Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Double brofist

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Remove brofists. If you feel a compulsive need to upvote/like/reblog shit, there are websites out there tailored to serve your needs. Codex don't need any of this plebeian social media bullshit.

Come on DU, remember how much butthurt the removal of custom avatars caused? Would be even better for brofists.

Monty

Arcane
Users that have been registered for 3 years or longer should have their brofists be twice as strong..

I like the idea of %chance of brofist failing ("you fumble your fist and brofist Fretrider by mistake") but if the forum software can't handle that then a sliding scale based on registration date is a good idea:

<1 yr: Brofist disabled. You're an alt, a plant or a kickstarter cheerleader. Or Andhaira. Or even just a regular newfag who stumbled upon the Codex. No fisting for you.

1-5 yrs: Single Brofist. You've read some drama threads, quote memes correctly and occasionally still play games. You proudly wield your brofisting ability to encourage Infinitron to paste more news from websites noone else has time to read. Or to choose sides in the GD/politics circlejerks.

5-8 yrs: Double Brofist. You're in your absolute cynical Codexian prime. You may no longer play RPGs but know all the theory and even read the workshop threads occasionally to burnish your credentials. You can flame with the best of them and and are a veteran of many "Codex is going down the bidet" threads. Surely a double brofist is the least you deserve.

>8yrs: Half Brofist: You've now been here for more than 8 years. On the fucking RPG Codex. Little remains of your sanity after countless hours watching tubgirl, debating with Nomask and checking out Prosper's art. You were actually institutionalised for a bit, but the other patients just reminded you of the 2008 intake and you were discharged after everyone else's condition worsened. It's time you were managed out in favour of new blood - Brofist ability reduced to 0.5 per post.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I like the idea of %chance of brofist failing ("you fumble your fist and brofist Fretrider by mistake")

If the software can handle it, make it so if you do certain events you can level up and allocate points to your account.

I propose a fist power progression based on the following algorithm:

1) power starts at 0, so newfags have no fisting privileges when they start
2) each registration year means +1 to the ratio
3) each brofist received adds +0.002 to the ratio
4) the final value is rounded to the nearest integer

Let's use this simple algorithm and compute Jasede's fist power:
he has 9 years of registration and 2502 brofists, thus, his brofist power is 9x1+2502x0.002=9+5.004=14.004, resulting in a fist power of 14.

I like this, because it should be the case that everyone who has been fisted suddenly becomes infinitely fisted.

e.g., two posters who have brofisted each other 500 times.

Both get +0.002 * 500 brofists = +1 power.
With +1 power each now has 1000 brofists, and so their brofists now rank at +0.002 * 1000 = +2 power.
Now they have 1500 brofists apiece, so +0.002 * 1500 = +3 power.
etc etc into into infinity.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I propose a fist power progression based on the following algorithm:

1) power starts at 0, so newfags have no fisting privileges when they start
2) each registration year means +1 to the ratio
3) each brofist received adds +0.002 to the ratio
4) the final value is rounded to the nearest integer

Let's use this simple algorithm and compute Jasede's fist power:
he has 9 years of registration and 2502 brofists, thus, his brofist power is 9x1+2502x0.002=9+5.004=14.004, resulting in a fist power of 14.

I like this, because it should be the case that everyone who has been fisted suddenly becomes infinitely fisted.

e.g., two posters who have brofisted each other 500 times.

Both get +0.002 * 500 brofists = +1 power.
With +1 power each now has 1000 brofists, and so their brofists now rank at +0.002 * 1000 = +2 power.
Now they have 1500 brofists apiece, so +0.002 * 1500 = +3 power.
etc etc into into infinity.
I didn't say that the modifier should apply retroactively. Once your brofist goes up in level, only the new brofists you give use the upgraded fisting power. It would be retarded to make it work retroactively.

Tytus

Arcane
Make one brofist per day, but allow giving more brofists. The catch is you need to buy Kodex Kool Kredtis to spend on brofists. One brofists would cost for example 100 KKK. But the user can only buy KKK bundles with 1600 and 800 KKK. 800 KKK would cost 10 dollars and 1600 KKK 16 dollars (best offer!)

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
fEd3oyM.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
False.
Proportional to the ratio of brofists received and your postcount FROM THE DAY brofists were introduced.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
False.
Proportional to the ratio of brofists received and your postcount FROM THE DAY brofists were introduced.
why? nothing is stopping anybody from reading all that old shit and brofisting posts made before nextgen codex....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom