Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
ijvtbn.jpg

I'm looking to start a new game, specifically in mind to counter the very probable weeks long extensions incoming to all other games because of Santa's evil, capitalist plot.
In keeping with Decline tradition, an image will be provided shortly.

Image provided by Grimwulf

Join in if you love dominions too damn much and just want a quick, not so serious game that will keep moving along regardless.

10 players
Game will be EA, standard settings.
Map will be Plane of rusty caves https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1dmq44yxhjczgm/Planeofrustycaves.zip?dl=0
10 level 2 thrones, 16 points for victory.
No random nation picks, first come first serve.

1 major house rule. The turn timer will be set to 24 hours, there will be no extension...... ever. Not for RL drama, not for late game, nothing. Pretty sure everyone will stale a little here and there eventually (probably over 25/26 and 31/1) so it should be fine. Late late game I expect you will just have to make tough choices on what to spend your limited time on.

So this next part hopefully goes without saying. Do not sigh up if you are going on a one week holiday, do not sign up if you don't like the idea of no extensions. Do not sign up if you or one of your family members is dying or sick with expected hospital visits. Everyone else is welcome.

Players/Nations

Dreaad : Abysia, holy nuclear hell fire is the only solution.
Grimwulf : Niefelheim, they are pretty cool (Do you get it? Do you?!)
Joined on the 4th of July : Vanheim, not as awesome as Helheim.
KoolNoodles : Mictlan, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, also pretty feather hats.
Harpsichord : TNN, oh god it's the elves AGAIN!
mondblut : Theredos, the underwater, bestiality domain.
Lizzurd : Tein Chi, Oriental alchemist lizards who know the secret formula.
Dim : Oceania, under the sea, under the seeeAAAAAAAAAAA.
sqeecoo : Agartha, "the masters of speed."
Isiloon : Lanka, apes that like virgin women and skeletons, very appropriate.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm in as Niefelheim - never played it in a proper pbem. Besides, I wanna feel dem winter holidays in Cold 3 dominion.

In keeping with Decline tradition, an image will be provided shortly.

Well, where is it?

:hmmm:

I'm just messing with you. Here it is (you can copy-paste it in OP or smth):

ijvtbn.jpg

I don't have RAW-tier skillz, so don't judge.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It has been too long since a terrible image heralding the coming of an equally terrible game, has graced our presence. For that alone:

:excellent:

not so serious game

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Also you forgot the Decline raw tradition of whoever posts is signed up.

:4/5:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Hey there! I love Dom too damn much, but I'd be an effin' irresponsible goblin if I'd sign up for this. As you (don't) know, I'm currently on a country-crossing voyage towards the distant South. I won't be able to play regularly. However, I do wish you all a pretty fun, hectic game. Do count me in for the next one. Or maybe I'll start a thread for that! Cheers!

mondblut

Arcane
I'll be chillin' at Valday 24-26. If it starts like it usually starts (i.e. a month later than expected), gimme Therodos.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thanks, but nay. Hit the Gold Standard of 2 games and I'm happy with that under the festivities (plus 24h rule is too much for my creaky bones).

Probably I'll organize another Warhams match in the future, though. I'm having a ton of fun with this one, but we will require a map less.... cramped than Fantomia. I'd suggest to mod a bit the starting position, or the risk of being choked is real (right, Bretonnia?).

Dreaad

Arcane
Ok double post but I don't care. Anyone want to use heroes 5.24, OP super thug heroes with 9 attacks or area effect 999 damage eye lazors, might be fun just this once?
If not heroes 1.23.

Also, it looks like we already have 7, that's fine I don't mind 1-2 more, will change map accordingly. Will wait ..... hmmmmm ..... lets say 12 more hours.
Finally, I'll try to get game started by the 24th, so if you've chosen a race, make your pretender now, turn 1/2/3/ take 5 mins, anyone think they won't be able to do that over the 24-26th?

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Not so serious game sounds like the game for a beginner. I'm in. Oceania please.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
anyone think they won't be able to do that over the 24-26th?

As I said before, I'll be like 300 miles away from any computer with Dominions installed those days.

Last year that already cost me an opportunity to double my savings when the rouble went full retardo for a few days :negative:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Goddammit I joined this exact type of game yesterday on fucking dom4mods and you didn't tag me in time for this one :argh:

Probably for the best :)

Or are you still taking players?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Huh, didn't know about that one. Well, I'm off to click the shit out of that option.

mondblut

Arcane
Can we have a special elite Dominions subforum then? I wouldn't want to be notified whenever some consoletard peon wants to jerk off his mouse in diablow or something :obviously:

Dreaad

Arcane
The sub sub sub forum :lol:.

sqeecoo if you wish to join you may do so. I'll sign you up and you may choose nation later.
Isiloon is also joining us.

So I think I'll stop recruiting people at this point, 10 is enough.

I guess we'll use heroes 1.23.
Thrones will be raised to 10 lvl2, 16 points for victory.

Map will be the planes of rusty caves. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1dmq44yxhjczgm/Planeofrustycaves.zip?dl=0
1planeofrustycaves.jpg

Game link : http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline11
Submit your pretenders. mondblut if you wish I can do the first 3-5 ish turns for you, after that you stale. (note this only applies if people actually submit by the 24th.)

Updating OP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom