Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age producer is polling players on Dragon Age Tactics

Expon

Scholar
from ign
BioWare would like to know if you want a tactical Dragon Age game. Dragon Age Executive Producer Mark Darrah asked fans directly via Twitter, polling players on whether or not they'd play a "Dragon Age Tactics" game.
Darrah then clarified, saying that "tactics" referred to games like XCOM and Fire Emblem. Both of which have had new entries in their respective series very recently.
About one hour after posting the poll the results were overwhelmingly "Yes!" Only a very few have so far said they'd only like to see such a game on mobile and handhelds, while slightly more want it to remain exclusive to PC.
When asked if the theoretical game would have romance options — something inherent to both Dragon Age itself and the cited Fire Emblem series — Darrah simply responded "likely"

Martius

Liturgist
Somehow I doubt it will turn into anything more than not good f2p mobile game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Too many dummies saying yes instead of pc-only.

The end result will be Dragon Age: Dead Man's Switch.

imweasel

Seems like they still haven't realised that fans want Dragon Age: Origins 2.

(I of course don't mean the sickos, retards, pervs and sodomists on BSN.)

Cadmus

Arcane
I will play it only if they somehow hack it into my computer, install it and run it when my PC starts. That might convince me to give it 5 minutes but I'm certain it will be a hollow lazy-ass 2AP tactics bullshit Facebook game.

By the way I'm getting tired of the fucking 2AP system. Now that even the biggest fucking idiot dudebros started to have fun with the nuxcom maybe it's the time to push the envelope and teach them that it's even more fun if your soldiers can do more than shoot shit once per round.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Y'know D&D doesn't use action points either. :)

Mustawd

When asked if the theoretical game would have romance options — something inherent to both Dragon Age itself and the cited Fire Emblem series — Darrah simply responded "likely"

:negative: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Theldaran

Liturgist
To be honest, I'm expecting a Fire Emblem ripoff with the trademark Bioware quirks. Likely they saw that in Fire Emblem characters can form couples and bromances and they had an epiphany.

pippin

This could be a sign of two things:
One person had a really cool idea and was given a tiny room to try to prove it works

or

Bioware doesn't know what to do with Dragon Age anymore.

Bioware's constant insistence on fan polling is so strange to me. Often times it almost feels like they're viewing their consumer base solely through the lens of their weird ass hyper-reactionary official forums, and subsequently doing anything they possibly can to mitigate backlash from them.

If you have an idea you like, just make it. Tactics style games are not so niche that you'd need a poll to gauge interest.

Last edited:

pippin

If you have an idea you like, just make it. Tactics style games are not so niche that you'd need a poll to gauge interest.

It just doesn't work like that when you have a big publisher who's constantly looking at its bank account.
Besides, I believe they want to be extremely careful with the marketing of this product, because "turn based" can might as well be a death sentence with the contemporary gamer, especially the console oriented one. If this was a pc only franchise they wouldn't care so much.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Somebody at EA noticed that catering to waifu-fags has brought Fire Emblem back to life, and now that DA is infested with them it should be an easy sell. And since FE games always have dozens of characters, Biowhore can give a rimjob to every conceivable LGBT permutation in existence.

It could potentially be the most :incloosive: game ever!!!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Who cares about the gameplay, just do it like Blizzard and give fanboys a chance to make a crossover squad with Garrus, Minsc, Morrigan and HK-47 and it will basically be a license to print money.

For bonus points, make player create a mary sue character that can romance anyone (more than one if they bought the DLCs) and ask the other to be the best men.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If it's a good game I'll play it, I won't hold its association with Dragon Age against it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So I take that the whole "no one noticed my T-shirt with new IP!!!" drama was a guy wearing this logo on a t-shirt? Can't blame them, shit looks generic and bland as hell.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I take that the whole "no one noticed my T-shirt with new IP!!!" drama was a guy wearing this logo on a t-shirt? Can't blame them, shit looks generic and bland as hell.
Dragon Age isn't a new IP so that may be a different thing.

Theldaran

Liturgist
And it will be Tactics, so that we don't have to bother with the story, huh?

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Seems like they still haven't realised that fans want Dragon Age: Origins 2.

(I of course don't mean the sickos, retards, pervs and sodomists on BSN.)
Sickos, retards, pervs and sodomists are the exclusive Biowhore customers since the release of Baldings Govt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom