Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age: Golems of Amgarrak Reviews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>The latest Dragon Age DLC Golems of Amgarrak receives the first reviews.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The Greywardens <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/08/golems-of-amgarrak-review/" target="_blank">seem less excited</a> than usual.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>As for the overall length and depth of the package: it&rsquo;s pretty shallow. From start to finish it took me less than two hours to beat and that was with me wasting time setting tactics, fixing my skills hotbar, and catching up on&nbsp;the gear and stats on my Cousland since I haven&rsquo;t played him in three months or so. The DLC can be toppled in an hour, hour and a half probably at most. I wasn&rsquo;t expecting anything huge &ndash; it <em>is</em>&nbsp;a DLC after all &ndash; but I was hoping for something a bit more deep and expansive than what was delivered.</p>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>My take: </strong>The visuals in Amgarrak with the magical dimesions is a nice new look for the Origins experience. However, the difficulty on Normal was definitely not up the challenge that was promised and the package was pretty shallow story-wise and the campaign was very short. Increasing the difficult will only increase the time due to wipes and a bit longer combat against stronger enemies &ndash; but even then don&rsquo;t expect to get more than two hours worth of play out of it.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>The Examiner doesn't <a href="http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-32112-Albuquerque-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m8d10-Dragon-Age-Golems-of-Amgarrak-DLC-Review" target="_blank">seem to be too enthusiastic</a> either.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Amgarrak was fairly short, even for DLC, as it is roughly one hour long. The addition of the puzzle to advance to each section of the ruins did make the game a little bit longer, but it still feels too short and it really had nothing to do with the main story or serve as a backstory, like Return to Ostagar and Leliana&rsquo;s Song which serve as closure for certain back story from the game.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99138-dragon-age-origins-golems-of-amgarrak-dlc-reviews.html">GB</a></p>

Elzair

Cipher
[ ] This is not news! (the topic at hand is not newsworthy in my opinion)
[ ] The newsitem contained a joke, but I didn't LOL hard enough
[X] The newsitem didn't contain any joke, I didn't LOL at all
[X] I don't care (I don't care about the subject and don't want to read anything I don't care about)
[ ] The newsitem contained profanity or foul language which makes me upset
[X ] The newsitem didn't contain profanity or foul language which makes me upset
[ ] I think the wrong paragraph has been quoted and I don't want to read the whole article
[ ] This is an OUTRAGE! (the newsitem implied something I like very much sucks)
[ ] BROS I CAN HARTDLY TYPE BROS IM TOTLALLY DRIUNKL
[X] I hate VaultDweller (incident of VaultDweller induced butthurt occured earlier, unrelated to the topic at hand)
[ ] Other (please specify below)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Elzair said:

vdpv0x.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Woman flies into rage over McNuggets

Ohio customer throws an epic fit at the drive-thru that costs her 60 days in jail and $1,500. Watch what happened

BioWare is a Rage for McNugget Lovers

Gamers go into epic fits of hysteria as they engage in over 60 hours of epic romance and, nevermind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom