Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Dr. Strangeturd or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Decline

Walden

Savant
Here we are, 2016. A week ago NASA said we have already gone past the point of no return, as in Artic glaciers melting process is going to be non reversible. Many human beings just ignore these facts, other pretend to save the world by just recycling, other parade a retarded sort of bravery in ignoring these facts, repeating shit like "This global warming is bullshit! I live by the day!! Now let me continue my bog standard life doing a work I don't care about, paying taxes, and other community approved stuff. Man I can't believe you're so conditioned by this warming shieeet!".
Maybe there won't be a 2100 E3, as we'll be starving, but after this L.A. zoo I'm totally discouraged.
You may say "If you mind about E3 you're just as retarded as any other of these monkeys". Meh.
This is the actual situation of gaming industry:
-after ps2 and wii, gaming became an important market, with an audience widening year after year;
-during the 6th generation of consoles there were more relevant indipendent studios, now EA, Sony, M$ et cetera incorporated them, or other studios just went bankrupt because games budget is higher than ever;
-Japan is doomed and it doesn't seem to want to come back to life;
-Sony has built in years a solid retarded fanbase of grown-up kids that played Metal Gear and consider it the paradigm of cleverness. Sony has never been very connected to their roots as Nintendo could be, and now they are in the post-Last of Us, a scripting fair with holliwoodian writing, not even to the Last Samurai same level of stupidity, but praysed to be the best game in history by masses, and they are trying to indulge this awful western taste;
-M$ ruined crpgs, now has officially announced the death of traditional console gaming and the arrival of smartphone console business(Sony is just waiting M$ to take all the blame and then do damage control with Neo), so we're going to carry on this 2011 cpu;
-Nintendo is drunk;
-it is sad that the most progressive technology seems to be VR: is just the most foolish attempt to immersion ever, is first person...even closer, and to do this you must sacrifice the feeble complexity industry reached in other fields;
-Steam isn't a developer anymore, is just the Charon of this indie stygian river;
-ps3/360 should have ended in late 2011. Now we should be talking of ps5/xbox logarithm(2^3/xy) or whatever other number without any sense they'd decided to put on it, with at least proper VR support, polaris architecture. Instead we have a mid gen not even planned, with 3 years of remastered and weak titles;
-the passage from 8 bit to 16, to 32 and CDs, to 128 bit, full 3d, online, to touch and so on, the passage from any other console generation to an other was relevant in term of gameplay. Ps4, One and Wii u are just the worst console ever. We have the worst AAA politics ever, and the worst consumer situation ever: day one mess of bugs and shit? No problem. 3000 DLCs? Oh, now they announce season passes before the game has been released. They should invest in IA and phisics, to a more synthetic relation between gameplay and history, and Jesus Christ Superstar we still have games with no IA;
-this oldschool revival is just a response to a market request, very conservative, and when people will be tired we'll have another 2000s decade of decline;
And many many other things. Have we reached the point of no return?

Last edited:

Mustawd

Seriously, who gives a fuck about consoles?

Can you order call girls on your console? Can you post on the rpgcodex on your console? Can you make pixel art on your console? No, you can't. So stfu and play some games on PC.

Walden

Savant
Get the fuck out with your consoles talk, worm.
Yes, let us live in our pc kickstarter safe space. Saddly consoles lead the market, and this wave of low-mid budget pc games is not enough, and due to kickstarters/low bugdet developers can't do anything really meaningful or ambitious.

I don't own any console, last was ps3 in 2009, sold it. I haven't played any AAA game since 2012.
It is not a console debate, it's a general gaming industry one. Maybe my OP wasn't clear, maybe you're just ignoring the problem, maybe both.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The title of the thread has nothing to do with the converstaion within. So fuck this thread, and OP is a faggot!

Walden

Savant
Jesus, this Codex trend of redundant retarded copy pasted stolen from other users replies, going on for two pages just to rise you're bro-thing is annoying after a while.

boot

Prophet
Hoaxmetal is an edgy faggot and Mustawd is a mexican. fuck them

Walden raised an interesting point. We won't ever get a high-budget proper RPG, just be swarmed with shitty kickstarters.

-That bit about global warming was dumb.
- Japan will survive.
-Virtual Reality is a meme until proven otherwise. I don't know what will happen there. What did they show off at E3?
- E3 really is a huge thing, almost ridiculous.

Have we reached the end? We reached the end a long time ago- enjoy your repackaged infinity engine shit and indie low budget "games", that's all you get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom