Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I can see your first impression. DBZ? MMORPG? God it must suck. Tab targeting kamehameha spam.

But nope. It's an action game. And now you think it's just like Guild Wars 2 where you have five abilities and cooldowns and stuff.

But nooe:

It's actually built by a true and respected fighting game (and they only do fighting games) developer, DIMPS... and they added RPG aspects. It's like literally the first online action-RPG game that has GOOD COMBAT. Manually timed blocking + ability to escape with teleports, not exactly aiming but if you use your "kamehameha-like" abilities while the enemy is free to move around, you're mostly likely going to miss. Etc. And then you can customize what skills you want to use.

Like it has better combat than the console versions. And the developer made the highly respected PS2 DBZ fighting games.

It is a lobby system, mission based game though, not open world.
  • Which is most likely a very very good thing
(However I haven't bought the game because it's $50. I have the YARR version and if I think it's really worth it I will get it. Otherwise if it goes on sale I am pretty sure 100% I will buy it because I have played it for quite a few hours already)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom