Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a better game than Pillars of Eternity

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's right, you heard what I said.

DA:I is better than PoE for the following reasons:

1. I don't give a shit about PoE characters more than I don't give a shit about DA:I characters

2. At least there's a reason to find better loot in DA:I

3. The combat in DA:I, while somewhat derpy in its MMO-ishness, is fairly entertaining

4. Larger world to explore and more incentive to send your underlings on missions

5. Believe it or not, a more intriguing world and history and story in DA:I

Search your feelings, for you know these things to be true.

Waterd

Augur
It seems pillars of eternity recieved a lot of hate, can someone pinpoint me to a review on how this game is worse than say baldurs gate?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Never played DA3 only first two, obviously weren't going to buy third game after derpfest that were second, then again for a $4m game to be even competing with a multi million budget, hundred strong plus (probably) team, compared to ten or so is fairly impressive for Obsidian. Then again I thought Poe were mediocre so it wouldn't take much to surpass it.

Mind you at least in Poe I could weild weapons that I wanted and there were a lot more of em, wasn't restricted for no good reason, and personally I thought lore were a step above DA world. Like wi all Bioware stuff it seems alright at first but think about it a bit and it's retarded, plus full of squeer bait and jokes stolen off Buffy vampire slayer.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

1. I don't give a shit about PoE characters more than I don't give a shit about DA:I characters

3. The combat in DA:I, while somewhat derpy in its MMO-ishness, is fairly entertaining

4. Larger world to explore and more incentive to send your underlings on missions

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Expression-While-Checking-Things-Out.gif

Nael

Arcane

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Expression-While-Checking-Things-Out.gif

:abyssgazer:

B1b13Dp.gif

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
DAO is about on par with Pillars of Eternity. Both are mediocre and pretty trashy. DAI is insufferable poz'd garbage made for trannies and other weirdos.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Can't agree with 3) other points have merit.
I don't like Pillars that much ,but can give some in favor of it.

1.In Pillars you can have party of six
2.More class choices
3.Stats are more important and diverse
4.Functional pause in battle and actuality real party based combat as oppose to actionRPG style in DAI
5.A lot more spells and abilities to play with
6.Isometric view and overall no combating the camera
7.Writing in Pillars in mediocre ,but not cringeworthy level of DAI

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The item progression in PoE was awful. There were like no good items. Literally, whatever you made yourself was better than anything else you'd get in the game.

I mean, crafting is 'good', but there were no artifacts to actually replace what you made, nothing cool to get. Just shit, and lots of it.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
ITT: people failing to realize that purpose of these threads is to track down degenerates who have actually played enough of these popamole shit games to analyze them. The Great Purge is coming.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

gestalt11

Arbiter
At no point in POE did they force me to be tortured by excruciating singing like DA:I did. I almost called the UN to report a human rights violation but I was reduced to a quivering mound of flesh on the ground in a fetal position and couldn't reach my phone.

Sinatar

Arbiter

21239449918_2c5b5ec7fa_o.gif

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PoE was a boring turd, whereas DA:I was a very decent game and the best Dragon Age. Obviously DAI is better than PoE. Everything is better in DAI than in PoE.

Frozen

Arcane
If you find enjoyment in DAI that means you have no taste whatsoever...not only in gaming but in life.
Its like enjoying "music" of Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift or some shit like that...its ok if your 12 ( its not but still) its sad if you are more than 12

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you find enjoyment in DAI that means you have no taste whatsoever...not only in gaming but in life.
Its like enjoying "music" of Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift or some shit like that...its ok if your 12 ( its not but still) its sad if you are more than 12
Bruh, don't you dis Tswizzle.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeap. P. much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom