Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

agris

Arcane
Patron
<3 you all :)
Backed, good luck.

Have you contacted the TOME devs? A shotout from them would bring a lot of attention to your project.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Nice, one more interesting title to look forward to. Wishing you all the best to finish it.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Can't Crooked Bee post the news? Or VentilatorOfDoom ?

Edit:
Epyon
Powinieneś zareklamować się na wykopie (w sensie założyć znalezisko albo napisać na mikroblogu, chyba macie kogoś w ekpie kto ma tam konto?) i podesłać informację do CD-Action, GOL-a, gram.pl i innych bardziej liczących się redakcji.

Last edited:

Epyon

ChaosForge
Developer
First of all, a big thank you <3, to all who backed already!

To whomever has news access, we would be greatly honored if it would be possible!

Goral: Rock, Paper, Shotgun may have wrote about us, but it's not big enough news for the Polish websites, because we're virtually unknown in Poland. Same with Wykop - someone submited the news, news got two updates and died. Despite the fact that Jupiter Hell is pretty enough (for a roguelike), we can only count on targeted communities, ones who understand what "turn-based" and "roguelike" is, otherwise everyone assumes that it's a clone of Shadowgrounds or Alien Shooter, and dismisses it :/

Jack Dandy: it would help if you could edit in the kickstarter link at the top of the opening post!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Same with Wykop - someone submited the news, news got two updates and died.
Widzę, ale jest jeszcze szansa na mikroblogu. Musiałbyś tylko dobrze otagować swój wpis i ogólnie dobrze zaprezentować, pokazać że gra ma coś więcej do zaoferowania niż wysoki poziom trudności (taki komentarz pokazał się pod znaleziskiem). Na wykopie często wspierają twórców i to czasem wyjątkowe badziewia, np. http://www.wykop.pl/link/3164067/rz...-zrobilismy-gre-w-rok-rozdajemy-klucze-steam/ http://www.wykop.pl/wpis/17675315/mirki-to-dzis-premiera-assassins-vs-pirates-nadesz/
Jakbyście zorganizowali "rozdajo" (powiedzmy jeden czy dwa klucze wylosowalibyście wśród wykopująych/losująych) to plusy by się posypały dość szybko. Tylko jak pisałem musileibyście się do tego należycie przygotować. Ktoś zrobił wam niedźwiedzią przysługę i wrzucił tylko suchego linka nie mając też "pleców" (czyli osób go obserwująych, którzy podłapaliby temat i rozpropagowali dalej).

ColCol

Arcane
Need to hear a little bit more about mechanics and features before I donate.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And people say voice acting in roguelikes is a waste of money:

I also think the price is absolutely fine, I even went from £12 to £25 because, wow, Mark Meer is on board and his work in Mass Effect influenced my own life a lot.

Epyon

ChaosForge
Developer
Backed! :salute: Played the hell out of DoomRL, so it was only right to support this project.
Thank you!

Also, for anyone that still doesn't see the turn-based part, I recently did a tech overview for a friend while streaming development. It mostly talks about the engine, but much longer gameplay shots are visible, and you can hear the keys being pressed :P
https://www.twitch.tv/epyoncf/v/102610218
(yes, it's extremely dark, we need more lights in the levels, and twitch encoding doesn't help)

sser

Arcane
Developer
Expected price/release date? Also, will we see more animations that are reactive to things such as dodging and what not? And mayhaps a paperdoll so one can play sci-fi dress up?

The design doc mentions "AI friends" -- are there companions that will join you?

Looks good, btw.

Epyon

ChaosForge
Developer
Expected price/release date?
Price right now as on the Kickstarter, if all goes well, and the level of Polish of the finished product will be on par, with other indie 3d games, we'll aim higher.

Also, will we see more animations that are reactive to things such as dodging and what not?
The adaptive animation system that we use has barely shown what it can do. Depending on the results of your actions you might perform a dual shot to the sides, or a backshot without turning around. That's the fun part - the unpredictability of the visuals :P. Dodging and cover systems are planned, but need to be severly tested before we commit to a solution.

And mayhaps a paperdoll so one can play sci-fi dress up?
The player model will show the weapon, armor, boots, and attachments in case of heavy armors. There will be some degree of player visual customization too.

The design doc mentions "AI friends" -- are there companions that will join you?
Looks good, btw.
Thanks you! The mentioned AI is actually literal AI - some games the player might meet an AI, several factors (some random) will determine if it's a hostile Shodan-type, an insane GlaDOS type, or actually a friendly AI. We want each run to be unique, and choices to have different outcomes depending on the given run.

Severian Silk

DoomRL developer was responsible for getting the GearHead wiki wiped. So I hate him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom