns in old-fashioned way. Pls advice.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yeah thats something else. Fucking google blocks the login, because its retarded. Give me a sec to try and reproduce it here.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No, it's a rather old account. I've been using it for all my Dominions games since Dom 3. Ok, so here is what's happening:

1. I start dis shit and get a hard-on.

vpkkqixdvo.png

Google immidiately sends me a warning, sayin' that somebody tries to fuck me. So far so good.

2. I go to preferences and realize that I don't understand fucking anything.

zthbsweplx.png

I close prefences, depressed.

3. So I add the game that I liek, expecting things to get rough from here.

trqcuggptd.png

4. A wild error appears!

zakgyufsts.png

And then it's all over. Google is happy it didn't get violated, and I have to download my turns in old-fashioned way. Pls advice.

Alright I think I was able to reproduce this. When you try to login and google blocks it, it should send you an email notifying you that it blocked the login attempt. There are 2 types of those messages. One looks like this:
MzKLrID.png

And the other looks like this:
dzyIvQR.png

Which one of the 2 did you get?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Which one of the 2 did you get?

Dis one:

to Grimwulf : sign in here, click buttons and then try to do the thing with pbem manager
https://accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha

Yeah, I did it and it seemingly worked.

bgpevqiicp.jpg

Translating from glorious slav: YOU MAY NOW RAPE ME WITH ANY DEVICE YOU WANT.

I've started the program and Google doesn't send me warnings anymore. Yet the auth error still remains.

Life is pain.

:negative:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I'm getting this message only when less secure apps are disabled. Can you make sure that you enabled them as per this post:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Can you also try to add you whole email as a username in the program, so dom4op@gmail.com instead of just dom4op. It shouldn't make a difference but its still worth a try.

Anyway added the stupid code to allow xoauth so that Google can be happy that the app is secure, but I have to add it to the preferences screen. I'll post a new version tomorrow.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can you make sure that you enabled them as per this post:
Can you also try to add you whole email as a username in the program,

Done and done, still no luck. Google is weird. First I got the message like, ok you can do anything you want from now on - I won't block anything!

mzvheacygm.jpg

But as soon as I statred the program, he went full virgin mode again.

oifpmuhufu.jpg

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
... give me some time I'll post a new version working with oauth. No fucking clue how it works here without it tho, I even tried registering a new account and it worked with it too...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom