Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age II Review Extravaganza

Drakron

Arcane
Yeesh said:
Why would this guy be challenging his teams to get good metacritic scores if EA was buying them anyway?

Because my friend they CANNOT.

Metacritic works on averages, even if they are tilted towards higher and not lower its impossible for them to control all reviews as some will slip down and bring the scoring down ... Dead Space 2 shows the score is based in 79 reviews.

Why are we mad if he changes course and tells the teams to focus on giving gamers what they want instead of the critics if we have no respect for gaming journalism anyway?

You know what a Oscar Bait movie is?
You have your answer, this is not about making a game ... its about making a game you know reviewers will rate it higher.

I don't even know who this guy is and I don't care.

You dont know who Peter Moore is?
Currently he heads EA Sports, meaning your yearly NFL, Madden and FIFA come from people working under him.

Before that he worked for Sega (was president of Sega of America) and was hired Microsoft to work for the Xbox.

So he IS quite a important guy in the industry.

But do we really have to point out every single thing EA and Bioware do and say GOD WHAT ENORMOUS ASSHOLES even when they're doing the same stuff as everybody else?

I pointed out WHY metacritic was such a butthurt for BioWare, you continue to refuse it operating under the strange belief that EA honestly just wants to make good games.

Even User Reviews are a potential issue.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/moore ... wii-sales/

I think we once gone over this with Bioware being brought by EA but you have to understand this, EA is a corporation, works as a corporation and thinks like a corporation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom