Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM Manager *new stuff*

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny, I was actually thinking of doing something similar.
Good thing you did! Much thanks!

And what nutjob complains about the use of Java for a tool like this? :lol:
Performance doesn't matter jackshit here and while Java is annoying ("can't pass functions, mun, must have classes, mun" - Well, fuck you! I'll stick with Haxe), it is easy to get results quickly with it.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Conductor, I have a problem again. My laptop's hard drive died on me recently, so now I'm going through the torture of setting up all my shit from scratch. The program had no problems recognizing muh savegames, but it refuses to send .2h files. Here is what I get:

fqlkxkjdwf.png

You are my only hope, Muty.

I will even call off that succubus in Decline 10.
Unless you want her to stay?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry people, been busy the last few weeks and had almost no free time. Let me see whats going on right now.

Grimwolf, can you please pm a screenshot of your settings windows. This looks like an issue with the smtp server.

hello friend I seriously don't have a clue why you are getting this have you blocked it with some firewall. Can you also pm me your setting screen, maybe I can get a clue from there.

Joined on the 4th of July Can you please go to you dominions folder where the savegames are (in appdata in windows) and email me the file dom4games.xml, also delete it after that and try to add the game again. Is it showing the correct turn now.

Thats everything that happened since I last responded. If I missed someone please yell here and I'll take care of it. I have some more crap to do until the end of this week and won't have an awful lot of time, but from Monday I'll have a bit more time. I'm planing on adding detailed debug logging next week so that can track those issues more easily and I'll implement the option to save the 2h files together with the trn file if they are available. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I seriously don't have a clue why you are getting this have you blocked it with some firewall.
Nope

Ok just replied to you in pm. This error usually means that either the server address is wrong or that there was some other network error. Only reason I can think of for that to happen is if you provider changed their imap address. It can of course be other things, but its nothing that I can figure out without more information.

Krem

Barely Literate
I keep trying to add new game and it won't pick anything up. It's not giving me an error or anything.

Pretty sure I did everything right. Enabled both the things on the email so idk. I joined a game on that email but it hasn't started yet, would that affect anything? I wish there was a way to test to see if anything was working.

http://puu.sh/qcCGr/aa8c9631c9.gif

Installed this on a new computah running Xubuntu 16.04. Everything worked fine except that.. when I clicked Load Turn or Start Dom4, nothing happened. No error messages or anything. Dominions itself started nicely from Steam.

Luckily when I tried to start Dom from command line it complained something about missing library runtimes. I installed those and Pbem manager could start Dom again. Apparently Steam pulls those runtimes from its own secret stash or something.

error:
./dom4_amd64: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

cure:
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian

stekur

Barely Literate
Hey Muty first of all I wanted to thank you for this program it's saving me probably hours of time. Secondly I wanted to ask for two suggestions: 1. Adding in a timer for the program. What I think would be a pretty good idea is to grab the "Next turn due:" and "current time" of when the trn file or 2h file were grabbed/sent and calculate ETA that is stored on the program to show the user when the next turn is due. This way we don't have to keep going back and forth between llama. I think this could be implemented by grabbing the info from llama's server list itself instead of through the email (since it doesn't have the info). 2. I suggest is keeping a record of each 2h file corresponding to each trn file. That way we can accomplish two things: a. keep track of previous turns so we can look back and stuff. b. I've noticed that if the program makes a 2h file for one turn (turnA) and when we load up another turn (turnB) then turnA's 2h file gets lost (deleted probably). The 2nd implementation will prevent 2h files being lost (and hours of working on a turn). I think this can be implemented by making a 2h file correspond to each trn file, just like how the trn files are numbered through the program, if a 2h file is produced by the program it can automatically make a corresponding 2h file for the trn file. Like for example, if turnA is loaded and an empty 2h file is made, once the new 2hfile is finished the program can copy it and number it based on which turn was loaded. Kind of like how the program already makes new trn files based on numbering.

It's ok to ignore my suggestions since they're pretty trivial and non-essential lol, but I still wanted to thank you. Thanks!

YOu can check old turns while working on a new one. Just remember to exit from the game with "quit without saving" command after viewing the old turn.

stekur

Barely Literate
YOu can check old turns while working on a new one. Just remember to exit from the game with "quit without saving" command after viewing the old turn.
What I mean is to check 2h files not fresh trn files. That we can we check what we did on the previous turn (troop movement, messages sent received, etc).

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Hey sorry for the slow reply, didn't expect someone to post here. Both of your suggestions are quite easy to implement and I wanted to update that shit a bit anyway I'll have a look at it this weekend.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Muty did you manage to have a look at the hotmail issue?

i could just use gmail for dominions i suppose

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I'll have a look again this weekend, I think I finally have some free time.

redred4040

Barely Literate
8PXMQuH.png

Any idea how to fix this?

Here are the things that I have tried that did not work:

1. Reinstalling JRE
2. Deleting the PBEM and downloading a new one.
3. Deleting some registry stuff for the preferences of the PBEM (maybe I didn't get all of it?) and trying again.
4. Deleting all the savegame files from dom5 saved game folder.
5. Running PBEM as admin.
6. Restarting computer.

redred4040

Barely Literate
8PXMQuH.png

Any idea how to fix this?

Here are the things that I have tried that did not work:

1. Reinstalling JRE
2. Deleting the PBEM and downloading a new one.
3. Deleting some registry stuff for the preferences of the PBEM (maybe I didn't get all of it?) and trying again.
4. Deleting all the savegame files from dom5 saved game folder.
5. Running PBEM as admin.
6. Restarting computer.
Solution:
Remove Oauth and put in password.

oddball

Barely Literate
I recently typed a few instructions on how to use the program for dummies on a noob game thread. Thought I'd repost them here in case they help anybody finding this program for the first time:

1. Download the PBEM program to your PC and install it. No need to select or use dropbox to do this.
2. Set up a new gmail account which has nothing to do with any other e-mail account you own. You don't have to do this, but I think it's a good idea.
3. Use this e-mail address for all your Dominions 5 PBEM games and nothing else.
4. You will need to set up a filter rule on your gmail settings to never send any e-mails from llamaserver.net to spam
5. You also need to enable low security apps on gmail . You do this from the main google account page. From the gmail page, you click on the "google apps" icon (the light gray circle with a 3x3 grid of small darker gray squares in it). Then you select the "Account" app (it's the first one for me). Choose "Sign in and security" and scroll down to the "Apps with account access" section. There's a slider for Allow less secure apps. Set it to on.
5. Create your pretender and send the pretender file in from the new e-mail address. You will do this manually, without using the program.
6. Open the PBEM program and click on preferences. Enter the following:
(a) Game executable: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dominions5\Dominions5.exe (yours might be on your C: drive - check to see)
(b) Save Game Folder C:\Users"your Windows user name"\AppData\Roaming\Dominions5\savedgames (again check that this is correct for you)
(c) Username: your new gmail e-mail address
(d) Password: your new gmail password
(e) IMAP server: imap.gmail.com (port 993)
(f) SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com (port 587)
7. Wait until you see your first turn e-mail in your inbox. At this point you can use the "Add Game" button and add the game. Once the game has been added, select it and press "Receive Turn". Then you can select the turn and hit Load - magically you will be in Domnions with that turn loaded.
8. If you are already in the middle of other games, just ask the admin to update your e-mail address for those games to your new Dominions 5 only gmail address. Only the game admin can do this. Next request a turn resend from llamaserver. Once you have the most recent turn e-mail in your inbox you can add that game and use the receive button to download it into the program. Then you can use the program for the rest of that game.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thank you oddball for your service, I haven't checked personally (I don't use the PBEM manager as I enjoy doing things manually, it's like with bolt action rifles) but any update is good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom